Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

SneakyFrog posted:

eh last 2 inches or so look pretty dead. :smith: dont like chopping up kittehs.

already happy and full of purrs. little rumblething and learning how to cat from the cuddly cat :3:

Does removing part of the tail cause pain for the cat? I feel like cutting up the nerves would result in chronic pain issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chili posted:

Some early morning live streaming from the basement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoW44_njzr4

https://youtu.be/IoW44_njzr4?t=7m3s

:newlol:

edit: https://youtu.be/IoW44_njzr4?t=11m25s

:newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol::newlol:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 15, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

There's just something about black cats that make them near universally cuddly and affectionate. I wonder what it is.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Boogalo posted:

Don't worry Polly, you're adorable and someone will adopt you.

I'm so lonely :cry:

Datte catte looks adorable eeeeee :3:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think if I ever end up somehow owning a house I'm gonna be a foster person. :3:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

SlippyFists posted:

Butters lives to eat.

So what you're saying is Butters is just like me. :colbert:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I let mine walk all over me at night. I wonder why I sleep poorly :downs:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jet does sleep in my bed, but not always at the same time as me and rarely next to me.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh no kitty :(

They are all good kitties. You are doing good work :3:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That is a very good doggo :>

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chili posted:

A little campaign/brag update.

Sometimes it takes making a video and seeing him through a screen to realize how much weight he's lost. Still so happy that he's a healthful bugger now and can continue to ruin our lives for more years to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3H8oPBDe94

If you want to support Bscotch's quest for glory, go here! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857561

Goddamn, Butterscotch loving loves food. I wonder if his metabolism is all messed up and he constantly feels hungry, or if he’s just a fat fucker with the munchies like me.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chili posted:

Yes. He really, really does.

I've recently started playing a new game with him where I throw him his kibbles one by one when it's dinner time. It's equal parts hilarious, cruel, and helpful as he slows down and gets some exercise. It also makes for good viewing. Be on the lookout for that soon.

Also, bonus content. A lot of people ask me how butters is handling the new baby. This pretty much sums it up perfectly:

Awww he jelly :3: Does he interact with them otherwise? I always wondered how cats deal with babies.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Especially if religion is used to put particular classes and ethnic groups into a disadvantage and exert control over an entire gender.

Not bitter at all.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m going to give it another couple weeks or so, but I’m considering joining a local foster program for a six-month cohort. I miss having cats around and I want to do something to help cats in need, but I have no idea where I will be or what I will be doing in two years (because lol, america) let alone a decade or more. Plus, I don’t quite know if I’m ready for a long-term commitment so soon after my last.

Am I a reasonable candidate for the foster program? My living situation is a 2-bed 2-bathroom apartment, previously occupied by just 1 cat but the lease allows for 2 max. I am financially stable and gainfully employed, I work from home 3 days out of the week, I can legally drive and I fully own a car, and I have established a relationship with a local veterinary hospital. Arguments against would be that I rent, not own, so I don’t know how a landlord would affect the possibility of fostering.

I’ve also got over a year and a half of experience caring for a senior and special needs cat, with GI issues and twice-daily medication (including biweekly chemotherapy). Both pills and injections. I like to think that means I can help other cats in similar need, but I’m certainly no vet, and maybe there’s something more experienced fosters can see that might throw a wrench in this option.

Good idea/bad idea? Anything I should nail down first before putting my name in?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Aha, good to know. I can certainly try and get that in writing first.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My lease explicitly says two cats are allowed, so it should be fine! I can provide a copy of that to them.

kaom posted:

I haven’t fostered personally, but I think there’s a real range of what cats need when they come to a shelter. Ours were young and healthy but would have really benefited from socialization with humans (since they were feral) and the shelter staff specifically mentioned their regret they didn’t have anyone available to foster our cats, since it probably would have made them easier to adopt out. They were at the shelter for 3 months before we brought them home - the last of their litter - because they were black and bonded and the most skittish.

This is a good thing to keep in mind. I’ve been thinking about what kinds of cats I’m interested in fostering, and I’m realizing I’ve only ever truly known one cat, not all cats. I can handle adults and seniors, but am I cut out for kittens and young adults? Especially if they’re significantly different from my previous cat…but if they need help, they need help - I can adjust.

quote:

So I think it’s a very kind thing you’re considering and worth asking about!

I’m glad to hear it :3: Every time I look at listings for cat shelters I get worried about the senior and special needs cats, so…maybe this will help them a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Another question: how much space should I have? It sounds like there should ideally be a separate space devoted specifically to the cat(s), but the other room in my ~1000sqft 2br2ba is currently my office and has a couple desks and equipment in it. Those two rooms and bathrooms (plus the living/dining/kitchen) were enough for Jet and I, but he and I were already used to each other and had no problems hanging out in the same area.

Would foster cats be able to handle access to the entire apartment, or am I expected to sequester them in their own room and keep them away from the other living areas? Does this mean my best option is to remove enough from the office to make it more of a cat room?