Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sillyloquy
Dec 4, 2008
I'd love to solicit some feedback on a drainage plan in progress. It's a ~100 year old house with a rubble foundation. In Rhode Island so it rains a lot. The seller was... less than truthful about water in the basement.

I'll link out to a google doc so no goons have to scroll past 15 pictures of my disgusting (car)hole. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XHaptwOHg6yoxWSjgwqModSd0qjZy8kyz5tyrEFrD6A/edit?usp=sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sillyloquy
Dec 4, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

It's pretty standard in RI to have sumps and some work done on the outside of the house to redirect rain away. Which one you need, or whether you need both, depends on where exactly the water is coming from. Is it coming up from the ground or down through gaps in the walls?

We get a little bit of ground water during the heaviest rain, but as a separate problem the water comes in through this wall which is what I'm hoping improving the drainage will help with.