Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Is this the right thread to inquire if this is a good (enough) roombarobot vacuum?

I thought I was getting a good deal because I saw a 550$ coupon to reduce the price to like 150$ (Canadian) but then I learned that doesn't mean I actually got a 700$ value roomba, so deceptively I maybe at best only got a 150$ value roomba.

But it seemed to be recommended highly at this random website.

I got it before I could try cancelling the order, so I'm going to go ahead and give it a try and see if it works; if it does then who cares is what I'm thinking.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

devicenull posted:

I'd be concerned by combining mopping and vacuuming you're getting the worst of both worlds. I disassembled one of the Eufy robot vacs, and there's not a lot of empty space in there. I can't imagine being able to cram a fresh + dirty water tank in there is going to be easy.

If you don't need mopping I'd suggest one of the Eufy ones to start with, looks like they're about $200 right now.

I would not trust that "review" website worth poo poo. Everything about it screams affiliate scam

Yeah I should've researched it more but I saw a deal that looked too good to be true and: :f5:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The robot vacuum seems to be doing an okay job so I think I'll keep it. It just has to be better than me never sweeping or mopping, so if it can do like 90% and I just have to touch up spots it misses/can't handle then that's a win in my book.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My robot vacuum doesn't seem to have enough battery to clean my enough apartment (around 680 square feet?), I could try to replace the battery with maybe something with twice the capacity? Or get a second one and place it in a different part of the house? Thoughts? Anyone know if the batteries are standardized at all? I tried googling MAMNV vacuum battery replacement but not finding much info.

Are there any good auto-mopping robot cleaners? I basically didn't bother with the mopping part of mine as I wasn't convinced it would do a good job of it, but the vacuuming seems fine. The little dust container gets full after like 2 "cleans".

Mopping doesn't take too much out of my day but it could be nice for a "shallow" clean and then I mop with a deep clean?