Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Hey everyone first time imp zone poster. Used to be a big Nintendo head back when I was a teen, but then lost the spark near the end of high school. My wife just got me a Switch for Christmas and it’s pretty great. I tried reading the Switch thread in Games because I didn’t even know imp zone existed and that sucked but then I found the Controllers thread here and laughed harder than I have on SA in a long time, and it just feels like, right, here

The last big game I can really remember playing is Wind Waker. I think i started the wolf Zelda too but only played it a couple times. I’ve got little kids so not a ton of free time to game but so far I’ve been playing Odyssey and it just makes me smile yknow. Guess the galaxy games are supposed to be pretty good so thinking of checking those out next

Anyway I probably won’t post much but just felt like I had to say something because rediscovering Nintendo and then finding imp zone has just brought me a weird amount of peace that I never would have expected :sax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Cheers!

Yeah wind waker was incredible, maybe my fave Zelda even, and I’m psyched for BOTW. Kinda nervous that it might be too time intensive for me rn, and pretty content to just have so much wholesome fun playing Mario for like 30 mins every other day

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

nice sounds like botw will fit nicely into my new dad gamer persona

In Training posted:

what's been your fave Odyssey level so far

i'm on my 2nd pass of going through each level and getting the power moons from the moon rocks, so haven't had a chance to revisit luncheon or bowser's castle yet. so far i think the wooded kingdom is my favorite, feels like the biggest & most diverse, and i just like trees in general. i also like the metro kingdom just for how weird the stylistic juxtapositions are

AND when i first discovered the secret painting path to the mushroom kingdom (this probably doesn't need to be spoilered but whatever), a rush of nostalgic euphoria swept over me. wish they had included the bob-omb battlefield theme music in some way, that song absolutely slaps

incredible

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

the metro kingdom has the song but it also has the jump rope......

yeah, two more reasons to Love the metro kingdom :mmmhmm:

for real though that song reminds me of "gin & tonic & red red roses" from katamari and i love it. katamari/odyssey crossover, wanna know what noise a jaxi makes when i roll it up

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ruffini posted:

Nintendo

Nintendo 🤝

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

NienNunb posted:

In Tonic Trouble you get power ups from machines that have Newman's Own logos on them

This just incepted a memory into my brain of getting newmans own lemonade in rush 2

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Hey everyone first time imp zone poster. Used to be a big Nintendo head back when I was a teen, but then lost the spark near the end of high school. My wife just got me a Switch for Christmas and it’s pretty great. I tried reading the Switch thread in Games because I didn’t even know imp zone existed and that sucked but then I found the Controllers thread here and laughed harder than I have on SA in a long time, and it just feels like, right, here

The last big game I can really remember playing is Wind Waker. I think i started the wolf Zelda too but only played it a couple times. I’ve got little kids so not a ton of free time to game but so far I’ve been playing Odyssey and it just makes me smile yknow. Guess the galaxy games are supposed to be pretty good so thinking of checking those out next

Anyway I probably won’t post much but just felt like I had to say something because rediscovering Nintendo and then finding imp zone has just brought me a weird amount of peace that I never would have expected :sax:

Hey everyone, just giving a personal update. My intuition was right , the imp zone fuckin rocks. After finishing the controllers thread I’ve started reading gaming dreams, oh yeah that happened, and awesome interactions of game and I think all these threads have made me cry laughing at least once each. Love that I have literally thousands more of these posts to read and quietly weep with laughter while my wife and kids are sleeping. All you imps postin on the regular are funny as gently caress and my earnest posts aren’t witty but im glad to be able to read a forum of people giving each other poo poo in a way that’s just good natured and fun

Anway that’s not really related to Nintendo at all, so here’s a little personal anecdote. The first forum I ever posted on was a place called nintendorks. I started reading the front page and eventually forums there in the early 00s, when I was around 11 years old. My first ever username was GamecubeFanMan, which 11 year old me thought would immediately ingratiate me to the much cooler, more sarcastic, star posters of nintendorks, who were probably all in their late 20s at the time which is like an almost mythically cool age difference to a pre-teen

After a few months of having my lovely posts ignored, I posted my first ever thread, which was a completely fabricated story about leaving a cumstain on the wall next to my computer and asking for advice as to how to get the stain out before my parents got home from work that day. The same 11 year old brain that thought my username would make me instantly cool, also thought that this thread would be an overnight sensation, nintendorks getting its very own Tucker max bad boy celebrity. there was some real “and then everyone started clapping” poo poo happening in my thought process... but I was so relentlessly mocked for the thread that I immediately deleted my account and re-regged under a different name and I don’t think I’ve ever actually told this to any other soul until now lmao

I posted there a lot through my teens in a much more mundane way, and quickly realized that most of the funniest people there made lots of references to SA. I started lurking SA a bit and eventually an IRL friend of mine who also posted on Nintendorks actually bought my SA account for me as a Christmas present in 2004. But I was terrified of posting for the first few years I had the account, and by the time I got comfortable posting here I’d kind of phased out of gaming and mostly posted in TCC lol

I still occasionally see a couple posters that I recognize from nintendorks, mostly in SAS posting about hockey, and every time I have to fight the urge to quote them and say some dumb nostalgic poo poo

Any ndorks up in this thread? :q:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

my first screen name was “gcubedude”

:hfive:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Me bro. I’ll PM you when I get home.

wait are you fucken with me??? I just got to page 84 of awesome interactions of game and saw you post that you’re from Maine??? Me too man??!! Wtf

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Yeah but I live in Florida now. You have a lot of lore to catch up on.

“yeah” meaning you are fuckingg with me about being a nintendork, or just yeah that you’re from ME? Lol

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

welp time to delete my account

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

When I was like 6 years old I went to a schoolmates’ birthday party, not really a real close friend more like an invite the whole class situation. Pretty sure this was my first ever exposure to game. She had a snes and we played SMW and it was so cool and then we played with water balloons in her yard and her dad pretended to be the football guy and chased us around but then we started pelting him with water balloons so he ran away but cAme back with a super soaker and just owned us.

Haven’t thought about this day in a long time but I think it’s basically when I became a gamer even though I didn’t get my own console for another 4 years. SMW is my favorite snes game. And i always thought it was pronounced “sneeze”

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i remember when i was in 5th grade my friends and i were all playing OOT and i got the flu so i stayed home from school for a week and played soooo much OOT and was the first one in our group to beat the water temple, and when i went back to school the next week my friends were soooo pissed at me and insisted i was just faking sick to get farther than them in the game

putting nostalgia aside, i think WW is my favorite. i remember being SCANDALIZED when i first saw the art as a teen, how could they DO this to link???? but i was completely won over as soon as i started playing it, and is kind of what sets the benchmark of Beauty in video games to me

i JUST downloaded BOTW so will start playing that for the first time soon, very excite

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

que sera sera posted:

when i die i want to upload my consciousness black mirror style into the title screen of oot for all eternity. home....

this post just made me hear hoofsteps

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

the worst game in the zelda series is probably four swords because of how hard it is to actually play it? like try getting that to fire up on an emulator and the anniversary edition is one of those weird Nintendo vault games.

I played 4 swords in a buddies basement and we all had GBAs and it was so fuckin fun, the 4th player was always the friends lil brother and he was so easy to goad into full blown temper tantrum meltdowns which was hilarious at the time but looking back i guess it was pretty mean

4 swords with GBAs ftw

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

BotW is the only game in the last 20 years where I felt like I was 12 again being completely blown away multiple times by the scale and depth of a new game

I was almost gonna make a post how I think OOT occupies an untouchable place in my memory because that kind of awe and wonder at a game was really only possible as a kid. This makes me super psyched for botw

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Thinkin bout baking myself a cake today

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

this is dope

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

VIALLGER B

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Fungah! posted:

HOLY poo poo MARIO GOLF

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

love the voice describing mario golf

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

AverySpecialfriend posted:

But is there an RPG mode

oh... :))))))) did we mention STORY MODE ;)))

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

BABY GAMES BEGONE

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i wonder if mario golf will have mini golf

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Started BOTW for the first time tonight. Thank you Nintendo

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Was worried that I wouldn’t like the weapon degradation system but after two hours of gameplay I’m 100% sure that it’s Actually Good

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

elf help book posted:

no fishing in botw is baffling

WHAT

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Any time you eat an uncooked Hylian mushroom there's a 10% chance of triggering Eternal Darkness-style sanity effects

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Accidentally watched the trailer for Pokémon Snap on my switch at 0.75x the other day and was pleased with the ASMR vibes. Has to be on the switch, not on YouTube because of pitch correction. Happy Friday imps :D

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

The accident was the speed, not the watching of the snap trailer btw

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Lil Saturday morning viewing

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

was not expecting to get so brutally owned for that, drat. So it goes

At risk of getting further owned for posting something that is “old news”... this is cool

https://youtu.be/z593i_D5TdQ

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

On my first play of BOTW. Just found a shrine behind a waterfall. Thank you Nintendo

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

NienNunb posted:

This is actually a lie, I played the first five minutes of Prime 1 when I rented it from Blockbuster but I got too scared and went back to replaying the tutorial level of Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

Lol

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

American McGay posted:

Doing the reverse black guy reacting to the skulls unit showing up in the credits gif thinking you were gonna say it looks amazeballs but then clapping once I saw you said it sucks.

Lmao

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

i really do love Nintendo

Oh for sure

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Now rakim you may b on tha mic enjoying your Nintendogs now but when that firmware is out of maintenance well let’s just say it’ll be real ill indeed

im fuycking dying rn

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

mycophobia posted:

drat i love mario galaxy.

What’s your highlight so far

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Watching Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and playing hours of Beetle Adventure Racing! Yeah, you could say 1999 was fairly epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

lmao