Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
We just bought our house Dec 15.

Our mortgage was with United Wholesale Mortgage.

It is getting transferred to Mr Cooper.

Should I be concerned in any way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That’s cool that a teacher got retirement up and running. Maybe you can hang with him he seems pretty cool.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Duckman2008 posted:

No, this is standard practice. It might not even stay with Mr.Cooper, although I'd say the chances are pretty good it will, as they're a very large mortgage servicer.

My loan was originated with JG Wentworth, went to Wells Fargo, then to Mr.Cooper where it's stayed.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
My loan has just stayed with chase, I hope it doesn’t move their website is pretty good…

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
My mortgage got sold basically immediately, but I still made payments and did all my paperwork through the original bank. It was a total non-event as far as I was concerned.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Duckman2008 posted:

This is normal mortgage poo poo, but as someone who's mortgage is owned by Mr Cooper, gently caress Mr. Cooper. Good god they're worthless.

This isn't a new thing either. They used to be Nationstar and re-branded in part because everyone hated them.

Pay attention them and brace yourself to sit on the phone for a few hours if they gently caress something up. Their CS is god awful. My tip is when you get into their phone tree and can't find the option you want, go to "mortgages" and keep buttons until you get a salesperson, then tell them the phone tree brought you here and could you please give me the correct number for someone to help with my issue with an existing mortgage? Literally the only way I've found to resolve crap with them.

The thing they gently caress up with me annually involves a check box on their end they should be able to check off but can't because of some software problem. At least that's what the clearly ill trained lady who was working the system that day told me. She straight up said I'd probably have to call every year because she couldn't check the greyed out box that she needed to check off to prevent me from getting nasty grams about my insurance.

In summation: gently caress Mr. Cooper.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Chase services my mortgage and they seem pretty ok

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

This is normal mortgage poo poo, but as someone who's mortgage is owned by Mr Cooper, gently caress Mr. Cooper. Good god they're worthless.

This isn't a new thing either. They used to be Nationstar and re-branded in part because everyone hated them.

Pay attention them and brace yourself to sit on the phone for a few hours if they gently caress something up. Their CS is god awful. My tip is when you get into their phone tree and can't find the option you want, go to "mortgages" and keep buttons until you get a salesperson, then tell them the phone tree brought you here and could you please give me the correct number for someone to help with my issue with an existing mortgage? Literally the only way I've found to resolve crap with them.

The thing they gently caress up with me annually involves a check box on their end they should be able to check off but can't because of some software problem. At least that's what the clearly ill trained lady who was working the system that day told me. She straight up said I'd probably have to call every year because she couldn't check the greyed out box that she needed to check off to prevent me from getting nasty grams about my insurance.

In summation: gently caress Mr. Cooper.

Oh great.

But basically nothing to do but go with the flow and wait and see. Fun poo poo.

Second question: so like, if I want to re finance down the road because rates go down or whatever, can I got through the same person who I got the OG mortgage setup with, or do I have to go through this new company?

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
Mortgage lenders can sell two things when you get a home loan. They can sell your actual mortgage, and they can sell the mortgage servicing rights ("MSRs"). They can sell them to two different groups even! The thing you'll actually care about is if they sell the MSRs because then you'll get a new (probably bad) phone tree to deal with. Not much you can do about it unless you can find a place that will portfolio your loan, and even if they do that there's no real guarantee they'll keep yours, or not change their mind later.

Duckman, you can contact anyone you want to refinance your loan.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

That’s cool that a teacher got retirement up and running. Maybe you can hang with him he seems pretty cool.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

SpartanIvy posted:

I built a 300K BTU NG fire pit.

I misread this as BUG fire pit at first, and was a bit confused, but it did bring back pleasant memories of the last bug fire pit I built (well, helped build, team effort).

Someday I aspire to buy up a bunch of land and do the same poo poo in my yard.