Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Sprite Can
Oct 23, 2008
Is there a reason drowning isn't an option?

e: My company uses Orkin and Orkin refuses to use any traps that aren't sticky traps in our houses. I usually sabotage the traps with oil, but occasionally I'll get a call from staff freaking out about a screaming mouse stuck to one and I just tell them to drown'em in a bucket of water.

Evil Sprite Can fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Sprite Can
Oct 23, 2008

Sock Weasel posted:

...Because drowning is also a horrifically inhumane way to kill something? :v: (Also generally speaking if someone can't handle dealing with a screaming animal in a sticky trap they're probably not going to be able to drown it.)

Bagging & whacking it against something solid by someone who is willing to go all in is the quickest way to go.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that bag and whack is the way to go and thankfully I've only had to do it once. However I don't see how drowning, as a second option, is less humane than not doing anything when you don't have someone willing to whack, chop or smash.

I didn't mean the oh-my-god-that's-so-sad freaking out, I mean the oh-my-god-that's-so-gross freaking out. I've told them they need to kill it one way or the other and drowning is apparently less gross so that's what they pick. With gloves, a round bucket and a dinner plate it's low effort and over fairly quick.

It's better than being thrown in the trash half alive.

• Locked thread