Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

I don't think people who write about gay relationships in one thing will necessarily have them in their other works.

The show summary is very suggestive, though. And they're more likely to have them than people who've never written gay relationships, if you follow me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

The show summary is very suggestive, though. And they're more likely to have them than people who've never written gay relationships, if you follow me.

I mean, Rakugo was written by a yaoi author.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nothing I've found would indicate that was the case, but I couldn't really find a whole lot on the novel. I'm not expecting a relationship in that one though, just maybe more subtext than the average sports show. I'd love to be wrong, but I'll be watching it either way unless it turns out to be really dull or something.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

I mean, Rakugo was written by a yaoi author.

Not sure that's the best example. I mean, yeah, it was subtext rather than text, but it was ridiculously heavy subtext.

Like, moving in and raising a daughter together and roleplaying a husband and wife in a comedy performance for her subtext.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 27, 2016

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

Not sure that's the best example. I mean, yeah, it was subtext rather than text, but it was ridiculously heavy subtext.

You know people are going to deny it if they don't kiss.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm hype for Mob Psycho 100! :)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Will watch:

Berserk
Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu
Mob Psycho 100
Kingsglaive
One Piece Film Gold
Persona 5 the Animation: The Day Breakers

Will try:

91 Days

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There's actually a lot I'm interested in this season

Amanchu!
Cheer Boys
Love Live! Sunshine!!
Mob Psycho 100
Sweetness and Lightning
FUDANSHI KOUKOU SEIKATSU
Yowamushi Pedal: Spare Bike

and I'll try Show by Rock and that soccer one if literally anybody says anything good about them

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Handa-kun is the only thing I'll watch for sure. It's kind of apples and oranges in comparison to Barakamon so I wouldn't go into it expecting it to be just like that but it's still very good/funny on its own.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Isn't Jojo Part 4 supposed to air for three cours in a row?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Whoop, somehow missed this thread while I was scrolling through the front page earlier.

Stickied.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Strange Quark posted:

I don't think people who write about gay relationships in one thing will necessarily have them in their other works.

yeah but its about baseball. baseball

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Blhue posted:

yeah but its about baseball. baseball

baseball is like, the least gay sport

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no such thing as a heterosexual sports anime. even if it is based on a completely hetero manga they always gay up the anime a bit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's top of the gay sport list?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

cricket

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sakurazuka posted:

surprisingly, full contact martial arts is not high up that list

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hell, i'll watch sweetness and lightning

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I really hope New Game is more like Shirobako, and not a ~totally wacky~ comedy. :(

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

I really hope New Game is more like Shirobako, and not a ~totally wacky~ comedy. :(

i wouldn't call it ~totally wacky~, but it is more of a comedy than shirobako was.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's way more just an sol comedy thing, don't expect it to say anything serious about game development.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Qualidea? Ok...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lemon-Lime posted:

all you need to know is that umi chan is the strongest

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Active Raid 2
Amanchu!
Berserk (2016)
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate
Handa-kun
Kono Bijutsu-bu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
Love Live! Sunshine!!
Mob Psycho 100
NEW GAME!
orange
Sweetness and Lightning

And KUROMUKURO from Spring season.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Droyer posted:

i wouldn't call it ~totally wacky~, but it is more of a comedy than shirobako was.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's way more just an sol comedy thing, don't expect it to say anything serious about game development.

:rip:

It's high time we got a bunch of Shirobako clones, already. :(

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Watch Sore ga Seiyuu.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Watch Sore ga Seiyuu.

I watched about half of it and didn't like it, because it was too silly, hence the comment about New Game. :v:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Well, then :rip: indeed.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Just watch that one episode of Paranoia Agent over and over again.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm fine with Shirobako being the only Shirobako.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

i'm fine with Shirobako being the only Shirobako.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I'm not. gently caress you.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Give me a whole prospering genre of Christmas cake slice of life workplace stories or give me death.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

Give me a whole prospering genre of Christmas cake slice of life workplace stories or give me death.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

K. Flaps posted:

That and s2

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The secrets of the Clow
Were all a mystery
But when a new anime was announced
The power was set free

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh god CCS is 20 years old

They can do a sequel to that but they'll never finish X :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Only really looking forward to Danganronpa 3 and Mob Psycho 100. I dunno how long Kiznaiver's supposed to last, but JoJo's (and presumably Luluco) will be carryovers from last season.

• Locked thread