Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
https://mobile.twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/832069502477144065

quote:

To help you prepare for upcoming adventures, Pokémon Storage upgrades require 50% fewer PokéCoins starting the afternoon of Feb. 16–28 PST!

Half price pokemon and item storage upgrades from today until feb 28. Will be good to get some extra space in for the new items and new pokes.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

0 dragonites - Level 32.9 playing from first day.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

jeef posted:

0 dragonites - Level 32.9 playing from first day.

Same. Level 29. Haven't even seen a single Dratini.

Vegastar posted:

They gotta turn it on serverside first. They'll probably force the version upgrade later tonight or tomorrow, then turn it on. Keeps the app from bugging the gently caress out if somebody gets an evo item or new berry in the old version that doesn't have the assets.

Yeah, I think this is what happened. I'm noticing a lot less spawns at work today. I'm guessing they're supposed to be spawning gen2s, but waiting for the switch to actually show up.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Gotta hand it to Pokémon Go for confirming to the world that there are indeed, only two genders.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Ira Glass Jaw posted:

Gotta hand it to Pokémon Go for confirming to the world that there are indeed, only two genders.

nice, please, continue with where you're going with this.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
All-rush mixtape made a thread for the update but I don't know if they linked it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810212&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Good job with the new thread title

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

AirRaid posted:

Half price pokemon and item storage upgrades from today until feb 28. Will be good to get some extra space in for the new items and new pokes.

Wish there was some small free upgrade and I feel like complaining that gen 2 is a cash grab but making that argument without sounding whiny as hell is :effort:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Louisgod posted:

There should be a gender slider obviously

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

Ira Glass Jaw posted:

Mr. Mime can be female

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Snowy posted:

There should be a gender slider obviously

Gender has more than one dimension you bigot

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Gender has more than one dimension you bigot

A uh, gender dodecahedron??

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Louisgod posted:

Ditto is apparently genderless

:(

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ira Glass Jaw posted:

We're mating them, so sex is the proper term.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Darko posted:

We're mating them, so sex is the proper term.

My mistake

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ira Glass Jaw posted:

Ditto is genderfluid to the max.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Ira Glass Jaw posted:

:frogout:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ira Glass Jaw posted:

Don't.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Vegastar posted:

They gotta turn it on serverside first. They'll probably force the version upgrade later tonight or tomorrow, then turn it on.

The version was forced about an hour ago, then unforced, now it's apparently forced again.

So Gen 2/new items late tonight/tomorrow seems like the plan.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Snubull!!!!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Gen2 is active now!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I played the hell out of Pokémon (I had red and yellow), but I only made it a little bit into Silver until I just stopped playing. Any specific Pokémon to be looking for? Do we know who Niantic is making rare or not rare?

Also, I want to throw out all my current 5km eggs to get new ones, which presumably have newer Pokémon in them as well as the standard.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Just caught this one, it darted around the screen in a zig-zag but was pretty easy to hit even without the slowing berry.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I like the new drum beat in the overworld music, nice little touch for the change-over.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
these new guys are kicking rad

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Check your poliwhirls boys

Special item needed for politoad

e: and servers down. I should have known better than to use an egg.

ee: Found a feraligatr already but the fucker ran after 20 ultra balls.

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 17, 2017

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Got a Cyndaquil and Natu. Seem to be drawn very far away and hard to reach, but maybe just those 2? See Aipom, Wobbufett, Crobat, Wooper and Marill on my radar. See you guys in like a week.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Lord, Blissey is ugly.

And OP, too.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

game is down for me :lol:

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

darkwolf220 posted:

Got a Cyndaquil and Natu. Seem to be drawn very far away and hard to reach, but maybe just those 2? See Aipom, Wobbufett, Crobat, Wooper and Marill on my radar. See you guys in like a week.

Nah all of the new ones I've seen are super far away.

Also I just caught a black spearow thing and it turned into an eevee. :sweatdrop:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
https://twitter.com/TheSilphRoad/status/832369819454468097

I wish I had seen this before I evolved like 3 Vaporeons and 2 Jolteons.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I got a bug where selecting any gen 2 pokemon makes the selected screen flip out at worst, choose the last gen 1 pokemon on my list at best.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
I decided to walk down to the local hardware/general store instead of driving just to work on my eggs. On the way there, everything was as it was before, and I spent about 15 minutes at the store. On the way back, I caught a Chikorita, Sentret, Chinchou, Sunkern, Teddiursa, and a bunch of Murkrow. This is one of the few instances where timing as ever ended up being perfect for me.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
it's half past midnight and there's a piloswine in my nearby :shepface:

Oh well, it'll be there in the morning. Hopefully the servers'll be faster too. Logging in took two minutes.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

TVs Ian posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSilphRoad/status/832369819454468097

I wish I had seen this before I evolved like 3 Vaporeons and 2 Jolteons.

Came here to check this, whoops

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Just caught this bad boy in my living room:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I bet theyre regretting that change to make all the models transfer over from the servers every time now

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Well, tried to catch a a pokemon next to me, and the game errored out :shepface:

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 17, 2017

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Wait, why can't I evolve my Golbat now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

LemonLimeTime posted:

Wait, why can't I evolve my Golbat now?

I evolved mine! Golbat, Eevee and Chancey can be evolved without any special items.

• Locked thread