Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Are you gonna be using them for dialogue? Something may look good with one line of text, but if you get into a bunch of lines you get a lot of negative space. Imagine a full length conversation with this spacing:

TheMcD posted:

75x75:

I'm tending towards 64x64, but that's because of my tendency to go towards smaller images and because I kind of want to hide my crummy image editing. So because of that, I'm looking for second opinions, and once I decide on something.
I'm tending towards 64x64, but that's because of my tendency to go towards smaller images and because I kind of want to hide my crummy image editing. So because of that, I'm looking for second opinions, and once I decide on something.

64x64:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Either 64x64 or 75x75. I'll echo that smaller is better, but you need to keep enough space to reliably show expressions (unless you don't plan on showing those at all, in which case you can probably swing 50x50, honestly).

Unrelated: I know what game this is and it's gonna be a real interesting ride. :allears: I still need to go finish the second storyline, myself.

Artix fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 30, 2016

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

64x64 or even smaller, frankly. Portraits need to provide enough detail to reliably indicate who's talking; anything extra beyond that is largely wasted space. The portraits for my Avernum LP are 45x45 and I don't feel like they're too small.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Are you gonna be using them for dialogue? Something may look good with one line of text, but if you get into a bunch of lines you get a lot of negative space. Imagine a full length conversation with this spacing:

Yeah, the negative space was what I was largely afraid of, and that's why I figured I'd get second opinions beforehand. The thing is that by the time I hit 50x50, I felt like things were starting to look kind of rough, with facial features degenerating into a blank slate of skin color.

Even if I crop tighter, that just looks bad to my eyes, but maybe that's just me:

Artix posted:

Either 64x64 or 75x75. I'll echo that smaller is better, but you need to keep enough space to reliably show expressions (unless you don't plan on showing those at all, in which case you can probably swing 50x50, honestly).

Unrelated: I know what game this is and it's gonna be a real interesting ride. :allears: I still need to go finish the second storyline, myself.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with expressions. I mean, for one, I'd need to infer them for the main character, and I'm not good at inferring. Further, I'd need to create several more of these images, which is kind of an annoying process now that I've actually done it once. A lack of a proper sprite rip is a real pain in the rear end. I'll have to sleep on that question.

...I suppose if I just make them all beforehand, I can avoid burning myself out, since I know I'll have them all done by the time I start the LP. Hm, there's a thought. Then again, how would I know that I got all them... bah.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Try 55x55 or 60x60? There's a sweet spot between 64 and 50, just gotta find it.

BlindGuy
Feb 27, 2011

The Prophet
Hi All,

I've been bitten by a Cold War bug lately, so am considering an LP of an old war game from an outfit called Simulations Canada, Northern Fleet. It's completely text-based, which is the only reason I'm able to play it at all.

This might be better asked in Tech Support, but I figured it was sufficiently high-level that some discussion would be appropriate.

The game provides text output for combat reports and intelligence data and so on, but originally came with a physical map which you were meant to mark up with a grease pencil. I have a copy of this in spreadsheet form, because I can't access the original graphic. I also have a JPEG, which I've uploaded to give a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Click here for the full 1256x1597 image

The question I have is if anybody has ideas for handling turn-by-turn updates. I can't exactly use a paint program to draw in the appropriate grid squares. I could post a copy of the spreadsheet every turn as I update it, but that would be the nerdiest part of this nerdy LP, and I wouldn't want to subject anybody else to my accommodation just because. There has to be a more friendly way to do this. I'd be posting things like, "A carrier taskforce has been sighted in K19," or whatever, and it would necessarily change from turn to turn.

I think this game has a lot of potential for interesting community play and discussion, but the map is problematical. Any notions appreciated.

BlindGuy fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 30, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

TheMcD posted:

Yeah, the negative space was what I was largely afraid of, and that's why I figured I'd get second opinions beforehand. The thing is that by the time I hit 50x50, I felt like things were starting to look kind of rough, with facial features degenerating into a blank slate of skin color.

Even if I crop tighter, that just looks bad to my eyes, but maybe that's just me:

I recommend going with 64x64, or 60x60. You can try cutting some whitespace from the right to set up a mini 'rule of thirds' effect.

Also I echo the tighter crop looking bad with the main reason being that there's too little whitespace making it look messy. You typically want some in order to infer a frame that makes the image look nice and clean.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 30, 2016

Jewel
May 2, 2009

TheMcD posted:

Now, three different resizes that I had considered.

100x100:

75x75:

64x64:

Also, these images are http, you need to host them on a better host, since a lot of people have force https enabled in their settings so they're not going to work, and even moreso; https is going to be forced forum-wide soon.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Alright, thanks for the feedback, I'll keep fiddling with things and see if I can't find something I'll end up being happy with, and I'll eventually be back with the test post.

Jewel posted:

Also, these images are http, you need to host them on a better host, since a lot of people have force https enabled in their settings so they're not going to work, and even moreso; https is going to be forced forum-wide soon.

I'm just using another image host for random testing poo poo like this, once I get into actually working, I'll switch over to LPix - I just want to keep that LPix folder clean. Though I didn't know there was going to be a forum-wide HTTPS force switchover, thanks for telling me that.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Etiquette question, I guess. A future update (probably more than one, as it's a repeating enemy) for my Metro: Last Light LP will feature spiders. The mutated, giant, half-scorpion type. A lot of them. Should I put up a warning alongside the update?

BlindGuy posted:

Click here for the full 1256x1597 image

I can't exactly use a paint program to draw in the appropriate grid squares.
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but if that's the map and it was supposed to be written on with something erasable, wouldn't jotting on the map or using tokens with paint or other software be the best way of handling it? Is the map you posted different from the actual game on (as you mention you don't have access to it)?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edmond Dantes posted:

Etiquette question, I guess. A future update (probably more than one, as it's a repeating enemy) for my Metro: Last Light LP will feature spiders. The mutated, giant, half-scorpion type. A lot of them. Should I put up a warning alongside the update?

I dunno, is CJacobs following your LP?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I mean, even if he isn't, just letting people know that your video may contain spiders shouldn't be too much trouble unless typing or speaking a couple more words will literally kill you, in that case please be safe.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 2, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

chitoryu12 posted:

Everyone is following my LP. :smugbert: Oh god why is no one commenting I have like 50% of the thread's posts to my name :negative:

IGgy IGsen posted:

I mean, even if he isn't, just letting people know that your video may contain spiders shouldn't be too much trouble unless typing or speaking a couple more words will literally kill you, in that case please be safe.
Yeah, fair enough. It's not like it's going to be a spoiler, the first 5 minutes of the video is "let's walk thorough cobwebs and things that look like giant spider eggs".

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Edmond Dantes posted:

the first 5 minutes of the video is "let's walk thorough cobwebs and things that look like giant spider eggs".

It's just misdirection.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

chitoryu12 posted:

Hey! I resemble that claim!

I mean, resent, no wait, poo poo

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

JordanKai posted:

It's just misdirection.

Of course. They're not spider eggs, they just look like spider eggs. They're actually part spider, part scorpion, part Antlion on steroids.

CJacobs posted:

Hey! I resemble that claim!
You should consider skipping Episode 7 of my LP in that case. :v:

BlindGuy
Feb 27, 2011

The Prophet

Edmond Dantes posted:

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but if that's the map and it was supposed to be written on with something erasable, wouldn't jotting on the map or using tokens with paint or other software be the best way of handling it? Is the map you posted different from the actual game on (as you mention you don't have access to it)?

the map I posted is a scan of the actual game map, as far as I know. :) The problem I'm talking about is that I am actually totally blind, so I can't reliably use a paint program for anything, let alone tokens or what have you.

I had a friend who was kind enough to transfer the grid to a spreadsheet, which is the only way I'm able to keep track of what's where. It's not exactly friendly for sighted people, however.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

BlindGuy posted:

the map I posted is a scan of the actual game map, as far as I know. :) The problem I'm talking about is that I am actually totally blind, so I can't reliably use a paint program for anything, let alone tokens or what have you.

I had a friend who was kind enough to transfer the grid to a spreadsheet, which is the only way I'm able to keep track of what's where. It's not exactly friendly for sighted people, however.

Well that puts a spin on things.

How much do you expect the sheet to change on a turn by turn basis? If it's small incremental changes (say, one unit moves one square), you could keep those updates text-only and then link to a google sheets copy of your spreadsheet every X turns. For example, if 10 turns make a day you just upload your sheet at the day's end and link it so people can have everything in one place.

You may want to check PoptartNinja's Battletech thread (fair warning: it's gigantic) to see how he handles turn-by-turn updates. He does have some images since unit movement can get a bit tricky there, but since yours is a grid and the map itself doesn't change you may be able to get away with it. Here's an update post from his thread.

BlindGuy
Feb 27, 2011

The Prophet

Edmond Dantes posted:

How much do you expect the sheet to change on a turn by turn basis? If it's small incremental changes (say, one unit moves one square), you could keep those updates text-only and then link to a google sheets copy of your spreadsheet every X turns. For example, if 10 turns make a day you just upload your sheet at the day's end and link it so people can have everything in one place.

That's a good question. The way it typically works is you assign your taskforces to go to a specific destination square, and they work out their own paths to get there. Each square is around 70 nautical miles across, and each turn is 8 hours. So it's fairly incremental. Submarines are special, because both sides have a lot of them, and friendly subs don't always make contact.

Enemy units tend to appear and disappear from turn to turn as you detect them, and keeping track of those is an exercise in itself. The number of units in play increases as the game goes on, because both sides get reinforcements.

Thanks for the link to the thread, will definitely look it over.

BlindGuy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 2, 2016

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Let's go Beyond Communication with Root Double

So, what's all this then?

Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition - henceforth referred to as "Root Double" - is a visual novel by Regista. The original version was released on XBox 360 and PC in 2012, then the game got an updated rerelease on PS3 and the PS Vita called the "Xtend Edition" with extra content. However, all of this was Japan-only. Then, a campaign on Kickstarter was launched to bring the game to the English-speaking world, it reached its goal of 135.000$, and Root Double found its way to Steam in April of 2016.

Anybody associated with this project I should know about?

Well, it's a game by Regista, which means that Takumi Nakazawa, director of the Infinity series (Never7, Ever17, Remember11) was on board here as director/producer as well. So there's some VN pedigree behind this game. And of course, the Infinity series connection means that Nakazawa has a connection to Kotaro Uchikoshi, who is most known as being the writer/director for the Zero Escape games. And as Danganronpa fans know, having a connection with Uchikoshi means that his ideas somehow end up in your games as well because he's apparently got some sort of parasites attached to him. So if you liked the Zero Escape stories, this one should be up your alley as well.

You seem rather taciturn regarding what actually happens in this game.

That's because I'm a bit hesitant in revealing information about the plot. I've already beaten the game, so I know basically everything - meaning that I'm liable to end up saying the wrong thing too early (I'm not very smart, you see) and since discovering things is a big, big part of the plot, I'm just going to try to let the game speak for itself as much as possible. If you want to know the gist of what the game will revolve around, just read the first updates. The game will set the stage well enough for you.

Then, what's the LP going to be like?

Standard fare screenshot LP. There's a couple videos, but otherwise, there should be nothing out of the ordinary here. After all, this game is actually in English for once, so I don't even have to translate anything. There will be voting, but that will be explained once the game brings up the particular mechanic that voting will revolve around.

Everything that comes from the game will be in regular font, and my comments during gameplay and descriptions of happenings on screen that can't be put into screenshots will be in italics. Also, in dialogue, regular text is the characters speaking, (and text in brackets is the characters thinking).

How about a spoiler policy?

NO SPOILERS, EVER. Not even under tags. The story is the one thing that keeps the game going (obviously), so experiencing it as fresh as possible is the #1 objective here. If you have already played it (and if so, you're apparently a part of a relatively small club), just sit back and enjoy the potential for horribly wrong conclusions for people to come to and people gleefully stumbling into bad ends you've already seen.

What's "Beyond Communication"?

You'll see.

I don't think there's anything else to be said, so let's get into the action!

ROUTE A - AFTER

001 - Prologue
002 - Format

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Do we have an SALP Discord server? Because I'd like to just have a general hangout that isn't IRC (I can't take people who still use IRC seriously, sorry).
I'd be willing to make one if there isn't one unless people hate the idea horribly for some reason.

EDIT: Yeah, you may know me as someone shilling Discord everywhere.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

IGgy IGsen posted:

Do we have an SALP Discord server? Because I'd like to just have a general hangout that isn't IRC (I can't take people who still use IRC seriously, sorry).

Do we have an SA LP IRC channel? Because there's nothing wrong with IRC. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

(I mean, there's nothing wrong with Discord either, but IRC is the gold standard for group text chat for a reason)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Do we have an SA LP IRC channel? Because there's nothing wrong with IRC. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

(I mean, there's nothing wrong with Discord either, but IRC is the gold standard for group text chat for a reason)

Stubbornness?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'd be willing to make one if there isn't one unless people hate the idea horribly for some reason.

EDIT: Yeah, you may know me as someone shilling Discord everywhere.

I think most LP groups (whether formal or loosely related) have their own at this point (and as mentioned the IRC exists) but I wouldn't say no to an unofficial server. It's not like anyone has to join if they don't want to.

TheMcD posted:

Root Double

Looks good. Now I'm debating whether I should power through the rest of the B route myself or just wait for you to get there in 6-12 months. :v:

Artix fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 3, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Artix posted:

I think most LP groups (whether formal or loosely related) have their own at this point (and as mentioned the IRC exists) but I wouldn't say no to an unofficial server. It's not like anyone has to join if they don't want to.

:agreed:

I think an unofficial SA-based Discord sever is a good idea on its head, because I know finding people on Discord can be a bit of a pain sometimes, and it could help people connect easier for guest commentary and whatnot. I just wonder if it will be a moderation nightmare?

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

I just wonder if it will be a moderation nightmare?

I gonna say, not really? Based on the two goon servers I'm on, everybody is pretty chill; so I assume it'd be no different for LP goons.

Edit: I also like the idea cause I'm a lonely LPer that ain't got no LP group to call home.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 3, 2016

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Bam.

SALT (Something Awful Let'sPlay Talk) has been created. You're welcome. Obviously, sensible folks who wanna be a mod, lemme know.

(I just couldn't resist keeping that as the acronym, tbqh :v: )

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Artix posted:

No really, what's the IRC? I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked that. :(

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Artix posted:

Looks good.

Alright, that's good enough for me, so the thread is now live.

Artix posted:

Now I'm debating whether I should power through the rest of the B route myself or just wait for you to get there in 6-12 months. :v:

That question I cannot answer for you - though yeah, it'll be quite some time until we get all the way to Route Before, especially since I'll be having the thread vote on SSS inputs, which adds an extra delay. I'm not sure I'm up for the longtime committment I've just invited upon myself, but if I managed to force myself through Antitribu Mod, I can do anything.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Okay, so I have a strange idea for an LP and I need a little feedback on the idea. Basically, I want to show off The Beginner's Guide - if you've never played it, it's basically a guided tour of a collection of small indie games, narrated by Davey Wreden (of The Stanley Parable fame). The catch is that because it's a "guided tour", Davey basically never shuts up, so voice commentary is basically out. But the game also has subtitles for Davey, subtitles for the assorted dialogue options that start showing up about halfway through, and adding a third set of subtitles (from me) would be basically unwatchable. Would it be a massive faux pas to post what basically amounts to a longplay before getting to the actual meat of the LP? The game isn't long, maybe 90 minutes or so, so it would only be like 5 videos at most, and it's kind of required reading for when we start going into the literary criticism part of the LP, because it does a ton of interesting things with Death of the Author and the separation between the Author and the Narrator. Or am I just totally overthinking this?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

No really, what's the IRC? I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked that. :(

I was going to say it's in the OP, but I guess it isn't this time around. It's #letsplay on irc.synirc.net but it's pretty quiet these days. Chances are the discord will be more lively.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Artix posted:

Okay, so I have a strange idea for an LP and I need a little feedback on the idea. Basically, I want to show off The Beginner's Guide - if you've never played it, it's basically a guided tour of a collection of small indie games, narrated by Davey Wreden (of The Stanley Parable fame). The catch is that because it's a "guided tour", Davey basically never shuts up, so voice commentary is basically out. But the game also has subtitles for Davey, subtitles for the assorted dialogue options that start showing up about halfway through, and adding a third set of subtitles (from me) would be basically unwatchable. Would it be a massive faux pas to post what basically amounts to a longplay before getting to the actual meat of the LP? The game isn't long, maybe 90 minutes or so, so it would only be like 5 videos at most, and it's kind of required reading for when we start going into the literary criticism part of the LP, because it does a ton of interesting things with Death of the Author and the separation between the Author and the Narrator. Or am I just totally overthinking this?

How are you going to present the LP part of the LP? Text? Video?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I was thinking that after getting through the "text" in and of itself, I would do videos where I mute Davey and do voice commentary over video the appropriate bits of the game. I was kicking it around with some folks on the SA discord, and we came up with a handful of theories worth going into, and obviously anything the thread comes up with might be worth taking a deeper look at.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Artix posted:

I was thinking that after getting through the "text" in and of itself, I would do videos where I mute Davey and do voice commentary over video the appropriate bits of the game. I was kicking it around with some folks on the SA discord, and we came up with a handful of theories worth going into, and obviously anything the thread comes up with might be worth taking a deeper look at.

I'd say a video is a good idea. Blind Sally started his Resistance 3 LP off with like a half hour video recapping both R1&2 and the ARG that went alongside 2 and examining the franchise in depth before even setting foot in R3, and it went over rather well from outward appearances.

So its not unheard of.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Artix posted:

That sounds good to me! Divvy it up so that someone who's already been through the text (i.e. me) can skip it and check out your LP stuff for new insight on the game, and for those who don't have it they can catch up with the class. I like it.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Polsy posted:

I was going to say it's in the OP, but I guess it isn't this time around. It's #letsplay on irc.synirc.net but it's pretty quiet these days. Chances are the discord will be more lively.

Awesome, thanks!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

JamieTheD posted:

Bam.

SALT (Something Awful Let'sPlay Talk) has been created. You're welcome. Obviously, sensible folks who wanna be a mod, lemme know.

(I just couldn't resist keeping that as the acronym, tbqh :v: )

Maybe one of you sweet mods should add this to the op!

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Test Post Time!

Don't Miss the Forest for the Mana Trees, Let's Co-op Play Secret of Mana Quasi Blind!

Secret of Mana?

Secret of Mana is a Squaresoft game released in 1993 after its original development had to be halted because the system it was intended to be for- the Nintendo Playstation- was cancelled. Specifically, it was one half of a game that was to be developed as a release title for the machine. The other half became Crono Trigger.
The game is also the second in the Seiken Densetsu or Mana series of adventure games, the first being released for Gameboy, and known as Final Fantasy Adventure in the states. It's a gorgeous game with a pretty good plot, somewhat hampered by hardware limitations meaning the translation was seriously reduced in content and detail. Such was the way of things in the early 90s. The basic premise is that you're a young boy who finds a sword, gets thrown in on an adventure, and has to save the world. It's more complicated, but no need to get into just yet.

This Commercial is a pretty good example of the 90s too

Quasi-Blind? Co-Op

So, one of the niftiest things about this game is that it supports up to three player simultaneous play. I'm playing the game with my good friend QB, who never got to play it growing up, and I we are keeping her blind on most plot details until they come up. I have played the game before, a few times, but my last full playthrough was around a decade ago, and I'm not checking guides for directions, enemy stats, or anything. I'm going purely on memory. Sort of the one eyed man leading the blind.

So what are we in for?

QB and I are playing the game together, and recording our commentary as we play. I'm going to split our recordings up as naturally as I can into digestible videos for your enjoyment. We might get a third person in later to play, but that's up in the air.

Spoilers

I know the plot, and QB doesn't check SA, but please put spoilers behind tags in case I decide to show her the thread. You can also freely discuss the rest of the series without tags, just leave upcoming plot/ boss details in the tags for now.

Schedule

We're going through the game at a fairly brisk pace- we're through Undine's trial as of this post- and I'll try and post updates twice a week. That might go up or down depending on job schedules.

Important Characters

The Boy, AKA Randi- This dude is the main character, he fights with a sword to start. As main character, he just gets weapons. That's it. But his physical stats make him a tank and he gets weapon experience super quickly. QB is going to be manning him for the game unless circumstances arise such that the boy isn't available in combat, due to being dead or what not.

I'll add more here as episodes go on.

Playlist
Episode 00- The Opening

Episode 01- None of the Work, All of the Credit

Ryushikaze fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 5, 2016

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'm planning a 4x SSLP with some voting. Posts 1-4 are just dummy posts, they won't be used in the actual LP, but I will be using the OP. The pictures used in posts 1-4 are therefore not edited in any way, since they were just intended as placeholder.

OP

First post

Second post

Third post

Fourth post

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Ryushikaze posted:

Don't Miss the Forest for the Mana Trees, Let's Co-op Play Secret of Mana Quasi Blind!

I guess your mic recording could be better but it's clear enough. I think the game audio is too loud, though. It's more obvious in the village and during the boss fight, the percussion is pretty sharp.

Seems fine to me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

tiistai posted:

I guess your mic recording could be better but it's clear enough. I think the game audio is too loud, though. It's more obvious in the village and during the boss fight, the percussion is pretty sharp.

Seems fine to me otherwise.

Thanks. I'm aware of the level issue in this first recording, but was unable to do much about it. I overcompensated in the second one, but figured out a happy medium in the third, I think.