Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I've decided to just replay the game from scratch, but this time I'm limiting myself to no gang/police calls, no dropping explosives from RC, and only using RC when I absolutely have to. It's a nice change to actually use cameras for stuff instead of just flying the quad everywhere, and actually stealthing instead of just having the cops kill/arrest everyone in the area.

Snuffman posted:

Is this a new DLC thing? Cause I'm slowly playing through this for the first time and it hasn't come up in any of the invasions I've initiated. Maybe I'm just lucky? :shrug:

Nope, the "YourBoySerge" Sniper is base game, but I have to admit I'm not seeing it as much now. Guess those first few invasions when I picked the game up again were outliers or something.

But yeah, one hit from that thing disables any vehicle if you have Keen Eye researched.

Icedude fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Pretty sure I'm getting close to the end, judging on how the cutscenes are going I'm storming Tidus, the robot company, and that's the only available Op I have outside of online only ones.

Question:

I didn't realize research points would run out, or rather, that once I hit a certain amount of followers I wouldn't get any more "free" points. I assume any remaining skills have to be bought with points found in the game world. I have the 2 final tier combat skills and botnet saving car-mod, remaining, fortunately, so its not that big of a deal.

Someone mentioned a car provided by the DLC that helps with research point detection? Which car? I got the season pass and I've completed all the DLC ops.

Or am I just going to have to drive around, sending my drone out looking for swirling blue in the distance?

EDIT: Found it, the Cop van can turn on hackview while driving. That makes things easier! I'm actually quite amazed at how many research points I missed.

Unrelated, I liked how the DLC was actually gated by the story somewhat, rather than being all available all the time. Its refreshing to have DLC, particularly in an Ubisoft game, that's actually integrated nicely and in a way that doesn't make it feel like it was cut content.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 15, 2017

• Locked thread