Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yo joe vs Nakamura rules and I never got the criticism of Nakamura for not giving his all every single match. He has a long history of injuries and is starting to get older. It only makes sense for him save his best poo poo for his big matches. He has charisma for days and can get away with it. Ziggler doesn't have much charisma so he has to over compensate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Basically what I'm saying here is, Brock is Raw and Samoa Joe is SmackDown Live.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And I like Joe a lot but I kinda hate his top heel persona. It's very Brock, and everyone knows how I feel about Brock.

Shut up SamuraiFoochs

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I don't know what the gently caress they are thinking. Their entire singles division is heels, heels and more heels, how the gently caress are they going to put the belt on Joe and beat Dillinger in the same night? I don't know how long Aries is going to be out with his eye, but there's still Strong, EY, Roode, Almas, and now Samson. All they've got on the good guy bench now that Tye has taken a decisive loss is Jose, and Jose does not have the momentum for a Main Event push right now. Are we really going to just be all Nakamura until the next Takeover? I don't care how much you like Nakamura, he can't be the only singles babyface on the show.

It really is Balor/Joe all over again. Man that really spoiled the match for me. I can't even appreciate what a good finish it was because the implications of the finish stretch out for like two or three months and all blow.

At least the Tag Division is looking good with DIY on top. Sanity and the Authors could both be great opponents for them. Hopefully Revival will get their rematch done and then go up to the big time so that can play out. TM61 is struggling, but with fresh face champs and those two new huge dudes already clicking, its less of a problem and they can take some time to try and fix it, especially if the Bollywood Boys are going to hang around as well.

I think the women are going to be fine too. I think they've been doing a good enough job of lying the groundwork so the aussies, Aliyah, Nikki Cross, Ember and Liv will soon emerge a fully-fledged division. Most of them are still green, but half the time people say they want to see green people developing rather than fully polished indy stars showing off, so I refuse to hold that against them, and Asuka has had her aura of invulnerability punctured a bit, which will help them. I could see Ember and Nikki both as viable contenders for her now, and they can anchor the division while the other four grow if Asuka needs to be called up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The_Rob posted:

Yo joe vs Nakamura rules and I never got the criticism of Nakamura for not giving his all every single match.

I've only ever actually heard (and I wholeheartedly agree with!) people praising Nakamura for wisely doing as little as possible while still remaining at maximum overness - he figured out immediately upon arrival on what he needed to do to get over and he does what he can to limit pushing his body too hard in order to extend his career.

I mean I don't think there is any doubt he's the most over guy in NXT, dude knows what he is doing.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Holy loving poo poo The Revival vs DIY was amazing. I haven't seen anything less than a fantastic match with The Revival in it in an entire year. Goddamn they're good. Best tag team on earth.

The opener was a lot of fun. The main event was also really good and with the surprise ending I'm not sure what it means for the future. I was hoping to see Joe on the main roster killing dudes.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Beyond the fact that they'll continue to tour on Joe / Nak, the low blow is their in for another rematch.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I feel like the card was so expertly done. Like it was extremely well paced for a wrestling show. Every match was put where it should have been.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Shut up SamuraiFoochs

No. And I told you to shut up because I'm pretty sure you unironically support Donald Trump which makes me loathe you, not so much for your bad wrestling opinions.

I guess the Brock comparison was spurious but I hate Joe's promos, and I can't put my finger on why. He's this bizarre amalgam of monster heel and whiny heel. Like he doesn't just wreck poo poo when he's mad, he honestly :qq:s at times and it's effective heeling, it just doesn't land great for me.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

i would immediately assume raw because new day needs fresh opponents

Sheamus and Cesaro won their match at HIAC by DQ. I'm 100% certain they'll get a rematch at Roadblock where TND will lose the titles. If so, they'll lose the rematch at the Rumble, and in an ideal world Kofi will either win the Rumble or win a match for a UC shot at Wrestlemania.

e:

Sanguinia posted:

All they've got on the good guy bench now that Tye has taken a decisive loss is Jose, and Jose does not have the momentum for a Main Event push right now. Are we really going to just be all Nakamura until the next Takeover? I don't care how much you like Nakamura, he can't be the only singles babyface on the show.

Swann I guess? Itami when he comes back? Yeah, I agree with you here.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 20, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I really really hope The Revival & DIY end up like Owens on the main roster, and not like most the NXT call ups. They're all great and deserve lots of fame and money.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I get the feeling that HHH is really really into The Revival so I can see them doing well.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No. And I told you to shut up because I'm pretty sure you unironically support Donald Trump which makes me loathe you, not so much for your bad wrestling opinions.

nice meltdown

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/800176827595526144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Someone inform me what's impressive about this suplex, please.
Does Joe have a unique hold on him to grip or something? It seems unimpressive otherwise.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Does Joe have a unique hold on him to grip or something? It seems unimpressive otherwise.

I think that he did 3 suplex variations on that sequence, looked pretty cool.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

It was a chimera plex. Named after the mythical beast with the body of a dragon and the head of a German, wearing a straight jacket.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Oh so you're able to do this to a 230 lb man with ease? Why aren't you in wwe right now?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Rob posted:

Oh so you're able to do this to a 230 lb man with ease? Why aren't you in wwe right now?

Adam Cole does it better

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He is pinning Shinsukes arms to his sides limiting his ability kick out

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm even more confused then because it was pretty even

I thought it was like 70% Joe.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoWzjGL5GOE

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

oatgan posted:

He is pinning Shinsukes arms to his sides limiting his ability kick out

Right, now I see why they gif'd it.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I think that he did 3 suplex variations on that sequence, looked pretty cool.

Not sure why they cut it before the other two then.

The_Rob posted:

This aint striking the point I was making nor a good point to make. It's not visually impressive for wrestling based on the things we see wrestlers do sometimes for people who don't know the move.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

This aint striking the point I was making nor a good point to make. It's not visually impressive for wrestling based on the things we see wrestlers do sometimes for people who don't know the move.

It's a moment from the match. It's not necessarily the biggest moment. Also straight-jacket suplexes are cool. I don't know what IS your point here and it's probably not worth this extended discussion, with all due respect.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nakamura is smart for not doing max effort for wednesday NXT poo poo, it's not like anyone even on this board gives a gently caress about nxt weekly shows anyway. his PPV matches with Zayn/Balor/Joe have all been at the very least fantastic.

Samoa Joe is having a loving ridiculous year given how he came out of the hell that was TNA looking bad and completely revitalized himself and the title picture. I badly want him to come to SD and face AJ, idk how that would make sense but I don't care. No idea who they can build up to beat him though, given lack of faces.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Only complaint I have about the show was I really didn't want Nakamura/Joe to be 9 months like Finn/Joe was 9 months, but yeah it looks like it's probably going to another Takeover

Hopefully someday they have the guts to end with a tag match, because goddamn if that 2 out of 3 falls match wouldn't have been an amazing end to the show

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Right, now I see why they gif'd it.

Not sure why they cut it before the other two then.

Maybe pay attention to what he is doing? What exactly do you want? Do you want him to say ok guys I'm changing my hold on him right before he does it? He goes from a normal German to a dragon suplex to a straight jacket suplex. What exactly do you need explained to you?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That sequence looked brutal. Give me that over flippy stuff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If you don't think three different kinds of suplexes in a row just loving rules, then I dunno what to tell you.

Suplex City has made the suplex in general a lot lamer and less special, but that was still awesome because it looked great and was treated as a big deal.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

DoctorGonzo posted:

That sequence looked brutal. Give me that over flippy stuff.

As someone who really likes the flippy poo poo, I did love that suplex sequence. Graves may have helped with that.

Does Corey Graves' hair height increase his announcing quality? Does it just help that he has good matches to comment on for the NXT specials?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The_Rob posted:

Maybe pay attention to what he is doing? What exactly do you want? Do you want him to say ok guys I'm changing my hold on him right before he does it? He goes from a normal German to a dragon suplex to a straight jacket suplex. What exactly do you need explained to you?

Nowt, 'cos I was wondering the significance and it was already explained.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Only complaint I have about the show was I really didn't want Nakamura/Joe to be 9 months like Finn/Joe was 9 months, but yeah it looks like it's probably going to another Takeover

Hopefully someday they have the guts to end with a tag match, because goddamn if that 2 out of 3 falls match wouldn't have been an amazing end to the show

I can see them doing Joe/Shinsuke again in January, then bringing Joe up at the Rumble the next night, followed by Roode taking the belt in April, and Nakamura coming up at the Monday or Tuesday show.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

achillesforever6 posted:

MRT is the one who started it 3 years ago so its hardly a new take; a little justified imo because Nakamura does phone it in a lot in non important matches.
Probably because he's been wrestling 14 years, is almost 40, and has competed in the stiffest region for all of his career so he's a bit iffy about exposing his body to injuries when he doesn't need to at the end of his career.

Just look at KENTA for comparison, he's been wrestling a year or two longer, he's a year younger, and his body is made out of glass. Even if none of the injuries are his fault and total freak accidents he's still gotten a ton of time chipped off his career from house show matches.

When you ooze charisma like Nakamura and your entrance theme is more over than anyone else on the roster why would you ever risk it

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
This was a pretty medium show overall.

The tagtitle match was amazing (obviously) and the main event was good.

The Dusty Classic final had some serious structuring and pacing problems which is impressive for such a short match. Whoever agented that match should be ashamed of themselves.

Having Roode go over Tye Dillinger made absolutely no sense at all. Roode doesn't need the win at all. If they're in any way serious about making Tye Dillinger anything other than a jobber he needs to get a big win.

The womens match was alright, at least Asuka tried to sell a little bit for Mickie James but realistically there was no way that Asuka was ever losing that match since I doubt Mickie wants to go back to a full time schedule.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I agree that Dillinger should have won. They need more strong faces on NXT and Roode does not need to be undefeated.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

MrBling posted:

Having Roode go over Tye Dillinger made absolutely no sense at all. Roode doesn't need the win at all. If they're in any way serious about making Tye Dillinger anything other than a jobber he needs to get a big win.

I have bad news for you

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Eltoasto posted:

I don't know, Meltzer has always said that they view Asuka as NXT only.
If that's the case, and things can change certainly, you could have Ember build up and lose to her before being promoted. It will be interesting to see what they do because they still don't really have a midcard for the NXT women since the callups. The Aussie women are sort of there but probably need more time.

???What? So there's no chance of her being called up to the main roster?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

She would be fine on Smackdown but imagine her being stuck on RAW and trying to sell those god-awful feuds and writing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Not everybody can or will be called up until they absolutely have people able to replace them, especially with NXT touring. You need names to sell, and otherwise you'd be down to relying on Eric Young to sell tickets for house shows and Takeovers

Bayley wasn't even called up until Asuka was definitely there and built up, for reference

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I'm not really interested in seeing Asuka on the main roster doing anything other than annihilating everyone and somehow unifying all three belts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

A lot of NXT's recent problems stem from the topcard cull that comes from being developmental (and this applies to the writers too). The revival should be the only people going up in the near future, as the tag division is the only one that's been slightly built back up since the brand split induced strip mining, and in the Revival's particular case they've had two solid reigns on top already and don't need anymore refining. With DIY, Sanity, AoP &TM61 you have a decent base for a division, whereas without Nakamura or Asuka and their immediate contenders, there's only really 1 person in each singles division approaching ready for a title challenge push (Roode, Ember (barely))

• Locked thread