Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You know, I suddenly realize why they decided to copy real-world guns for Legendary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Maybe it's like the Boberg XR9-S where it has a claw that grabs the rounds and pulls them backwards and up into the chamber.

Also the sights are the size of 1950s Cadillac fins and are going to snag on everything.

Fake edit: Wait look at the loving upside-down trigger

Apparently, German pistol design is not, in fact, the best in the world.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chiasaur11 posted:

Apparently, German pistol design is not, in fact, the best in the world.

Future-Past Nazi Germany Pistol Design!

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

.. Why does the top five stories of the Chrysler building (in the first episode, in the floating Garand clip screenie) look as big as the three story drs office it landed on?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

The gun sounds would have been a lot better if they didn't blow out the crappy mic they apparently used to record the sound effects.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I just realized that the fact that their not-yamato isn't a model of the yamato without the things that would identify it as a japanese ship but rather a faithful recreation of it that is selectively photoshopped to not look japanese(when they remember it), it is most likely a stolen art asset. I wonder how often the game does that in general but with less noticeable objects.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So is this one of those games where you can't reload the Garand mid-magazine and have to shoot it until it's dry? I can see this game being lazy enough that you just slam another clip in on top of the one already in there if you reload mid-magazine.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

So is this one of those games where you can't reload the Garand mid-magazine and have to shoot it until it's dry?

Yup!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Bonus Episode 01: The Art Of War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0uSZSBf3To
Bonus Episode 01: The Art Of War

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Given that they flopped everywhere else, it only seems fitting that they wouldn't manage to show off their art properly.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Episode 03: London Calling To The Underworld
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6EBsKNt-10
Episode 03: London Calling To The Underworld with guest co-commentators Lunethex and nine-gear crow!

No more updates until after X-Mas, hope everyone has a great time over the holidays!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Congratulations on a fantastic LP, Jobbo! Well done.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I knew there was a reason it took you so long to gimme my audio back! :argh:

Kobbo_Fett
Dec 5, 2016

Boba? Never heard of 'im.
I knew there was a reason it took you so long to gimme my audio back! :argh:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

for gently caress's sake

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012
I just noticed the music for this game. Was it just me or are they just trying to ape the music from Medal of Honor? Wait they are. They just got the composer for MoH: Frontline and made him do it again.

LordGugs fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 22, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LordGugs posted:

I just noticed the music for this game. Was it just me or are they just trying to ape the music from Medal of Honor? Wait they are. They just got the composer for MoH: Frontline and made him do it again.

The design seems like a complete aping of Frontline done poorly.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
how in God's name did they justify charging $60 for this? It's worse than Colonial Marines!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Was that seriously it??? WAS THAT SERIOUSLY ALL THERE WAS?!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Zain posted:

Yup! Pretty great huh?:v:

And I paid full price for it, on release.:suicide:

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 22, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

HannibalBarca posted:

how in God's name did they justify charging $60 for this? It's worse than Colonial Marines!

Zain posted:

These were exactly what I wanted for Christmas, and exactly why I didn't wait until then to release the episode :allears:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
This game will never be Freedom Fighters, but cannot ever be worse than its lovely spiritual successor, Homefront. Its kind of adorable looking at this game and seeing that's its just boring these days instead of monumentally terrible.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So the game just hits a few climaxes then ends with a heroic sacrifice from the characterization less protagonist?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

White Coke posted:

So the game just hits a few climaxes then ends with a heroic sacrifice from the characterization less protagonist?

Uh... climaxes?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UgNndE2Pfo

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Uh... climaxes?

Escaping from New York. Assassinating the collaborationist President. Sabotaging the Nazi nuclear program. Any of those things would be an important climax in a game's story, with a lot of build up just to be able to attempt to do them.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

White Coke posted:

Escaping from New York. Assassinating the collaborationist President. Sabotaging the Nazi nuclear program. Any of those things would be an important climax in a game's story, with a lot of build up just to be able to attempt to do them.

Yeah, its just that all three are giant, wet farts, if even that.

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty is the most disappointing thing since my son...

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
You just put more effort into the game than the creators did.

Also, :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

lmao, just lmao

It's beautiful how this poo poo-stew comes full circle. The game constantly keeps adding another shovel of terrible and then goes out like that. It's fuckin art I tell you

Condolences to the full price buyers though that must have sucked real hard

• Locked thread