Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
IIRC Mindgate went rogue and formed the Movement and Scryer and Sarah are "loyal". Think Metal Gear Solid 1; I'm fairly sure whoever committed this plot did.
As for the situational blindness, I've said a bit further above - the plot doesn't make sense whether the disguise works or not. It gets even sillier once you realize the General trained Nick and Barrett was (IIRC) his partner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Jessica Jones is a good show, can confirm

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The Holy Wiffle Baffles of Jagellion IX!?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was going to say that the main villain concept art made him look way more like Cable than David Bowie, down to the eye scarring.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game was never about balance. Some sniper rifles with a few shots and serves only to make things harder for yourself. Resorting to limited items in order to continue using the gimmick the game was created around. Fail states galore. The game still somehow has better gameplay over Second Sight.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Sniper Elite V2 and Sniper Elite 3 also let you blow up enemies by shooting their grenades. Putting Sniper Elite's X-Ray cam and Psi-ops's mind-powered dickery in the same game could only be justified by making the enemies Double Nazis.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
...Or the Red Army.

I'd play the hell out of that game, really. We're kind of short on creative mass murder simulators right now.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So the next level i think is where the game starts to get very fun since you have so much in the way of variety of powers at your disposal that you can basically handle a situation in anyway you want.

A shame it's got probably the worst boss in the game in it :( and then after that is the level that made me quit the game so i'm looking foward to seeing past that!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So the next level i think is where the game starts to get very fun since you have so much in the way of variety of powers at your disposal that you can basically handle a situation in anyway you want.

A shame it's got probably the worst boss in the game in it :( and then after that is the level that made me quit the game so i'm looking foward to seeing past that!

If anything, Fiendly's Body Harvest LP has taught us that he's a sucker for games that make you stop playing them

Speaking of which, how's that going, Fiendly?

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Dr.Smasher posted:

If anything, Fiendly's Body Harvest LP has taught us that he's a sucker for games that make you stop playing them

Speaking of which, how's that going, Fiendly?

Well, that LP went profoundly terribly, but it may make it to its ignominious conclusion in the relatively near future. Or not, haven't decided yet.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Fiendly posted:

Well, that LP went profoundly terribly, but it may make it to its ignominious conclusion in the relatively near future. Or not, haven't decided yet.

I've enjoyed it, if that helps you power through whatever garbage awaits in the endgame. And I'm sure it's garbage.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Seriously one of the best videos.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Zain posted:

Seriously one of the best videos.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
After this latest episode, the similarities between this and Gemini: Heroes Reborn are even more obvious.

http://i.imgur.com/EHrBZk6.webm

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The Men Who Stare At Goats is also a pretty great book.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

anilEhilated posted:

The Men Who Stare At Goats is also a pretty great book.

I'll need to read it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I forgot how half his attacks can kill you in one hit. Made the battle less than enjoyable.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Eh, at least all of his moves can be dodged. There will be less fair fights in the future.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It seems the bosses follow the rules from the Flash TV show - they can beat anyone so long as they don't forget what they can do.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Bonus video - Seven side quests for some unique new heroes and a nostalgia trip for me and Zain.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I never heard of these old bands before. What happened to Cold after this game?

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Scalding Coffee posted:

I never heard of these old bands before. What happened to Cold after this game?

Two albums, a break up and reunion, and just twenty days ago, a return to the recording studio for another album!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
drat. I only heard bad things about it.
I guess there will never be a sequel to this game?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Looking into Stargate Project, I'd actually like a sort of mock XCOM/Psi-ops game where you're pulled into a Men Who Stare At Goats like operation where you desperately try to stay afloat by trying to prove that psychics or the paranormal not only exist, but can be used by the government. No matter how terrible your results are or how much you lie through your teeth, whether you have any psychic power or not, you gotta continue on with the mission, Star Child. Go on a variety of operations, either trying to desperately train up abilities or gain information even with weak rear end spoon bending -- or at least fake it well enough to make the enemy believe it. Leverage intelligence and contacts in and outside of the US to buy favors or gain Intel on potential useful phenomena -- or at least black mail some senators, other branches of the military, the vast intelligence networks of the world or even the President himself to stay in business. And who knows, maybe you're actually not full of poo poo and this crap is real! We all pray to God you know what you're doing, Commander!

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 2, 2017

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
...Aand this is where the game starts getting gloriously dumb. Gameplay will go downhill from here but the story just keeps on giving.
The MP-3s aren't actually that bad, they serve to mix up the combat a fair bit and they're still very vulnerable to Scryer's mightiest ally, the thrown box. They do make fighting a lot harder but they mix it up nicely, for once you need to actually use objects as opposed to throwing people at people.

e: Any kind of decapitation works on the zombies. Using the shotgun is probably the easiest way to do this.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 10, 2017

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Still watching early vids, loved this game as a teen when it came out, but lost my save and gave up.

It's so god drat hosed up to watch you murder dozens of people in training.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

If there's something strange / in your neighbourhood / Who you gonna call; / Nick Scryer?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Calling it now, the end twist is going to be that you're a clone of the General. It's just hackneyed enough, and just mindbendingly ridiculous enough that I think they'd jump on it.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Eh, we just got told WW1 and Hitler were caused by artifacts from the moon (nevermind how they got down to Earth). I think that's too tame.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You can use Mind control on MP3s, as long as they're not aware of you. I do remember that much.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am pretty sure the big bomb that Barret drops in front of the door, is an instant kill.
I somehow managed to avoid making that boss fight easy on myself by shooting everything.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

anilEhilated posted:

...Aand this is where the game starts getting gloriously dumb. Gameplay will go downhill from here but the story just keeps on giving.

This is the point where any rational person playing the game should put the controller down and watch the rest on Youtube.

But throwing marble spheres down a hallway to crush guards is still such an uncommon experience in video games. :margeball:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You do miss out on the proper moment where you should put down the controller.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Nick seems absolutely furious at the idea that he can't kill something he has pointed a gun to.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Wait a minute, this game wasn't just a fever dream I once had? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think you did way more property damage than that just during the boss fight. The only thing missing in this video, is lava in every room. Everything was about catching fire and I don't know any scientist who would want to work in a ring of fiery death.

• Locked thread