Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I swear I've seen grounded US outlets that are gated the same way as everyone's talking about, did I just dream this?

Also I'd love to sheath my own plugs, is this just a heatshrink thing? I seen precious little online about doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I have a bunch of decorative pins, but I'm not the kind who wears those or has somewhere to put them. I want to get some replacement pinbacks (or whatever you call them) that have magnets and can stick them to the fridge. Has anyone got any idea how to find something like that?? It feels like it HAS to exist, especially on ali

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

It's cute, and it looks good, but the dimensions are a bit off and, yeah, it's real heavy.

Arrived fully charged according to the display. I'll try using it this weekend.

I'll be honest, it's not as oversized as I was expecting. Looks about as large as they could make it still fit in a cassette case. Does it come with a case like the picture?

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I have an IKEA bluetooth speaker that was $15 and is perfectly acceptable.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

hark posted:

anyone ever got fake bearings before?

holy poo poo that rules

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I've always dreamed of someone making and selling a replacement bluetooth speaker control board, with reasonable and good sounds and perhaps some extra features. God knows there's enough cruddy speakers around with those annoying choices programmed in

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

While we're on knife talk, what do people think of those pocket knives that use scalpel blades? I've seen plenty of those listed, but never looked for the blades for sale. The premise makes sense to me, being able to replace rather than sharpen some unknown quality crap steel.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What's the advantage compared to a snap-off?

They tend to be more pocketknife shaped, folding, small things compared to a snap off box cutter.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMLoEqG probably I'll just order this or something similar come payday.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Best post in this thread, no contest. An AliExpress purchase to celebrate the power of friendship??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Did this thread come up with a consensus on the right bluetooth label maker to get? Getting the garage organized after a move this month and really jonesing for one.