Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I can’t believe Tiger Niko tortured Kazuo Yamashita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

At this point it isn't any specific plot, it's just that the whole thing has become overwhelmingly mediocre. I'm not sure what happened. Honestly it's been that way since the Purgatory tournament. I remember round after round of being like "ok they've been jobbing to play with our expectations but HERE COMES PURGATORY!" and out of that we got Lu Tian and Yumigahama. Arashiyama and Donaire are cool but that whole arc was a letdown and everything since has just kept layering on the bullshit.

Ashura is peak punchman shonen and Omega was feeling pretty good up until the tournament, but it's like I gradually watched the soul leave this manga's body. I won't drag out the negative posting but the downturn has been remarkable

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The faces this chapter felt pretty wonky

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tosk posted:

At this point it isn't any specific plot, it's just that the whole thing has become overwhelmingly mediocre. I'm not sure what happened. Honestly it's been that way since the Purgatory tournament. I remember round after round of being like "ok they've been jobbing to play with our expectations but HERE COMES PURGATORY!" and out of that we got Lu Tian and Yumigahama. Arashiyama and Donaire are cool but that whole arc was a letdown and everything since has just kept layering on the bullshit.

Ashura is peak punchman shonen and Omega was feeling pretty good up until the tournament, but it's like I gradually watched the soul leave this manga's body. I won't drag out the negative posting but the downturn has been remarkable

The problem is that the Purgatory characters were all one and done. If they lose their fight they basically don't get to stick around anymore. That and the fact that they might be Worms means we barely hang out with any of these people. Does Toa Mudo also explode out of every shirt he tries to wear? We'll never know.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This fight is pretty fun and I don't ask more from Omega.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
That new move is straight out of Baki, and the choreography is fine, so it's a fine chapter. Just don't feel like this fight will have a good/meaningful conclusion though.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Hopefully Akoya gets taken out in an extremely patronizing fashion I’m sick of that guy

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Akoya's threat factor has been dropping pretty steadily over the course of Omega, and he immediately set himself up for a good worfing with his even betterer armor that can't be broke that instantly got broke. Vigilante crew sans Ryuki going bust here.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

This week's chapter wasn't bad

Kiryu obviously is most likely alive but the flow of the fight was pretty interesting. Had to glance a second time to see if it was Niko or Kiryu thinking "I have to kill him, no matter what...", it felt like it could have conceivably been part of the internal monologue for either character.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wasn't expecting Tiger to struggle that badly against Setsuna.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Plutonis posted:

Wasn't expecting Tiger to struggle that badly against Setsuna.

Well, he did underestimate him.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Tiger Niko pulling out another clutch crazy face at the last moment. The man simply has no need for the worm’s employee plastic surgery benefits

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
was kind of hoping setsuna poisoned him

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Loved Tiger Niko's look when he used Advance. Laughing at Akoya getting wrecked off screen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I quite enjoyed the ending to this one

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/DqbPqe/chapter-245/

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Holy poo poo, is this the first time using a modern weapon actually worked in this series? I'm legit shocked.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Not really it if was just for a distraction like a glorified smokebomb

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm shocked that Setsuna made it.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
time to add suitless Akoya with a hand grenade to the tier list

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's not that I'm rooting for Akoya, but I am rooting against the Wu clan

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Akoya is back?!

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

It's not that I'm rooting for Akoya, but I am rooting against the Wu clan

A most noble sentiment.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Akoya is back?!

bro feeling too JUSTICE to die

that shot of him bursting through the doors shocking gilbert and niko made me laugh so hard lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i assume longer term there'll be a rematch between the 2 and akoya will have realised the suit was slowing him down/making him take more risks leading to him getting clowned on. Alternatively he realises the best way to execute justice is with a gun

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

i assume longer term there'll be a rematch between the 2 and akoya will have realised the suit was slowing him down/making him take more risks leading to him getting clowned on. Alternatively he realises the best way to execute justice is with a gun

Either that or he decides that the solution is to let explosions fight his battles for him and he just sets up a lot of traps riddled with C4 and claymores.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 17, 2024

Char
Jan 5, 2013
For all the poo poo Kengan Omega usually gets, it seems fair to admit I'm enjoying it lately

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Jose posted:

Alternatively he realises the best way to execute justice is with a gun

He tried using a gun against the Wus and got kicked in the head and disarmed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Warden posted:

He tried using a gun against the Wus and got kicked in the head and disarmed.

He just needs a gunther herman style skull gun

considering these are all "clones" of eddie they're pretty loving poo poo Wu's. It took like half the main Kure's and the main Wu clan head to kill him. Alan got wrecked etc

Jose fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 17, 2024

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i loved it when edward did that big "wu secret art" and raian just tanks it and slugs him in the face

westward faction cloning a real winner here

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
he lost because he was too strong, so I think the solution there was to start cloning Darryl "Crybaby" Wu

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Either that or he decides that the solution is to let explosions fight his battles for him and he just sets up a lot of traps riddled with C4 and claymores.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Jose posted:

He just needs a gunther herman style skull gun

considering these are all "clones" of eddie they're pretty loving poo poo Wu's. It took like half the main Kure's and the main Wu clan head to kill him. Alan got wrecked etc

They aren't all clones of Eddie, just Gilbert.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 246.

Been a long time since we saw insurance lady. Looks like Willem got clicked good. Tiger Niko has some burns too? Well done butt grenade.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
RIP Gilbert's hoodie

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Really not a smart idea to potentially reveal that one of the few remaining plot points has been a red herring the entire time. I can only hope this Tiger Vessel thing gets clarified or the entire clone saga might be an even bigger waste of time than it already has been.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I didn't realize that Sandrovich started another series in 2023, Isshou Senkin. It's pretty good and maybe its existence helps explain why Omega is such loving garbage. I feel like I remember at some time seeing a post on Reddit or somewhere mentioning Daromeon or Sandrovich were burnt out or didn't care as much about Kengan.

Does Sandrovich contribute to the art though? I think Isshou Senkin is drawn by someone else but the art style, while distinct, is very similar.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

if that's STAR, yeah it loving rules so far and convinced me that keeping things generally lower stakes was the move, rip koga's journey

the choreography is really just so notably better, it's wild

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Tosk posted:

I didn't realize that Sandrovich started another series in 2023, Isshou Senkin. It's pretty good and maybe its existence helps explain why Omega is such loving garbage. I feel like I remember at some time seeing a post on Reddit or somewhere mentioning Daromeon or Sandrovich were burnt out or didn't care as much about Kengan.

Does Sandrovich contribute to the art though? I think Isshou Senkin is drawn by someone else but the art style, while distinct, is very similar.

Daromeon has been using AI art for a while, I don’t think he cares either at this point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tosk posted:

he did/does the storyboarding for Kengan its mentioned in the notes of one of the volumes

cisneros posted:

Daromeon has been using AI art for a while, I don’t think he cares either at this point

he has?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Jose posted:

he did/does the storyboarding for Kengan its mentioned in the notes of one of the volumes

he has?

Oh, I checked and it seems to be just for background things mostly https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1752519371854074307/