Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I see the argument for not bringing Jurota being he's probably not comfortable with an actual life-or-death battle and the three people assembled are vastly more used to this. Even Agito since he not only survived a hellish training experience, but before the kengan association reformed things he himself had a % chance to deliver a finishing blow to his opponents even after downing them. These guys are the killers but someone like Jurota is an Athlete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Tiger Niko taking over the worm through coincidence of everyone else dying here would be funny

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Agito also probably volunteered too since he has a personal hatred of the worm

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Should've also brought the doctor along to hang around by the door watching everything with a grenade in his hand.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly that's a great point. Why the hell isn't the Doctor there? There is no throng of super important businessmen around as hostages, his virus payload is something that could be conceivably used in this situation. He is even a government agent and it was a faction in the government who organized the hit. If I had any trust in Sandro's writing left, I would have said that it's possible that he is hanging around and ready to butt in once Kuroki begins losing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

never trust a man with a moustache

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/ebVNBe/chapter-239/

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Jose posted:

never trust a man with a moustache

:hmmyes:

If there is one universal constant, it's that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Two guys fighting with knives is going to be a shitshow of a fight given Kengan standards.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I do hope the reasoning behind the betrayal is "the man beat me within an inch of my life for something that wasn't even my fault, gently caress this guy"

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Arent they not clones of each other? Ryuki is the only actual clone of Shen Wulong

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kuroki single-handedly saving this arc

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
So someone finally just out right says it. Ohma mentions he didn't sense any malice from the Connector, but Mustache seems like a bad guy. Shen isn't very villainous for the main antagonist this arc. He's pretty calm and laid back for a guy this murderous, bloodthirsty terrorist organization somehow needs protect the world from. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of all this he's back in part 3 in the stands with his drinking buddy or guest announcing.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lol I guess that was a good way to end the fight early I guess.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, that was kinda hilarious. Both in the way it resolved and in how much of an outrageous blue-balling that resolution was. I guess the main purpose was to showcase that there are still some people that can somewhat fight against the Connector. And of course to show how much of a turncoat mustache Ohma is. Although I suspect he is more of a Hayami then Metsudo.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

ah thank god, it ended exactly how I wanted it to.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Agito and the head forgot they were supposed to fight.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

the political figures cowering in fear like that have left me uncertain if at this point Sandrovich is deliberately making this a meme that Shen is calm Yujiro

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I 100% agree with whichever politician said "gently caress this tournament nonsense just kill the guy" although it's pretty obvious the story is going to disagree that this is objectively the correct move to make. Only better move would be hiring a sniper because there are plenty of windows right there.
I hate this idea that one guy is so powerful he rivals a modern military. Turn Shen into swiss cheese you have a room full of guys with guns. Worry about the remaining worms later

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hate this idea that one guy is so powerful he rivals a modern military. Turn Shen into swiss cheese you have a room full of guys with guns. Worry about the remaining worms later

https://i.imgur.com/Ez0Ni5o.mp4

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm rooting for niko

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Cool to see some personality for Tiger Niko, and considering his opponents, yeah I'm gonna root for him too .I do hope he shows us a different Niko style though

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
He’s been hanging out with Edward for too long

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scallop Eyes posted:

Cool to see some personality for Tiger Niko, and considering his opponents, yeah I'm gonna root for him too .I do hope he shows us a different Niko style though

I do like that they made him into a sophisticated wannabe, reminds me a lot of Kiryu Miyazawa from Tough

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
gently caress them up, Tiger Niko! :woop:

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Where da links at

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/Dq7dao/chapter-242/

Akoya has reached maximum jobber mode and I'd be sort of annoyed if it wasn't Akoya. "Can no longer be destroyed by human power"" haha...

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, Akoya is using armor in a shonen martial arts manga, he is so toast. :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Lmao, Akoya is using armor in a shonen martial arts manga, he is so toast. :allears:

Armor, a knife which is basically a death flag in Kengan, and he pulled a gun.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Going on an entire spiel showing off your ultimate final impenetrable defence armor and ending it with "My preparations are flawless"... you can't job any harder than this.

It's perfect. the perfect thing to say

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also his devious plan is to peek in from the next room and find a chance to run in and stab him.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

perfect way for the JUSTICE guy to go out tbh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Akoya, you have been in a tournament that had Julius Reinhold and Wakatsuki Takeshi in it. I doubt that armor could handle Adam Dudley wailing on it, let alone Raian, The former Fang, Kuroki Gensai or either of those superhumans. You absolute fool. I'm glad you're being underwritten into becoming our next casualty. Shouldn't he have better reflexes for these kinds of situations?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Akoya, you have been in a tournament that had Julius Reinhold and Wakatsuki Takeshi in it. I doubt that armor could handle Adam Dudley wailing on it, let alone Raian, The former Fang, Kuroki Gensai or either of those superhumans. You absolute fool. I'm glad you're being underwritten into becoming our next casualty. Shouldn't he have better reflexes for these kinds of situations?

I think they mentioned he was getting slower or generally shittier or something? We all lose those fortnite reflexes eventually...

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
there’s no way that armor doesn’t impede his speed, no mnatter how improved it’s “mobility” is. Or maybe it makes him faster? His preparations are flawless after all…

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hopefully its got rocket boosters and other stupid poo poo

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I see now. I've become what I swore to destroy: at this point I'm hatereading Omega

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This actually isn't that bad, as far as fantasy bullshit fights go. All that stuff with the Connector must have significantly increased my tolerance, becouse this seems almost down to earth to me. :v:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I see ol’ crazy eyes back again

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Niko Style: Indian Burn is not the worst technique to be introduced to be honest. Kind of like this fight a lot more than anything the Connector has going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Niko Style: Indian Burn is not the worst technique to be introduced to be honest. Kind of like this fight a lot more than anything the Connector has going on.

yeah it's just a variant of falcon and rihito's stuff