Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Fellis posted:

Ohma can’t fight so Kazzy has to. Matches are completely decided by if he can get the fix in because whatever psychopath he’s up against will mulch him immediately

Well his opponent would be Cosmo based on the brackets, who isn't much of a psycho and currently can't stand up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

No Wave posted:

Didnt julius get hyped up extremely hard at the beginning or am I crazy? For some reason I thought he and the fang were thought to be the strongest going into the first round.

He's the fighter for the #2 ranked company plus he was lurking around as the main big bad guy when scar eye CEO was doing his evil mastermind speeches.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Calling that Muteba will be winning the next fight up until he accidentally trips over one of the massive craters that have now been punched in the arena floor and breaks his neck.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I feel like the match isn�t over yet. All I can really tell is that Muteba switched from his left hand to his right during that last attack and performed what looks like a slashing move

I thought Seki performed the other eye gouge dodge, that�s more dangerous, but he�s bleeding from his neck

Muteba feints with an eye gouge so that Seki does his special little duck down slightly dodge that he's done the other two times.

Instead the real attack is with his other hand, you can see it blurring in and making a slight thumping noise as he unleashes the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique or cut his throat with his fingernails whatever it is that makes Seki spurt blood everywhere.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Don't answer his question about who you are Gensai, it's a trick to get you to reveal your backstory first and therefore lose the fight. Keep on asking him about his backstory so he reveals it first.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

CharlestonJew posted:

his balls have also been completely drained

I would bet money that this turns out to not be true.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Gensai has't even unleashed his TRUE POWER yet. Dude's nicknamed "The Devil's Lance" and he's able to ram his fingers through steel and carve out intricate sculptures from solid stone but he's only been throwing ordinary punches so far.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Bando Yohei is an obvious jobber who only progressed because he was put against another obvious jobber in round one.

The "guy who uses a style based on joint locks and throws vs a guy with a billion joints who's unjoint-lockable and unthrowable" will make it more even but a bajillion pounds says Bando goes down.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

he's so happy his face got stuck in a perma-smile

Actually there's several panels where he's grimacing. Despite his swagger the dude doesn't like it when he actually gets beaten up.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

RareAcumen posted:

Now he wants to wait and observe his fighting style.

I don't think this has ever been stated and if it has it's kinda stupid considering the Fang's whole deal is he doesn't have a style, or if he does its one that's constantly changing.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Does jobber mean something different from what I think it means?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Ytlaya posted:

So does this chapter imply that he was actually pressured against Nikaido Ren?

I think it was Ren's hypnosis or whatever that triggered it in that case.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Jesus Christ there's only one more volume

What the gently caress

Two more, but there will be a pause before the second.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Suspicious Lump posted:

So what's Kazzy actually doing in the Kengan matches. Is he a proxy for other non-kengan companies to settle fights with kengan matches? Or maybe CEOs use him to source new blood to keep their fighters in prime fighting abilities?

I get the feeling he is basically a temp agency who matches fighters outside of their normal company to help them grow and he maybe takes a cut.

Matches Cosmo's comments and fits Kazzys personalities of the Kenyan matches being an end unto themselves rather than simply a means of futhering a business's wealth.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Just loving explaaaaaaaaaaaain

https://mangadex.org/chapter/596499/1

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

PringleCreamEgg posted:

If there's one thing that I've learned from fighting manga, it's that using Sambo is a guaranteed loss.

If you have just shown your trump card and are bragging at the end of a chapter without actually having been shown to win, get ready to get your rear end handed to you.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Petiso posted:

I believe there's a bit of a cultural dissonance with this. Even if it's ultimately your own life, if you immediately move away from the person/company/country that has taken care of your professional upbringing you'll be seen as a piece of poo poo in many places.

Doesn't really apply when the profession you're moving away from is death matches.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Just because Sekibaya and Harou can't join doesn't mean the Marvelous Seki and his big new friend Hulky Hari won't be contenders.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

yum posted:

Wonder if Ohma has developed a modified advance after learning some Kure secrets that won’t auto kill his heart. If he’s to be the new head of the Kure family it’d be odd if he didn’t have some kind of transformation gimmick

He already learnt that in Kengan Ashura: https://mangadex.org/chapter/512317/21

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they never had particularly strong motivations in the annihilation tournament, either. they were hired fighters with no particular stake in the overall outcome besides a general desire for victory. the real participants were the ceos, not their proxies.

Not for a good chunk of the fighters though. Some had personal rivalries even if one-sided (Wakatsuki vs Fang, Saw Paing vs Gaoling, Setsuna vs Ohma), you had people who didn't really give a poo poo about the company but were super into fighting the strongest people possible (Ohma, Kuroki, Kaneda), you had fighters who had a really strong attachment to their CEO (Rei, the Fang and somewhat less so Wakatsuki and Cosmo), Bando had his weird thing where he wanted to finish his research (and get off death row for a while), Meguro was pure kill crazy, the cop bastard had his whole thing about executing justice and secretly controlling his CEO under threat of death or whatever the hell went on there.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

I hope the mystery big giant guy fights Julius and wins through the radical combination of being big and strong and also actually having learnt a martial art.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Fellis posted:

Although I agree that the line about Gaolang being "too public" of a fighter for the underground is a little weird when he was an accomplished kengan fighter.

He's literally only fought in two Kenyan matches ever, both in the annihilation tournament two years ago. It states his match against Kaneda is his first Kenyan appearance, then he loses to Fang and spends 2 years training.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Turns out it helps to know martial arts in a martial arts tournament, not just be big and strong.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Wondering if Ryuki might either lose or just barely win, for it to act as a spur to develop his combat abilities seeing as the Gaoh style isn't meant to be very good in this kind of fight.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Artelier posted:

Iirc Gaolang was number 1, and only was number 2 in P4P while El Dorado was active

They didn't box at the same time (https://mangadex.org/chapter/882698/4), so the P4P rankings mentioned the chapter before are presumably GOAT rankings.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Electric Phantasm posted:

I want Carlos to come back, but every time he does he's a completely different weight class.

And also learnt a new mail order martial art.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Jose posted:

Really interest in the final 4 match ups since ohma is presumably going to fight the tiger vessel as opposed to donaire so you'd think wakatsuki would fight him. Would leave 2 people who grapple a lot Vs 2 presumably Kung Fu experts

Who is left at this point on each side?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Sextro posted:

This is exactly the win I hoped to see, and speedscans are fine :(

You’re assuming the match is over. Just because T2 is calling it doesn’t mean it’s over.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

RatHat posted:

I’m guessing Okubo loses and Wakatsuki vs Lolong is a tie, leaving the deciding match to be Ohma vs Fei. I hope I’m wrong though since this is a terribly boring outcome.

If purgatory wins one then ties another, they win overall I think. To have them tie It verbally, I think we need 2 Kengan wins and 1 Purgatory win.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Going for a ring out would probably be Waka’s best bet. If when he’d grappled Fei he’d just thrown him as far as he could, he’d probably have won.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/iUVBz6V/1/1/

Welp, that sure is a thing!

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Zodack posted:

Not sure why you're under the impression Lolong isn't going to activate his Inner Demon Release Fifth Eye Yield to Incoming Traffic Advance in the third part of the fight and become an even more hosed up vein monster with stupid powers too

I’m hoping for a Kuroki-a-like who is mostly just really really good at punching people.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

I like Fei with his cockiness and goofy messing about. “This stance is… completely useless” got a good laugh out of me.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/3BSzJQy/1/1/

Also seems like Kengan is getting an official release going forward?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Very powerful Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman energy there.

It’s great that you can dodge attacks with your guard down to clown on your opponent, but maybe keep your guard up just in case you misjudge it and he gets a punch in?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/o6m6ge/chapter-131/

It’s up. Seems to end on an odd page but okay.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Seeing as they show his attack working against Toa, the guy with his own totally proprietary non Niko redirection technique style power, I wonder if it’s something to do with confusing the defender about where they’ll be hit and having the redirection increase the power of the hit rather than disperse it.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

The issue I see with Berserker Bowl is that there are no stakes.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

I think my main criticism of Koga is that after being sidelined for the tourney and now having the time skip, he’s come back a bit more vanilla. I liked the mixture of cockiness, determination, occasional goofiness and desperation when shown how far he has to go that he showed early on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Pool A: Pretty much all unknowns except Hong, who used to fight for the Arms Dealer. Hong got stomped by Sasuke, but is someone who survived fighting pre-tournament (a more ruthless) Agito, both physically and mentally (in that he was still willing to keep working as a fighter).

Good rundown but would just mention Leonardo Silva in Pool A is a supernova.