Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I like Jerry Tyson being our expert on kungfu. Well, and everything else he does. He makes Motobe seem pretty boring in contrast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Fishing grandpa was Karo Yoshinari, I think

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I like how Seki is probably supposed to be a heel but it's not working out that way because he's too likable. He also almost lost to Kiozan with the first sumo kick, so it seems like his defense doesn't work against things he doesn't see coming. Which would definitely make sense.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Mikazuchi just used Aoshi Shinomori's ryusui no ugoki, basically. In Kenshin its weakness was the moment where he switches to attack but no idea if that's gonna be a thing here. Gaolang seems to think he has some sort of weakness, though it might just be stamina or something because he usually takes everyone out in one hit.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Masami rooting for the opponent of the one who beat him is pretty good. Also, Jerry Tyson has no words for that headbutt.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I'm starting to think Gensai is just a surprisingly defensive fighter in general. He might also be taking his time because he enjoys fighting but I get the feeling he's observing them so he knows he'll hit with his move before he throws it.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I think Gensai at least meant to kill him and probably did but this is Kengan Ashura so he'll probably be back, despite his similarities with the only guy who has died so far. And they made sure to let us know that the damage on Gensai's left arm was at least minimized so he's looking pretty good for going through to the third round. How impressive is his composure, though? He's fighting someone who seems to be faster than him, has a one hit kill, and keeps actually disappearing from his sight only to instantly be in front of him with multiple killing blows. Still takes it methodically.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Well, this is good. I'm sure there's plenty Bando didn't show us in the first round due to his opponent being weak.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I like how this is clearly the move he used against that fanatic in prison to win in a split second but he didn't even feel like it was necessary for Hanafusa. Basically got himself killed with that idea but still.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I like how it's obvious from the panel that Gensai is still saying "I don't take disciples. You can watch me perform kata from over there if you want." Thankfully Rihito has a natural sense for martial arts. Even the intermissions in this manga are good.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I'm really glad my job isn't trying to stop an angry Julius Reinhold. He's looking pretty scary and kind of came out of the Wakatsuki fight in a lot better shape despite losing.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I am the law. Also, I want to see more of Hawai. That guy makes Haruo look small. Was pretty surprised to see Rei's master here, since I thought he gave up the martial art when he passed it on but I'm glad it happened. Inaba too.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah, it cracked me up how the author avoided drawing Julius' legs because there's no way he can actually fit there.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Kind of similar to Raian, I think Meguro started just using violence instead of his judo because he was so out of his mind. I think he was a lot stronger than what we actually saw. He also took what might have been a lot of damage from Sawada before the fight. He was just so strong as a tiny 13 year old.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Nezu Masami hanging out with Haruo and Saw Paing, hell yeah. Also, does Rei really not know who did this? It's almost like he had his head buried in someone's chest instead of watching his opponent's last match.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Have we gotten any hints as to wheather or not Reis CEO actually likes him or is just using her ability to charm anyone that even almost worked on Tomari

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any real indication aside from just her general personality. But considering she's a kengan association member and even Cosmo's CEO thinks of him as a tool, I'm guessing she's not actually into anyone.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Between the first hit here and the razor's edge he took from Rihito, Gensai's wounds seem to be exaggerated when they happen and then the next chapter they're barely even bleeding. I guess probably just for the cliff hangers. Anyway, Gensai owns. I wonder how his defense holds up against Agito.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I wonder if Wakatsuki already tried to get revenge on Sen and the guy didn't bother to show up. That would probably be enough to discourage anyone.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

It's great how Kazzy can keep up with this fight when it's right in front of him, considering normal people couldn't even follow Setsuna from the stands.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

This is a lot like Doppo vs Yujiro but I hope it doesn't end the same way.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Goddamn am I hoping to see Haru. Any of these characters that competed in that tournament without really knowing a martial art are going to be strong if they learn one. Including Adam Dudley, of course.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I think he was even referred to as Haru again earlier. Perhaps it's his wrestling name but it definitely was a fake out. Somehow this is better than him slimming down, though. I'm not really hoping to see Gensai fight in the tournament because he kind of dropped the mic last time but I do want to see more of Julius Reinhold.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

It's pretty standard for manga but I still love how someone who uses pankration has to be dressed like they're from ancient Greece.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru is probably the most realistic I've seen and Sakigake! Otokojuku is probably the least. I'd highly recommend the latter if you like insane martial arts and don't mind heavy Japanese nationalism.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Begemot posted:

Minoru has a nice down-to-earth slice of life vibe, but also has some real bad homophobia and transphobia. Kinda soured me on the whole thing.

How about Minoru getting a powerup from constantly having to escape his roommate's attempts to rape him? I was thinking about making a youtube video about anime characters who shouldn't have been forgiven and Pedro is definitely going into it.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I know they don't have a ton of money for this probably. If it's between this and the animation of One Punch Man season 2 I'd definitely go with this. Choreography is so good and important in this series.

Edit: I posted half way through. I still agree with my statement but god is this awful.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Given what Idemitsu said about looking at eyes and those panels kind of emphasizing it, almost seems likely

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

A few things about the anime. I'll probably get into detail about the changes eventually but skipping the scene where Kazzy is getting yelled at and just basically not paying attention to his boss and especially not even mentioning his second son is a real shame. He thanks Ohma for how much his life has changed but we didn't actually get to see a lot of how it changed in the anime. That scene where Ohma beats up the biker gang was a great moment.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Takayama was called the man closest to being fang while omori was the previous fang. Hopefully we're about to find out what happened.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I don't think there's anything to this aside from that Cosmo looks like a matsutake mushroom but gay connotations could certainly be made.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I just learned that the second half will be released at the end of October. Netflix can be annoying.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Akoya isn't even remotely shaped like a person. I love it. Also, I want to see what Adam is capable of now already.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Junji Ito panel. Pretty mild one, granted.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I'm pretty sure we're supposed to think he recognized the taiho jutsu immediately. Probably not too many people would, though.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I actually don't want either of them to lose but of course let's go, Rihito.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

She's probably about the same age as him, at least. Ohma was over ten years older (probably, I don't think he has a confirmed age but it's late twenties)

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

We desperately need more ACAB from Adam Dudley

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah, I was really hoping we get to see the giants not fight each other, at least not immediately. Can't wait to see what all these people do.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

It reminds me of sumo but sadly no Kiozan here to take advantage of it in response.

Edit: dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I think One Piece explained this

Only registered members can see post attachments!