Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's weird how Rihito went from a weirdo psychopath to a kinda funny likeable dude, but I like it.

Shame he's going to be the designated jobber of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This Kure dude is destined to get completely decimated by a future opponent.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The Kure power-activation technique thing obviously has some sort of drawback to it that is likely going to be what causes him to lose since he's the dude who can release at 100%.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Same. Jesus this gets brutal. I mean, the brutality is mostly extended to characters who are made out to be unrepentant psycho murderers but still.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The fighters becoming bros and being extremely chill after their fights is going to be an ongoing thing for quite a while.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The upcoming fight gets pretty gross just FYI- or at least the kind of violence in it kinda makes me cringe.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Relin posted:

are we talking baki level where we see people's nerves pulled out of their bodies
Mugabe has a move he is very fond of that's pretty nasty. It's not like pulling out literal entrails or nerves though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

not sure why thats spoilered when it doesn't actually tell us antyhing tbh
Yeah and the raws are like a zillion chapters head but I figure some people will just want to be surprised and not know who does what even vaguely.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hey, I warned ya.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-009-Ch-074?id=376887

Looks like Haru and Sekibayashi are going to become friends. :3:
Ah yeah, this fight.

Jun is one of the best characters and unless I completely misinterpreted a bunch of stuff, a total bro.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

The Lord of Hats posted:

So that's where Kamogawa learned his training techniques.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Been a while since I read the raws (like months, so I'm actually behind on whatever is current) but Gensai and Rihito I think kinda bro up after his loss later on, or Rihito hangs around him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Cosmo is a pretty solid underdog. The series doesn't bullshit around the fact that being small and weighing a lot less than another fighter is a disadvantage so he has to almost entirely rely on submissions. He doesn't magically punch ten times above his weight class.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Wild Horses posted:

nah id say his technique is more a plus than a guy like dudley who was born to job. Same with d*sney mascot guy.

Edit: I mean if you dont watch out he magically appears behind you and submits you in one second.

Cosmo is interesting because his frame and fighting style require him to basically take pain to get his opening. As his opponents get tougher he has to be willing to eat more damage to get his opportunity, which is really bad news given some of the competitors.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just an fyi in general but setting up adblock plus or ublock + scriptmonkey + Reek anti-anti adblock helps with a lot of annoying sites past manga readers. I'd recommend it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I read to the end in the spoilers.

I really wish I hadn't.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also speaking as someone who has experienced tachycardia twice to the point I had to get cardioversion- it just kinda made me feel like I was dying instead of giving me badass superpowers

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Niko style fits very well with the idea of it being specifically designed for use in a persistently dangerous environment while under duress, like "the inside".

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ohma coming back wouldn't surprise me but I actually think he might not be the MC to the sequel if he does.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I actually wouldn't be shocked if more than a scant few people from the first ended up on team Kengan.
Many probably have better things to do or are not associated with it anymore.

Like Jun and the big mountain kid are back into pro wrestling, the sumo guy is back at sumo, murder cop probably is back to being murder cop, etc

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I didn't think wakatsuki's eye injury was permanent

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The choreography actually looks really good.

Shame about the rest. Baki didn't turn out half-bad, shame it couldn't have looked more like that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
2/3rds of the staff having extensive martial arts experience helps.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I find it a little silly that Koga, who is generally built like a brick shithouse can't even stagger someone (even someone very big) with a full cresent kick to the head. The whole thing with Koga is that his fundamentals are extremely solid.

Like, putting on 15 more pounds of muscle and learning punch/kick magic shouldn't turn that same kick into a knockdown for example.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wouldn't be shocked if at least one of them doesn't end up being recruited. Probably either refusal for personal reasons, or maybe since Purgatory has fighters to spare the guy in charge sent extra fighters to kill or incapacitate the ringers he knows about.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It could all just be a lack of technique.

Koga knows pretty much only mainstream martial arts and mostly fights from the context of professional mainstream non-deathmatch fighting and street brawls with regular people. He could just be subconsciously pulling his punches, even when he thinks he's going all out.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I have a feeling the big shocker is going to be some Wu clan person utterly destroying a Kure.

Raian lost to Ohma early on but he specifically avoided using Kure techniques and Ohma still came out looking like hamburger. Him or someone supposed to be even tougher getting completely one-sidedly shithoused would be a moment.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 2, 2019

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Adam started learning grappling from Cosmo's master at the end of the first series so he's probably pretty tough now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda feel like a more trained Adam would've actually done well against Muteba since he and Jin are probably the only people who're really used to absolutely dirty fighting.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kengan Alpha's protagonist will be the child Kazzy unknowingly conceived a the beginning of Kengan Asura after meeting Ohma.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This guy who came out of retirement is about ready to go right back there given this is the first match with anyone who is/was from purgatory

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah the kengan dude is so unbelievably dead

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kanos posted:

I have to admit that I was honestly expecting ghost man to kill Nitoku to try to sell Purgatory. Son of a bitch, Kengan, you got me again.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Teppu was pretty accurate.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Minoru feels almost too realistic where everyone's limbs turn purple from a single side kick.

The sleazy management parts feel pretty genuine.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
just some bros hangin out

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
the fanservice is less skeevy than anything done by hiro mashima and is actually at least tangentially connected to the premise of the manga which is getting swole

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I get the feeling some convenient thing will cause Koga to get subbed in.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
To be fair to Koga that was a liver blow and no amount of burning samurai spirit or martial arts magic will let you no sell an actual direct hit to the liver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Aww, I don't want either of them to lose. But uh, I don't think you should have a guy who had his neck broken once fight again.