Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This is going to be the longest tournament arc of manga history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

F.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Great a filler chapter. Can't wait until 2025 when we finally reach parity with the raws from 2016.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Is Reinhold the new "Unchained" Biscuit Oliva..?!

I think that Julius Reinhold could maybe unflex his muscles without causing an atomic bomb-level disaster.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Why do I feel Masaki will survive this somehow

I don't think so considering Sandrovich's commentary at the end of the chapter.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I wish this series had a much stricter editor so that we could cut the crap and not still be reading this tournament arc in 2022.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

*rad as heck sumo vs. pro wrestling fight happens*

in an extremely wienery voice: "oh, no thanks, i'd much rather get back to the main plot"

I came off wrong. This fight is cool and I especially like it because I think Japanese pro wrestling is bad rear end, but I think the series would have benefited from cutting the intricate backstories for the jobbers and just skipping ahead to the result (dead guy with little sister, judo psycho) One of this series strengths is its varied characters and good research but I feel like we're a bit lost in the weeds and the roster is already full to bursting with loveable second-tier fighters.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Yoroizuka Saw Paing is a character from late era Baki Hanma.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

He hasn't won yet! Never count a good man out even if he's jobbing.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Are you familiar with RaHoWa?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jose posted:

i went ot HnG's site to see if the chapter was out and lol

Based anon2155.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Dudley would have won already.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Daily updates for this manga are like manna from Heaven.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Way too much dialogue in this fight. Kure guy is such a chatterbox.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Julius has no chance because he's not Japanese.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

tweet my meat posted:

I'd love a sequel series with returning characters that used to be jobbers being main contenders. Devil Lance Rihito, Haru the Strongest Pro Wrestler of the Himalayas, "The Immeasurable" Murobuchi Gozo after some more training, there's so much they could do with some of them

"The Iron Lung" Mokichi Robinson.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This fight sucks. Pushes my suspension of disbelief too far.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hopefully this lazy jobber guy obliterates Bando to the last cell so that he can never regenerate again.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

It's just like the mach punch that Katsumi used on Baki but it doesn't obliterate his entire arm on use

When Baki is the more grounded fighting manga...

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Muteba is immune to getting flashbacks because his backstory is very cut and dry. He’s my pick to go all the way.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Screw you muteba bazinga.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Good news for sasuke he can now eat cereal out of his new pectus excavatum.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mindblast posted:

I want to see Waka vs Fang but I can't see how they will let Ohma lose the upcoming fight.

I'd like to see those two in a wood chipper.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Dias posted:

The Final Boss right now is literally a dude that's Good At Fundamentals and Can React Real Fast.

Which one?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Fellis posted:

Make sure you horizontal flip so he’s side-eyin your posts

Good call.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wakatsuki is bullshit.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Gensai is going to put the fang in the ground.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Gensai ftw.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

O_O

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jose posted:

nogi is sitting really weirdly here imo. who crosses their left leg over their right?

Me right now before I even read this post.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That ponytail isn't going to be very practical in a grapple.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

I wonder if Wakatsuki retired, though, he's got only one eye and his old Agito injury.

He deserves to go to the glue factory for stealing wins off more interesting characters every round of the tournament.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Looks like berserk.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Suspicious Lump posted:

What's the dealo with his pupils? Wiki says slit eyed animals tend to be nocturnal. He looks like a goat to me. It could just be symbolism, goats are associated with the devil/evil.

He's constantly looking left to right really fast.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

There's no way those 2 fighters they confirmed are recovered from their incredibly horrific injuries.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mokichi Robinson should be rehabbed and ready to go.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

I'm glad that this confirms that Jerry is to return. Also 160 days definitely is enough time for Koga to become strong enough to get a spot on the tournament.

He'll only get strong in 160 days if Adam Dudley trains him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wow the jobber guy won. Must be in order to set up his next fight where he jobs.