Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Gensai is the old but not ancient martial arts master who is privy to the secret of whatever Niko's deal was.

He'll make it to the semi-finals at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I believe in hands brutalized into deadly weapons.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean Ohma died so Setsuna and his rivalry can get bent, Kazzy's substitute fighter Jun Sekibayashi is the one who'll be taking down the Fang in the final round.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I want Wakatsuki to lose becuase I was pretty disappointed that Julius went out so fast and against Wakatsuki.

Who can defeat this inhumanly strong meat castle? This other slightly smaller inhumanly strong meat castle, by using his strongest muscles.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Ah yes, the old "Punch my own heart out of the way before you can stab it" technique.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Well since the winner here will be up against someone who will bounce their rear end in the quarter finals regardless I'll vote Bando because I think he's cool.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I believe in the gum gum fruit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Please be okay Bando, so that you can watch Gaolang avenge you.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 26, 2018

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

If Agito likes to beat people with their own styles, what would he do against Bando?

But what I really want to see is him in a pro wrestling match against Seki.

I assume Fang simply resorts to the most effective configuration of martial arts required to beat an opponent he can't really copy. Like I expect he has unreasonable physical strength but I don't see him beating Wakatsuki in plain rear end brawling, which is why he did whatever he did to his ankle. Presumably this is why Toyo Electric just went with the ultra musclehead who disdains technical fighting.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

He also seems to have a conversation with himself. Now I kinda wonder if his gimmick isn't having split personalities, where he creates new personality for each style he copies and masters and then switches between them mid-fight. :allears:

Yeah all the quotes around "Us" and "We" and "I" make it seem like he's got some headmates in there or something. Mr. Boxer seems like he's gonna have to tap out though, because Gaolang does not exactly seem impressed thus far.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Joseance posted:

gaolong dealing with Sen is a far more interesting fight than Sen vs Fang

Fang is just a more competent version of the dude Sen fought in the first round and that's dull. God I hope Gaolang wins.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
:mad:

Alright but he better loving rock Sen. Justice for Bando.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Plutonis posted:

How is Raian unscathed while Ohma is still zoned out tho

The Kure clan are selectively bred superhumans that can withstand their bullshit transformation, Ohms lacks this advantage.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So Ohma is gonna die at the end of this isn't he?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jose posted:

I realise this is a fighting manga and ohma is going to win the tournament but he's got another 2 fights today and just tired himself out lol

Ohma is becoming more powerful the more dead he should be. He will finally perish in the last match and rise again as a fight lich.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I feel like I've learned a lot about Japan today, thanks Kengan Asura!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

Muteba is going to lose because he is not Japanese.

I mean that didn't pan for his first round opponent and the winner here is just gonna job for Ohma anyway. He has a shot!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I respect a man whose decided that there aren't enough zeroes on the check for getting punched into a crater.

Kinda annoyed Waka is probably gonna mostly walk off having the bulk of a dudes fingers stabbed into his neck though.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Setsuna picked a weird moment to run riot. I assume this all some circuitous method of getting a fight with Ohma but I don't see how.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

I'm surprised anyone is actually rooting for Rei. Especially after he got Saw Paing drinking jack and not smiling.

I mean like half the thread is weirdly fixated on his destruction which makes me feel contrary and also I share his stance on boobs.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Mary Annette posted:

What 'the power of love' seems to mean to him (head pats are nice and go fish is fun) is pretty drat weird, too, compared to, say overcoming obstacles to your relationship or saving your beloved from ninjas.

I mean he seems to have been trained from infancy to be a runs fast assassin. His world view might be a bit off.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Rei's feet exploded in the last charge and Gensai doesn't truck with spur of the moment improvisation. This match is going to the karate man.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jose posted:

Wakatsuki has been weirdly obsessed with beating Agito considering he also lost to Sen

The Agito loss is the one where he got his ankle completely hosed up I think. Probably a much harsher fight then whatever went on with Sen.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I want to see Sen win just so Gensai gets to fight someone whose actually a master of a real martial art and not just dudes with one weird trick.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

verbal enema posted:

So are we all at the point where most every other fighter is more interesting than Ohma?

I mean yeah he's going to be the new Fang under Kazzy but bleh

OR MAYBE THATS HOW FANGS ARE! REALLY GOOD FIGHTERS BUT pretty meh when it comes to characterization

I mean I'll put chill Ohma above Waka at this point but frankly yeah let's just cut to Fang vs The Best Karate.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Sindai posted:

I've been half-expecting that for a while since it seemed pretty late to introduce the primary antagonist but too many characters would have known his face for it to really make sense.

We got 3 fights in the tournament left, at least one more chapter of Setsuna flashback and probably another where he gets stomped out of like the 30 that's left. I don't know that there's time left for Advance dude to do anything at this point.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean proving the Niko styles strength by making your heart explode in the final is a... plan.

Kazzy do something your boy just admitted he gonna suicide to win!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I keep feeling like the huge blood spray that goes up when somebody gets stabbed with most of a dudes fingers indicates some critical damage but then they just kinda no sell it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Gensai is the loving best.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jose posted:

I still think gensai is going to lose

At this stage I don't think Fang has any reasonable cards left to be played, although I guess he could bust out his own ultimate technique from the Niko style.

The fabled Bullshit Kata...

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Friends shouldn't let friends Ashura no Joe, Kazzy. I hope you learned something from this.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Toyoda seems like a really tacky guy.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
New chapter rolling in. https://mangadex.org/chapter/698630/1

This guy is very rude and I fear Koga may decide to talk poo poo.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Good on Purgatory for getting a properly punchable face, feel like it needed it since the organization comes off as way more reasonable then the Kengan matchs.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Plutonis posted:

The cloak guy is 100% Ohma.

Wasn't cloak guy hanging out with these two nerds at the end of Ashura and talking about Ohma?

Which doesn't actually disqualify him based on Ohma's memory problems I guess.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like that Koga took one distant glance at Akoya and immediately knew that was a cop.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

that's a face holy poo poo

But when he smiles...

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Well crap, I wanted to see Haruo in action after some time on the grindstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

yum posted:

I just don’t see Kokoro qualifying for the tournament after seeing how easily his face got caved in by Koga

I really like Toku² as a fighter name

I mean to be fair Toku² is in and and he got completely destroyed in one page!