Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Hell yeah bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The fishing grandpa fight starts in chapter 83.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
All the main characters in the most important work of the Kengan Ashura canon, Danberu nan kiro moteru?, are women.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

El Burbo posted:

All the girls in this series are top-tier

Murder Music CEO lady ftw.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Jedah posted:

Haha, is Karla wearing a Koyo academy uniform here? Seems like it.

Does she attend school there? Pretty cool, I see what you mean by all the little references.

In my headcanon she does, but it's not confirmed in any way.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Chapter 50 is out

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I don't think that's true at all.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Jedah posted:

Interesting. Would Ohma vs. Kiryu happen at the end of the manga, then? Going by your predictions, it would be pretty cool to see Julius get seriously injured in his fight against Ohma, then turn around and enter a match with Kiryu with a handicap.

Also, I think Lt. Lizard has a point, none of us seem to be taking Wakatsuki Takeshi too seriously, despite his excellent Kengan record and ridiculous strength:

Wakatsuki literally went all one-punch-man on that poor bastard. Maybe we'll eat our words when he ends up being a real contender. If Sarcophallus's predictions are correct, Wakatsuki Takeshi vs. Julius Reinhold could end up becoming one of the best matches yet. Two extremely hard-hitting characters duking it out. :yeah:

Wakatsuki Takeshi has the best Kengan match record for a reason, he's really strong.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Rangpur posted:

:rip: Intelligent Barbarian. At least his legacy as a bestselling author of bodybuilding manuals lives on.

TBH the fights I'm most interested in seeing play out are the ones where the fighters have a similar body-type. Not necessarily the fighters I'm most interested in, mind. It's just.... Slim, fast dude vs. slow, bulky dude is a dichotomy you see so often in this type of series, I'd honestly appreciate the change of pace. Helps a lot that the artist has a knack for incredibly visceral brawls.

Pretty much everyone in the tournament is really meaty except for two people and other than Haruo there aren't even any comically huge guys left. Even Julius is just like one head taller than the rest of them.

I hope everyone's excited for what's coming up: After the next fight it's time for the bathing chapter. :henget:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

RatHat posted:

That's someone else. You'll know him when you see him, IIRC he's still wearing prison stripes.

He's wearing normal clothes and is sitting with the other spectators now. He's the one who explained Haruo getting thinner last fight.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
You need at least one total psycho murderer in a roster this big.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Begemot posted:

I'm torn on who I'm rooting for in this fight. Kaneda is being set up as such an underdog, but Gaolang is one of the few foreigners left and he's a pretty great straight man. I guess he'll stick around as long as Kaneda doesn't turn out to be a secret murderer or whatever.

Also, Jerry Tyson actually got to use his boxing expertise!

Jerry Tyson doesn't box!!!

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Let's hear the ranking.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Don't call the King of Combat a chump.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Behold the awesome power of not even having a TV.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Fang is going to get knocked down but then he'll power up after he admits that he doesn't even know who XXXTentacion was.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Hate-Senpai posted:

Yeah it's my favorite fight of the series so far by far.

You got the old versus the new, the theme of conviction and belief in your style, conflicting views on tradition, etc. etc.

It's so good.

Hell yeah doggie, this page is so sick.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Being american is worse than being a cop.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Plutonis posted:

lol will they hide this on a paywall too

Wild f-slur Project.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The Fang not knowing pop culture is the classic trope of moe through helplessness.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Lol.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Being american is way way worse than just being a cop.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
He's still a teenager and thusly medically retarded.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
That's how he got so strong.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
"The Hammer of Burma" ftmfw.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Plutonis posted:

Stop. Hammer time.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
It's time for that lazy rear end to wake up, he's been sleeping for a hundred chapters.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
He's strong for a normie non-monster. Don't be so hard on him.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Someone completely new who's more brutal than him and makes him job so he has to use all the secret Kure techniques he ignored previously in the rematch to win.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The russian dude is one of his coworkers at his company (together with the Deva King Ohma beat up in the first chapter) and the guy he sliced apart on the boat tournament is fine and currently spectating the main tournament.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Plutonis posted:

How is Raian unscathed while Ohma is still zoned out tho

Alpha genes.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Julius using one of the white suits as a club ftw.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

McTimmy posted:

All the dudes in the background of Komada and Ivan's scenes are the guys that went down on the boat. Masaki's target. Nikado's target, and the two hitmen who went after Rei and Cosmos.

Good catch.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The cop doesn't need redemption because being an alpha vigilante cop is already badass.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
A vigilante isn't someone who kills criminals, a vigilante is someone who takes the law into his own hands without any sort of legal justification.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
...of course being related to a criminal isn't a crime under the penal code of the state of Japan. But Akoya is killing as a vigilante and not as a state persecutor or a judge and he follows his own set of laws.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
You don't need to be a cop to know what the word vigilante means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also the only fighter to hold an actual grudge instead of a desire for a rematch is probably Sawada against Julius, given how Julius was complicit in the blackmail of his employer.

Sawada is just tsundere.