Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I wonder who Purgatory's Kuroki is. They all look too much like assholes, except Arashiyama, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Char
Jan 5, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Do you mean Kuroki as in gruff tsundere old master or Kuroki as in the strongest dude around.

As the unassumingly looking strongest dude, they're all edgelording each other except the silent guy in a trench and Arashiyama.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Andrew Lime posted:

It's probably the King dude, isn't it?

I hope our expectations will be subverted, as in Ashura. Going by that, I think he's their Agito.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

I doubt they have a Kuroki. The Kengan people didn't technically have a Kuroki either, Kuroki was an outsider who was invited to the tournament. Everyone in purgatory seems to be more or less a known factor amongst their organization and Lolong pretty clearly stands at the top as the fang equivalent

Right, I kinda forgot about that. I hope Sandrovich is playing with our expectations anyway, even if this feels like a low-stakes fight.

Oh, another thing about Purgatory fighters - Jose defeated Nicolas in an official match.
Considering how he trash talks everytime he speaks, I'm trying to guess the remaining matchups now.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait, wha?

drat I need to reread this series if I forgot info like that.

Yeah it's when Monke punches Koga in the liver. The beard & trenchcoat guy (wait, there's their Kuroki!) mentions Nicolas lost to Jose.
Nicolas then wonders if Kengan is better than Purgatory, as there he'd be able to kill as he pleases.

Nicolas is totally going to fight Akoya, isn't he?

Char fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 20, 2020

Char
Jan 5, 2013

GrudgeOnion posted:

I've felt that Omega was in a slump, but this chapter has some of the old magic.

Same. The blurred vision panel, Naidan who should be the bad guy here, being... well, less than the psycho I would've expected? Collected and less malicious than Gaoh?
Also, a Purgatory fighter that is being actually scary.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
But this is a survivor series match, not a tournament. No "guess who'll get to next round" here.

Anyway, I'm hype for the Chinese-attire guys. Liu looked pretty confident.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

[speculation]

So, it's gonna be Fei Wangfang, isn't it?

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

if Liu is a secret Tiger Vessel Candidate I'll honestly be impressed. Feels bad to watch him watch his friend basically shed his disguise and go full murderboner

That wouldn't make sense imo. He's the Okubo of Purgatory side, and he's cementing his "wtf, fighing to kill? that's gross" persona here. Naidan fooled him, I still believe the vessel is Fei.
That panel with the side-eye, though. Feels bad for Liu, it seems like they were buddies.

Char fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 19, 2020

Char
Jan 5, 2013

RatHat posted:

Even if Ryuki kills here, it wasn't really his fault. Naiden forced him into a deathmatch and it was kill or be killed. I hope the manga doesn't try to portray him as a monster now that he killed in self defense, that'd be really dumb.

Well the chapter ends with "it's not my fault". I think Ryuki will have to think a bit about morality, after the match - he's already less of a monster compared to last time.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
This chapter was pretty hype.
Speculations about matchups subverted again.
I think Nicolas is from a separate group, I still think Fei is the Tiger Vessel. Also, "Centipede" - is he going to be a grappler of some sort?

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I said "separate group" but what I meant is "I don't think Nicolas is the Tiger Vessel". Him being a worm member, way more plausible. Anyway, dunno, the Centipede moniker is for the audience, that's why I didn't give it too much meaning, but... it's kinda on the nose, isn't it? Also, if Liu is the Serpent, I can't but think Fei is going to be the Tiger :v:

Char fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 3, 2020

Char
Jan 5, 2013
New chapter.
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/eZ5wYD/chapter-151/
Xia ! Don't die!

Char
Jan 5, 2013
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/oKQXgD/chapter-152/

What do they mean, Xia Ji can actually fight if he wants to? :allears:

Char
Jan 5, 2013
New chapter is up and it still delivers.

as a practictioner of BJJ I agree with Liu's assessment, you don't get out of a rear naked choke on the mat

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Well, bullshit but acceptable bullshit for me as well. You don't break a forearm, especially that of an athlete, by crushing it. You need more force... still better than "releasing", "advancing" or "suddenly, psycho!".
Anyway, why Waka doesn't do it? Because he's a karate boy. They're all the same, slamming their fists and kicking stuff harder than their bone to prove their worth.
Waka KOing Julius with two kicks and then zanshin!, that was really cool, though

Char fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Char
Jan 5, 2013
For all the poo poo Kengan Omega usually gets, it seems fair to admit I'm enjoying it lately