Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I read an interesting theory that Le Banner could be another Worm infiltrator, on the basis that his loss to Jose makes him a pretty strange pick for Purgatory's top tier fighters against the Kengan characters that remain, and when it was mentioned to him he reacted nonchalantly, perhaps because he doesn't remember the defeat. I thought it was interesting even though I'm more of the idea that his loss could have just been due to a bad matchup or whatever in Kengan logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Has anyone seen the raws to know if the centipede/worm confusion is reflected in the original Japanese? The Worm certainly sounds and has stronger connotations than the Centipede in English, but Naidan's tat...

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Who do you guys think will fight Liu?

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

At this point, even completely obvious story hooks seem totally up for grabs, so all the cues for Terashi being the TV might be played completely straight. I'm hoping one of the Chinese fighters turns out to be the TV and Terashi is a clone of Bando or something, though, otherwise I'm afraid Fei is going to be another jobber.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

Honestly, both results of this match would have interesting ramifications.Either Wakatsuki wins, and the Other Niko will abandon Fei and laser focus on Ohma (and Agito) again, or Fei wins and establishes his credential as a serious rival and a real threat, because he just bodied one of the strongest fighters in the setting.

This would be really cool, although I wonder how many magical howevers Sandrovich will have up his sleeve.

I'm anticipating Wakatsuki doing something like, Tsk... So I have to unreveal my anti-Niko techniques here instead of against Ohma... or something to that effect. I mean, a guy like that has definitely been training to overcome the people who beat him previously, so even if he didn't anticipate going up against a Niko style user, he probably has an answer to it. It would be nice if Fei doesn't job though, Purgatory has been pretty disappointing so far. I'm just glad the tournament isn't going to be the entire manga this time around.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

The last chapter was very good. The panel of Wakatsuki's face was great, and the decision to show Julius thinking "don't you loving dare let him go" was just the absolute best choice. Of course Julius is the one man who knows exactly what Wakatsuki has to be thinking in that moment.

I also thought the page with the ambiguous dialogue was great. It isn't clear whether or not it's from Wakatsuki or Fei's point of view (the one right before Fei pops)

The power up is bullshit and I hope that Sandrovich moves away from it, but this chapter was pretty cool. It is pretty funny to think that in-universe, Fei basically just went super saiyan for five minutes and then exploded.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

That wasn't my read of the chapter, I think it's just an usurpation unrelated to the Wu.

Omega has really become garbage though. It's unfortunate because Ashura was a great shonen, but as the previous poster mentioned, they're not taking any time to develop any of the plotlines properly and nothing has any impact as a result.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I won't be surprised at all if that turns out to be true, I suppose. It's just the kind of "GOTCHA!!! REVERSAL!!" that Sandrovich feels like he would throw us at this point. I had forgotten a few details from farther back in the plot that add more credibility to that theory as well.

There was supposed to be a Worm on the Kengan side that was never revealed, wasn't there?

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Rihito will probably win because Saw Paing is injured and he still has to milk what relevance he can get from being the disciple of the strongest character in the Kenganverse

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

i am the anatomy of rihito's pec on page two

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

everything going on in the story and in this chapter. It's all very bad. There's cringe in the kengan

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Sandrovich may need to take a break from the bong rips to actually plan out a story. Lol at strategically creating "safe zones" in a room full of carbon monoxide with other AC units. Lol at the Connector monologuing while not breathing

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

why didn't they just keep making a punchman manga about people punching each other for progressively more money or prestige or w/e instead of this incredibly stupid bullshit that retroactively soils my memory of Ashura being a top tier punchman story

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

How did we go from a fantastic punch man tournament to ... This

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

It's quite a bit worse than Yujiro, unfortunately. It feels pretty out of touch to think that in 2023 anyone is interested in seeing this kind of villain. "Lol you know what would be badass? What if all the best fighters from the series just get one-tapped all at once by this guy so we can show how cool he is?"

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

If this goes the predictable way then I might just have to wait until Kengan wraps up to keep reading so I can kill my brain cells in one go rather than cook them slowly like this

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

the political figures cowering in fear like that have left me uncertain if at this point Sandrovich is deliberately making this a meme that Shen is calm Yujiro

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I see now. I've become what I swore to destroy: at this point I'm hatereading Omega

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

At this point it isn't any specific plot, it's just that the whole thing has become overwhelmingly mediocre. I'm not sure what happened. Honestly it's been that way since the Purgatory tournament. I remember round after round of being like "ok they've been jobbing to play with our expectations but HERE COMES PURGATORY!" and out of that we got Lu Tian and Yumigahama. Arashiyama and Donaire are cool but that whole arc was a letdown and everything since has just kept layering on the bullshit.

Ashura is peak punchman shonen and Omega was feeling pretty good up until the tournament, but it's like I gradually watched the soul leave this manga's body. I won't drag out the negative posting but the downturn has been remarkable

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

This week's chapter wasn't bad

Kiryu obviously is most likely alive but the flow of the fight was pretty interesting. Had to glance a second time to see if it was Niko or Kiryu thinking "I have to kill him, no matter what...", it felt like it could have conceivably been part of the internal monologue for either character.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I didn't realize that Sandrovich started another series in 2023, Isshou Senkin. It's pretty good and maybe its existence helps explain why Omega is such loving garbage. I feel like I remember at some time seeing a post on Reddit or somewhere mentioning Daromeon or Sandrovich were burnt out or didn't care as much about Kengan.

Does Sandrovich contribute to the art though? I think Isshou Senkin is drawn by someone else but the art style, while distinct, is very similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I take back everything I've said about Omega