Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

El Burbo posted:

heres a handy thing

Kinda pity, outside of the current match, it's pretty bloody obvious who will the each of the initial fights in the first row....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, I'll place my bets here:

3rd fight winner: Kure Raian. Some random priest guys vs. a handpicked member of Kure assassins which from looks of it are major plot-important faction? Especially if you consider that the second round will be him vs. Ohma and that match is pretty much inevitable, considering all the buildup with Karla and the fact that Kure assassins are employed by the son of our true protagonist.

4th fight winner: Tokita Ohma: Duh

5th fight winner: Wakatsuki Takeshi: Random dude with like 4 panels of screen-time vs. a fighter that was introduced in first 5 chapters of manga and is constantly hyped as one of the best kengan fighters? Considering all the buildup, I think this one is pretty clear

6th fight winner: Julius Reinhold: The dude with ridiculous hairstyle got a bit of screen-time and I kinda like him, but he is against the main and strongest fighter of one of the three main faction vying for domination of the Kengan tournament. He's toast.

7th fight winner: Muteba Gizenga: Ok, both are pretty minor characters, so I guess this one could go either way, but I refuse to believe that someone named THE GENOCIDER would lose his first fight. :colbert: (although he does have a lot of tattoos...:ohdear: )

8th fight winner: Sekibayashi Jun: Again, a pretty major and hyped up character against some random dude. We already saw what he has to offer in his fight with Ohma, so he is pretty much destined to lose, but I really doubt they would waste him on just some guy. THE GENOCIDER(or the other guy, I guess), or Julius Reinhold beating him is great way to build hype for their future matches, so I see him proceeding to second or even third round and losing to one of them.

I look forward just how wrong my guesses are. :allears: (But I would be pretty shocked if I was wrong about 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th match.)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

RatHat posted:

RIP Rihito when he goes up against Setsuna in the 2nd round. He's gonna get murdered to get to Ohma.

So for the semi-finals I think Ohma(top left bracket), Setsuna(top right bracket), and Fang(bottom right bracket) are a given but I have no idea who's gonna win the bottom left.

My bet is Julius Reinhold, he is the strongest fighter of that badly scarred dude who seems to be the main rival of the business man Ohma and Kazuo (and Rihito) work for.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
He also has tattoos, and the mangaka in post-chapter comments stated that the artist hates drawing tattoos so he tries to reduce screen-time of heavily tattooed character to minimum, so The Genocider is doomed like three times over.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I would vote for him

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Bushmeister posted:

New chapter is out

Shipping girl owns

the mickey mouse dude owns

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-011-Ch-088-Read-Online?id=395135

So basically all that ominous "Its time for the dream to end" poo poo was just that dude being super bummed that he wont be able to be Mickey Mouse mascot anymore.

That's incredible. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I wonder what is planned for Hassad, considering all the focus and screen-time the extra material is giving him. Maybe he replaces the (presumably dead) freaky bendy man in tournament?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Really doubt Cosmo will be fighting in the next round, considering his injuries. The better question to ask is which fighter will sub for him.... Who would be most kick-rear end opponent for Ohma at that point?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

I feel like Ohma will barely lose to Raian and then take Cosmo's place for an immediate rematch.

Besides that, murder doctor maybe stab this dude in the face while he's out.

Reminder that if the fighter under Kazzy loses a match, Kazzy will lose everything, possibly including his life, due to the "deal" that was forced on him by Nogi.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
People might be bitching about how Ohma is boring and poo poo, but his bromance with Kazzy is super cool and good. :colbert:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Both from meta perspective and from hints in story so far, it is likely that Wakatsuki will win, but I am personally cheering for Julius here. C'mon German steroid muscle beast! Man over nature! :black101:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 2, 2018

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm liking Julius more and more.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Brutal.

Also pretty short fight. No real surprise about the result, but still Boooo!!!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oh yeah, this fight was glorious. Just two superhuman monster brutally beating the poo poo out of each other. Probably one of my favorites so far.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This is the fight I have been looking forward the most. Both of fighters the best., :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Just one chapter in and this fight has already exceeded my expectations.

I expected that this will be an incredible fight, but man, this is going to be incredible fight. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
All this time and we never asked the most important question: what if Muteba believed in pro-wrestling too?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Rei is literally the most boring fighter in the tournament, so I am rooting for his opponent by default.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Looks like Muteba's and Jun's friendship began before their fight even ended. :allears:

Also its pretty much confirmed that Muteba has Cyborg Eyes

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Holy poo poo Saw Paing is 30? The whole time I though he was at least 10 years younger.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

I keep forgetting that Saw and Gaolang are supposed to have had a longstanding "rivalry" and Gaolang is 28. I had Saw pegged for being 19 or so myself for some reason.

Wait he is also OLDER then Gaolang? :psyduck:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Its really incredible how uncharismatic Rei is. Like even the rear end in a top hat murder cop is someone who you love to hate. Rei is just :geno:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Unfortunately, it was really hard to not guess that the fight will end up this way. I really hoped for a surprise, but alas not this time. :sigh:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I mean with the new substitution rule, Gensai winning and Setsuna still appearing as a fighter facing Ohma instead of....Cosmo for example, is very possible, so I'm hopeful.

Also,

Electric Phantasm posted:

gently caress Rei

:yeah:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This chapter hinted that Setsuna has a very obvious power-up in store, where he reveals that he had managed to develop and master other techniques of Koei style. Hopefully it wont be enough to defeat Gensai.

Also Muteba is just the best. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Eh, Gensai being pressed hard while Setsuna pulls one bullshit combination of his stupid moves after another is pretty good build-up. As long as it ends with him thrashing Setsunas stupid face that is.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, this is very promising beginning. This might be a super rad fight.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Muteba dissing other fighters eye-poking skills. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Begemot posted:

I like how Muteba is shocked even though he's blind. Maybe he heard Agito taking a stance.

Don't forget that Muteba would probably thing Daredevil is an amateur, considering he was still able to detect his surroundings and fight with a slight handicap while blind AND deaf, using only his sense of smell.

Him sensing the TV radiation on his skin and being able to distinguish the colors and picture with his touch or something equally silly is a real possibility with him. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Kanos posted:

Yeah but his reaction wasn't "holy poo poo Saw what's the problem, are you alright buddy", it was "jesus christ you loving disgust me, dude, get ahold of yourself".

Gaolang specifically doesn't know about the whole backroom deal where Saw's loss will cause destruction of his home village and thinks Saw is just sore loser who completely breaks down after a single defeat. He would presumably react differently if he knew whats up.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

alkanphel posted:

Looks like Agito is making it harder for himself so he can have more fun?

He also seems to have a conversation with himself. Now I kinda wonder if his gimmick isn't having split personalities, where he creates new personality for each style he copies and masters and then switches between them mid-fight. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Vast majority of fighters being actually cool and friendly guys outside of the ring is still one of my favorite things about Kengan Ashura.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Gaolang has shown his backstory first AND is currently easily dominating the fight, unfortunately, he is doomed.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 1, 2018

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Kinda wet fart of an ending. It came of more as Fang going "oh ok, guess I should stop handicapping myself and use things beside boxing, lol" and instantly winning than anything else.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Jose posted:

Fang was angered by seeing ohma use the Niko style against raian. I was thinking that fang has fought and lost against Niko but importantly was unable to copy his moves

Uh, he literally just used a Niko style technique to win this fight.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

He stopped boxing two chapters ago, he started using his elbows and feet once he resorted to his own style, and even then Gaolong still had him on the ropes until Kanoh caught him off guard.

Yeah, "striking" would be a better term. Doesn't change anything about the fact that Fang was still using only extremely limited part of his skill-set, trying to beat Gaolang at his own game and won instantly when he decided not to do that. :shrug:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Okay let's see...

Sen vs Agito: This chapter seems to be subtly hinting that Agito isn't as invincible as he's made out to be, to probably build up to Agito's eventual loss, so... I'm gonna go with Sen winning here?

To me, the conclusion of this chapter seemed to be that Agito is too arrogant to use his massive power effectively against a truly powerful opponents, so I think this chapter actually gave Agito the strongest weapon of all: a beginning of character arc.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Really looking forward to Adam punching someone again.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Aww, he got to kill after all.:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Well, that got wrapped up quickly and cleanly.

Also, another piece of evidence that Muteba is the best.