Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'd definitely agree that the series could use some more female fighters, but the female characters we have are pretty solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Great chapter. I absolutely love Haru's character so far. It seemed like he was being set up for simple cannon fodder with a kinda sad backstory, but at this point I could even see him pulling off an upset. I believe in the strongest warrior in the Himalayas.
Also it's nice to see that Kazuo's instincts are still on point, I think he was the only one to realize that justice guy was being controlled.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm still putting it all on Adam. I wont be fooled by that fakeout loss.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, speculation is gonna be pretty weak until the wildcards start making their moves. I really wanna see the Medicine Man in action again, I love that dude.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The nicknames are so good in KA. I'm rooting for The Exterminating Vicar, he actually seems like he has a chance.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Ketchup Ninja is a pretty good short and funny read and is pretty accurate with a lot of American cultural things since the author actually lived here.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I honestly think Robinson might take it, leaving the kures to take a more behind the scenes role for the tournament. The kure clan seems important to the story, but none of the important ones seem to be on the bracket. This guy doesn't seem to have much to him other than "is really crazy and obnoxious"

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I definitely think we're due for an underdog win

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, he who shows his superpower first generally loses. Kinda wish they would mix it up a bit more than they have to make things a little more unpredictable, maybe this will be the fake out and Robinson takes it. He's a much more interesting fighter, but that never stopped buff justice cop from winning.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
He is actually the direct descendant of Sherlock Holmes whose legendary adventures were falsely believed to be fictional because they were so incredible.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Skimmed ahead through the raws against my better judgement mostly to see if the doctor vs prisoner doctor fight would be cool because those were the two that seemed pretty fun and it certainly didn't disappoint. I finally managed to stop reading ahead and I look forward to the next few decades of waiting for the translation to catch up. Luckily the characters are just as entertaining as the fights so it should still be fun to read the translation.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I love that pretty much all the animosity between the non edgy fighters disappears after the fights and they're just hanging out together.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Zerilan posted:

How chill most of the fighters are when not fighting is still my favorite thing in this series. Imai and Dudley watching the match together :3:.

Seriously one of the best parts of the manga, nobody ever takes it personally when they lose a match. I really like the (raws spoiler, but not really a huge one) doctor dude who's obsessed with disecting people, he winds up treating most of the severely injured fighters who all chill out in the infirmary

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I still believe in Adam. But yeah super hockey punches probably couldn't stand up to pop a dude's head and break the concrete underneath punches.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

The Lord of Hats posted:

For the people who've read the raws: is Nezu Mazami (Mickey Mouse guy) as amazing as I hope he is?

He's pretty great.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just a simple, fast slugfest between probably two of the physically strongest fighters in the tournament. I really like this fight, you really get a sense of the incredible amount of superhuman force being delivered with each blow.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I mean he was definitely weaker, but I think Wakatsuki is probably one of the top contenders in the tournament overall, and even he immediately acknowledged his insane power and went all out from the start. Decathlon Man also took a couple of those trademark concrete shattering blows and came right back at him so he certainly was no slouch.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Jacked enough to chump a racecar probably counts as a power.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm having trouble trying to wrap my head around the logistics of him leaving that trail of exhausted women in his wake and still making it to the fight on time. Did he leave an hour or so early so he could take a gently caress break every few steps or did he just like walk and gently caress at the same time? I hope it wasn't the second because he couldn't have lasted very long if that was the case judging by the distance in between the women. Maybe they had already hosed in the bedroom and he just decided to leave a breadcrumb trail to let his boss know he had left for the fight?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, Gazinga's whole over the top mercenary fucklord gimmick really works for him, one of the more interesting fighters and the raws of the fight were really good. I can't wait to see it translated.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
There's a big uncensored two page spread of it in a few chapters, sorry for spoiling the raws.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Muteba Gizenga posted:

Tell him yourself

Hell yeah dude. I'm rooting for The Massacring Mercenary all day.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Please don't spoil the raws, not everyone knows about his sexual combat techniques yet.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Muteba Bazinga is definitely up there with Sekibayashi Jun on my cool characters list.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
He seems like the guy who in any other manga would be a one off character set up to job to the psycho guy after getting cocky to set the psycho up as a big threat, but every time Meguro pulls some crazy poo poo, he fires right back with something crazier.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's Jun vs sumo wrestler man

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The dude with the "gently caress a bunch of women" fetish is a weirdo pervert as compared to the wholesome and family friendly Meguro who can't get off without having his inner ear gouged and his nads crushed.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Cough?!?!?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The fighters are resilient, but not surviving a snapped neck/torn up windpipe/punctured brain resilient, plus he had the ghosts of his former victims coming for him.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm hoping we'll get a panel from Jun next fight as cool as the rib shattering dropkick he hit on Ohma. That's definitely the fight that sold me on the series. The series does an amazing job of conveying huge hits.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Primal Sumo is a good phrase and I like hearing it used in a fighting manga.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's obviously going to be Jun because he has unlocked the secret technique of bribing the announcer so he's second to get introduced and receive exposition.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
My personal prediction is at least three cool rear end suplexes after carefully analyzing the information we've been given so far.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
No you really don't understand how swole he is though.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

tweet my meat posted:

My personal prediction is at least three cool rear end suplexes after carefully analyzing the information we've been given so far.

On track so far.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Who the gently caress is Naoya again?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Oh yeah, that dude

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, I'm really curious about that too. I guess he might be working for two face trying to take out fighters.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The Intelligent Barbarian isn't so easily taken out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Which of the remaining matches are you guys hyped the most for?

Personally I can't wait for the doctor deathmatch. I can see a match between two medical experts getting even more vicious than Muteba's match, and I really like both the fighters. One's a polite ex-medical student who was arrested because he liked raiding yakuza offices in his spare time for whatever reason, and the other's the batshit dissection-obsessed doctor who's ironically done nothing but run the medical center extremely competently so far, even saving Mokichi's life from that broken neck.