Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I don't know what's worse, Gaolang waiting until the last second to spew exposition about Rolon , or that Kazzy didn't know about the apparently most well known south-east asian fighter out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
There was some cool choreography this chapter, but seeing Koga jumping with hapiness like Kazzy after Ohma got a hit made me a little sad. I miss the time whenhe and Ryuki( when's the last time we saw him?) were the protagonists.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This chapter was okay, some nice moves, but Rolon's still ultra boring to me.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I think it's smart to make Xia somewhat important/strong, seeing as he's the villain we spent most time with (outside of maybe Setsuna).

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This chapter was a good end to the fight, but I still can't like Koga after the timeskip for some reason

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
The format of the Purgatory vs Kengan tournament also sucks. Only having 1 fight to estabilish all these new characters, their backstories and their fighting styles is just too little time, and the manga deals with that by just not developing some of the fighters (mostly on the purgatory side too).

I think Covid lockdowns not letting the authors meet in person probably had an negative effect on the choreography too, it feels way worse than in Asura.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I liked the heads of the Worm just chiiling like 5 metersfrom the kengan guys, lol, but I can't believe they offscreened an Sekibayashi vs Saw Paing fight.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Are we sure the guy Saw Paing fought isn't dead? His face was fully caved in.[ /spoiler]

[spoiler] Also lmao at Himuro losing again

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Why not at least ask him where he learned those techniques Ohma?

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Cosmo vs Saw Paing is basically the finals already, neither would lose to any other fighter here barring a big upset.

I think Cosmo wll have to use his wrestling to have a shot at winning, and then it depends on what point the author wants to make: focusing on his so much strikes made his wrestling way worse, so he loses; or he somehow got even better, and he wins.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
It could use less audience commentary/interruptions, but it was a good fight. I don't know if the next ones will be as good as this one though, since they aren't between 2 long estabilished characters.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Lmao at Kazzy and the girls having beach clothes on São Paulo, and also at the Niko style, again. Other than that, the fight looks promising.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
The idea of this moveis fine, but it really should be something only Rihito could pull off. It's stupid if basically anybody can just learn the Niko style and get to crush bones.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Ryuki thinking he's hot poo poo for being able to kill is pretty funny though, considering he probably would'nt get past the second round of the Anhilation Torunament. He's basically the opposite character arc from Rei, and it's not as fun to watch.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
New chapter

For all the talk of making matches safer and baning killing, they sure don't care about making fighters do multiple matches on the same day huh.Even the Ahnihilation Tournament didn't do that. Ryuuki is icing his face, for god's sake.

In the end though , it's probably so Saw Paing has an excuse when he loses to Rihito.Their fight seems like a fun one at least.

In connector news, saw this and kicked myself for not seeing it before:

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Considering that Saw looked pretty hurt before the fight even started, I think Rihito's taking this one

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Rihito flipped the fight kinda too easily/fast, but it was a cool fight nonetheless. I just hope he can win the next one too

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
That was a good ending. But i doubt we'll see the Koga x Rihito fight now, especially considering how hosed Koga is.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Caidin posted:

It is time to come together renew... our belief in Pro Wrestling.

It never wavered.

Anytime Seki's fighting the manga is at it's best.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Another reason why Kuroki rules, no worm bullshit baggage with him.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
New chapter's up and the knife curse continues.

Can't say I'm a fan of whatever it is the manga is doing right now

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I wish I too could shutdown some of my brain circuits to enjoy what this manga has become

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I would be ok with almost any development if the fight choreography as still as good as Asura, but it's so much worse to me now (especially after the Purgatory tournament).

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Man, it's incredible what those 4000 years of chinese martial arts can do.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I hope he is really proud of his mustache ,and that he changes the style after each fight.Hell, he could even change his fighting style to match each mustache, the comedy possibilities are endless

As an actual development it sucks but whatever, I'm here for the laughs at this point

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This fight wasn't that bad, Kiozan choosing his pride over a more effective move is a good development from his Seki fight.

It's just that I'm tired of the loving Niko style, and the "You were awesome" hyping up someone after they lose is already a meme, stop doing it.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Good thing Arashiyama won, but I still felt this fight wasn't that good.The choreography and flow was all over the place for me.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This is stupid, and not in a good way, but at least it's going preety fast.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
It's also not like Yujiro because he is completely riddiculous, and therefore, very fun to watch. Start beating yourself up so that he doesn't kill you? He sternly nods and says that was the correct decision. Need to get through bullet proof glass? Eh, just walk right through, no biggie. Getting kicked through the ceiling? Just walk back in like nothing happened.

And the most important part, I think, is that Yujiro is always having a good time, and we can see that right on his incredibly drawn face. Shen just has the most bored expression on at all times.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Yujiro (or Baki even) getting a cold is definitely a chapter I could see Itagaki writing.

On less interesting news, about the chapter.I like that Shen just wants to fight and get over with it all, if only he actually had some emotion on his face. i really don't give a poo poo about all the "the Worm was actually protecting you"" stuff, and lol that Hanafusa was enough to get them to agree to a match.

At least Joji and Shen's friendship was given some respect here, I felt like they were better friends than Ryuki and Koga honestly.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I've seen the theory that Kuroki will end up fighting either Yan or the bodyguard dude instead, and I think it's probably more likely too.

If he fights Shen the narrative possibilties don't seem good. Either he loses we're no different than before, and if he wins the manga is just over (though I'd probably like it this way). Maybe he can lose but injure him? Plant a seed of revenge so that Rihito is the one to beat Shen?.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I have to say I did like Shen trying to skirt out of fighting by pretending to not be the connector He should do more of that, and not be some stoic boring dude.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Cool to see some personality for Tiger Niko, and considering his opponents, yeah I'm gonna root for him too .I do hope he shows us a different Niko style though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
That new move is straight out of Baki, and the choreography is fine, so it's a fine chapter. Just don't feel like this fight will have a good/meaningful conclusion though.