Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I've had this on my reading list for ages now. Finally caught up and this is me:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
wait wat he not really doctor? wtf

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I'm expecting things to go sour in the competition, resulting in an all out brawl between factions. This allows the fight losers to be relevant again.

TBH, I preferred the fast paced fights in the brawl vs these fights.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Hellbunny posted:

Sooooooo is there anyway to read the Japanese RAWS? I can only find them in thai which is... weird.
Yeah its actually really hard to find the raws. Had to search using the japanese name and found this site:
http://www.manhuagui.com/comic/15248/

Use google translate

edit: I am completley wrong, turns out I cant tell the difference between japanese and chinese characters. ooops.. I did find this hilarious translation though:

they even translate him into english lol

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 16, 2018

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
No it's not over. It gets worse :( His spirit gets broken.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Why are you linking Danberu in this thread? I must have missed something, same authors?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
It's really annoying coming to this thread to read Kengan Ashura stuff but realise most of the new posts are about another series.

Can you Danberu make your own thread? I'm probably in the minority here.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Fair enough!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
This is SPOILER, if you want to see the outcome of the fight here is the next chapter in Thai:

Spoiler!
http://www.nettruyen.com/truyen-tranh/tokita-ouma-dau-si-atula/chap-100/361755
Spoiler!

Not many talking until the end of the chapter.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

where the red fern gropes posted:

i just realised if you read what nogi actually says

don't look for hidden meanings, just take it completely at face value

the guy nogi hired is a literal janitor

This is hilarious, it fits perfectly if you also consider the guy an employee of Nogi who was hired in a lesser role similar to Rihito. Both were ex-fighters down on their luck who Nogi snapped up because he saw a use for them.

It really elevates Nogi as a contender for the seat.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

DoubleDonut posted:

hey can we maybe, like, not have a ton of black bars about untranslated stuff

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Did I miss something, why did Bando target the Yakuza? It seemed like he was an up and coming med student who threw it all away to slaughter a bunch of gangsters.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

That's exactly what happened. Bando's a great character.
The authors comments on the final page says we might find out more on why

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
For a thai kickboxer, he throws very little kicks or any elbows or knees. I'm guessing this is on purpose for a later reveal.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Begemot posted:

The reveal was this chapter!

He was only using regular boxing and not MMA or kickboxing because he didn't think Kaneda was worth it.
I didn't notice because his stance still seems more boxer than mauythai. He's gotten serious for sure but still not mauythai serious.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
So like I said before, for a mauythai/kickboxer, he sure does throw very little kicks. I reckon in his next match, his kicks are going to be awesome. Unless the writers completely misunderstood mauythai....

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
It's odd for a pro kickboxer to not utilise his legs even if he is a pro boxer. The reach and power that legs provide a too good of an advantage not to be used. Which is why i think in later fighters (not spoiler because I have not read the raws), he will bust out some awesome Mauy Thai.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Here's a linky to the companies and their fighters:
http://kenganashura.wikia.com/wiki/Mion#Mion_.26_Otoichi

I dont think there are any spoilers but maybe :spoiler:

Completely forgot about Ronald Haraguchi. hahahaha

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 13, 2018

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
fu

our boy is going to smash the gently caress out of that bodysuit wearing weirdo.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
booooooyaaaa!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Zerilan posted:

What chapter does that fight begin on again?
Start of that "arc" is 74.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
OHHHH YEAHHHH.

Our boy Okubo with surprise attack.

I know the Fang has no way of losing THIS early but I'm still rooting for Okubo, he's such a good guy. It's a nice change from the assassins and psychopaths and rapists we've seen so far.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Brought To You By posted:

New chapter as well: https://mangadex.org/chapter/408682/1
Okubo is doing great but man does that last page make me think Fang was just rolling with everything for shits and giggles
What did Okubo's comment at the end refer to? His actual body or Fang's fighting style?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:( :( :( :(
:(Okubo :(
:( :( :( :(

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the tournament is great and all, but i'd rather like to know just what the heck is up with ohma
At it's core it's a powerup, just more interesting.

Ohma is suppressing something. My theory is that his master died protecting him, he's an idiot who tried attacking whateverhisnameis. He ends up suppressing a bunch of stuff, including special skills.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Is there a visual breakdown of whos fight who in the next round?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Hate-Senpai posted:

The last chapter has everyone in order except Ouma at the end, so 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, etc. etc.
oh, I did not realise this.

Thanks.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Good spoilers that are properly tagged are the next chapter being translated. Anything more is being a dick.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Ahahaha haven't heard this one before:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

K Prime posted:

It's based on a real saying. The author's really done his research.

The real saying is "Allah cannot see Bahrain." Bahrain is a relatively liberal country by middle eastern standards and a lot of Saudis, Emratis, etc go there for deniable "fun" in a place where the laws are not nearly as punishing and behavior that Wahhabi would kill you for is perfectly normal. Think of it as the Islamic equivalent of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."
Yeah as someone who grew up in the religion I've heard variants of it but never referenced to a particular country. The author(s) really did do great research! Made me laugh.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

ichido reichan posted:

any helpers for manga? anyone? we will train. Disregard the hater
This is so sad.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Does this mean you can poach a fighter, offer them $$$ and pull them out of the match, forcing the other company to either rely on a lovely fighter or forfeit? The rule is for Matsuda more than anyone else, he has some super strong "Fangs" and if Agito takes too much damage he can always sub a new Fang in.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Which company has the shadow CEO that is actually Kazzy's otaku son?

JosephWongKS posted:

My take on which fighters could possibly switch CEOs in the next round, based on observed personality traits and known personal allegiances (or lack thereof) to their current CEOs:

Imai Cosmo (Grappler Boy) – Close buddy with his CEO, as shown in his backstory chapter. Not gonna flip.

Akoya Seishu (Vigilante Cop) – Lovers with his CEO (albeit an abusive relationship). Not gonna flip.

I appreciate the effort and the nicknames! Thanks!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

Under Mount, Inc. Their representative fighter is Kure Raian ("Taboo Descendant"), who beat Mokichi Robinson ("Exterminating Vicar" / "Overprotective Older Brother") in Round 1 and is up against Ohma in Round 2.
Oh poo poo, that means CEO father vs CEO Son! Thanks :)

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:stare: :suspense: :stwoon: :randstare: :staredog:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I believe in our boy Cosmo. Just like I believed in Okubo.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
This match really highlights what the Kengan matches are all about. Companies using people to gain power and status, with absolutely no care about their fighters.

I love the matchup between demented berserker cop vs innocent highschooler. Cosmo really is the most pure of heart fighter, even his techniques are about subduing people, not torturing them. That cop though :stare:, I really hope this match destroys the company and ends his lovely fighting career. But... if Cosmo somehow wins, this is going to be his last fight, which leaves the CEO with an empty spot. Guess who's an awesome fighter, relatively injury free who's CEO is a piece of poo poo spineless coward?

gently caress.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
haha Cosmo playing dirty just like the dirty cop and it scared him.

edit: wait, was she loving her cousin? :stare:

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 20, 2018

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro:
:zoro: IMAI :zoro: COSSSMMOOO :zoro:
:zoro: The king of stranglers. :zoro::zoro:
:zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro: :zoro:

Calling it again: dirty cop is going to replace COSMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy poo poo, did Kazzy also get a shounen power-up?!