Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Didnt julius get hyped up extremely hard at the beginning or am I crazy? For some reason I thought he and the fang were thought to be the strongest going into the first round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If Agito does win this I hope he has a final form that makes his face get unstuck. He's lost a bit of personality in this fight.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I want Gensai to win the whole thing. He's been my favorite the whole time. I like all of the top 4 except Wakatsuki, who just seems like a guy (julius was robbed).

I actually like Agito because he's a fundamentally silly person. He's been beating people down his whole life with his enormous physique and thought his useless "formless" fighting style was the key to his success. He finally reached a level where he had to drop it and is having way less fun now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think using formless was always holding him back, it was a silly thing he stuck with because it felt badass and he could get away with it. He found it really fun which is why he always made that goofy rear end face when he felt like he was leveling up with it. It looks like others around him knew this for a while - Metsudo and the Fang candidate both knew this day would come eventually but he'd have to be pushed hard to really believe it. I think it's also why the fang candidate guy was concerned if the Agito would actually come out stronger from dropping it given how personally important it was to Agito and how so much of why he enjoyed fighting was framed around evolution.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The whole reaction time thing was why he had to drop formless entirely I thought.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Agito's reason for fighting was his formless style. He was fundamentally fighting for himself, he loved doing it, but eventually learned that he was on a fool's errand. When he dropped formless he had to find a new reason to fight and beat people down, and I think his new motivation is to fulfill his duty as the Fang. I think that's what was meant by the bit where he felt he could finally call himself the Fang - he's entirely devoted to that, it's his purpose now.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 15, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think this is probably the most hype fight of the tournament. The writer can either follow or break rules so there's no way of predicting which will happen (I want gensai to win btw).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

it seems mean for a young guy like Ohma to be senselessly dead. I wouldn't mind either way, his death wasn't so affecting that I would feel ripped off if he came back (unlike the source material of Ohma's death picture).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Gensai's friend hanging out with Gensai before the final fight wearing his mask and carrying the rifle was such a stupid but funny gag.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My random guesses for fighters would be:

Cosmo
Fang or the runner up fang guy
Dudley
Rihito
Inaba
Ohmalike
New guy
Sawada
The fast guy who lost to Gensai
Kono?
Karla? Is it even possible?
Gaolang seems too popular to not add but for some reason he seems like a weird fit

That would cover most of the relationships and major characters from part 1 besides Wakatsuki, who is boring and will probably be savaged by a major antagonist before anything happens. Timeskip means anyone's game besides Nezu, because in shonen marriage = written out of the comic.

And muteba possibly on the other side.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 25, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RatHat posted:

Seeing the Yamashita eyes in the hands of an actual fighter would be cool.
yikes

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

if only real fights were this much fun to watch...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It implies that about the CEOs who get to make Big Decisions and live on the edge. The few middle management types have been Kazzy's obnoxious coworker or Kazzy himself, a salaryman who gave up on life. This is probably worse tbh but the whole comic is about the secret world of CEOs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Gensai has the best friendship of all, his friend who wears a mask and assault rifle everywhere. Who else had a bro come to the match just to cheer them on?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

verbal enema posted:

I wonder if he was there to ensure Gensai's victory.

I know a few of one of those random assassin groups had guns i think? So i found it strange hes like waaaay up in a observation platform with a rifle.

An old rear end rifle
It's this guy.

Still wearing the same outfit twenty years later because it's a great gag, my favorite in the manga.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 20, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nick Buntline posted:

ok I give.

have people legitimately forgotten that panel was an edit and the gunman wasn't actually at the tournament? because i thought people were just running with the joke but i'm starting to wonder.
I had no idea that was an edit, I'd swear it was in the actual scanlation I read. I thought it was a funny joke this whole time!

Looking at the images yeah it's same drawings for sure.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think he's never had a near death experience or whatever. He doesnt have that grim seriousness the good fighters activate in this series.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's a trope but Koga doesnt seem to grasp that his life will be on the line in these matches so he has all of these really silly/petty grudges.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

We saw cosmo last season go through the same thing when he realized he doesnt like fighting (it makes you dirty and gross).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think you can read this one two ways

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Raian wasn't drawn like an important character he looks like a generic mid-boss. I never had high hopes for him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

what happened to inaba (hairman)? I forgot.

Jose posted:

So kuroki is already a fighter and we might also get rihito? Seems a bit awkward having the outline only to reveal same chapter it was rihito
I dont think Kuroki signed up unless I missed it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 21, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So will Karla be head over heels for ryuki, or be put off by the resemblance?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So who's the total list of participants?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

a.) There was a sentiment in this thread that it was somehow good and refreshing for Ohma to die pointlessly with no resolution. This never made sense to me and I'd always assumed he was coming back.
b.) Clones don't seem that radical a departure for the series. It's not a topic I find intrinsically interesting but it's like, sure whatever.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 22, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rihito's fighting style is still so gross...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Who doesn't like a big fat schemer who can throw down?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't like Kazzy's scheme. Where is the fun in having corporate disputes settled by having everyone contract out to the same organization? The whole appeal is having to comb the world for weird prospects and finding wacky fighters. The no killing clause is ofc good but it seems like a funsuck in general.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yes, and he'll be congratulated for knowing that Misasa would lure out Yamegahama.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Gensai's 0 for 2 so far on predictions right? "This is a good matchup for Rihito" and "this is a bad matchup for Agito".

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Removal's been a let down, huh? Wrecked by Gensai and Agito easily. that said, I enjoyed the chapter.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

EDIT: n/m, had to read the wiki to catch up on some stuff.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 4, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's possible we'll be told Raian knew he had the knife so killing him instantly was an act of self-preservation. Which wouldn't be entirely wrong though obviously raian enjoyed killing him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I wouldn't be surprised if the decision for Alan's win was reversed later for drama. The Purgatory head was very specific about accepting the loss if Wu used the knife and we're shown a frame of his holding the knife in the last issue. (Doesn't really matter though.)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

How did this chapter build up so much tension... I am so invested in what is up with this dude now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This whole situation does make you wonder how Meguro ever made it to 33 years old. If I'm following correctly Masaki was identified as a crazy genius at 14, cloned then, and the new Masaki actually lived a normal life? So we're still talking about clones living full lives, not showing up full-grown out of a vat?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

golden bubble posted:

In another reminder of how manga numbers are BS, I'd like to remind everyone that Nicolas is officially the same height as Ohma and a kilo heavier than Ryuki.
They all seem to have similar physiques. No doubt manga numbers are BS, but I'm not sure what you mean in this case.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm assuming they're getting pressure from somewhere. A lot of manga aggregators have shut down recently and no way do you just delete hundreds to thousands of hours of your work without being compelled to.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wakatsuki's body is total bullshit, what would a fair loss for him even look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

In next chapter, it turns out that the technique killed Fei, giving Purgatory yet another victory as was their master plan all along.
I mean... it sure seems that way.