Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The thing the connector says about not expecting to find a master like you in japan. What country is supposed to have the masters? china? the inside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I can feel it. This chapter is the start of a new golden age.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I like it his old look never did it for me. Plus it creates some contrast between his resting state and his crazy face.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 21, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Taima posted:

I just got into Kengan Ashura, I'm just wondering if there's any place to read it legally? I looked around online and haven't had much luck.

I'm about 15 chapters in and I feel like I've laughed out loud so many times. The art is out of this world. I assume most people compare this to Baki? Which one is normally preferred?

Tried to get into Baki last year but had a hard time understanding the watch order and kinda lost interest but I should really pick it up again. The youtube Baki/Breaking Bad crossover anime mini-episodes are a work of absolute art.
Baki has some really unforgettable moments/concepts but after a while half or more of it feels like a shitpost. It's appreciated in its own unique way due to how singular and nonsense Itagaki's worldview seems to be and how simultaneously silly and grotesque it is. Halfway through the series Itagaki decides that being a mime is somehow an indication of extreme power so characters start showing off by interacting with imaginary objects convincingly. Just constant WTF is happening here.

In terms of the actual combat Kengan Ashura is a whole lot better and it's more recognizable as like a narrative.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 18, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

yum posted:

someone in the kengan subreddit pointed out that Shen has only used the black background-white text speech bubble twice: Once when he declared himself earth's immune system, and this chapter when he wanted more wine. It hints that this is the Tiger connector slipping through.

This suggests that Jackie isn’t aware that this is happening and the Tiger has more control than he realizes. It also suggests Jackie likes beer while the Tiger prefers wine.

I dont remember what the Tiger's relationship with Niko is. I know Ohma is the Tiger Vessel and both other Niko and Tiger seem to like wine but I don't know their connection otherwise beyond their shared familiarity with Gaoh Mukaku.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

A tournament of top tiers with no adcance, no superman syndrome? Am I dreaming?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's good to post it, it's the official release and at a minimum the URL tells everyone what chapter # just released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

You guys probably follow translation news more closely than I do, have any of you heard about this beforehand?

https://twitter.com/AniNewsAndFacts/status/1787914526685347902?t=pB4HY6q4pfCBqnCqno9yRQ&s=19
The TL group that was doing kengan suddenly stopped uploading at some point (when the series was still very hot) and they said a bunch of confusing stuff about not being able to explain why for now. Eventually it came out they were doing the official EN translation. So this tweet basically gives an explanation as to how that happened. This was a while back maybe even during Ashura. That tweet itself is confusing I wasnt even aware of the existence of Comikey back then but now Comikey is the one done by the former fan translators and has been for a while.