Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Man the artstyle really changed from looking at the untranslated raws. Honestly, I like both styles, but the difference is pretty noticeable. The lines are less sketchy I guess? Hatsumi Sen in particular looks way different than when he was first introduced. I think I like how he's drawn in the newer chapters more, he didn't really look like the handsome martial-art-archetype-only-older when he was first introduced. But he definitely looks like he could be an older, non-tanned, Suiryu from one punch man now

Also gensai owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Wiki says Gaolang was voted the most popular character of the series by far. Lots of Thai fans I suppose

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

This is one of my favourite panels of Jun.

The eye thing worked pretty well at the start of the manga IMO. It really sold the fighters as monstrous beings by making them look deranged.. As the story progressed Into the tournament though we learn that the fighters are actually pretty chill outside the fight which really humanize them so I think losing the eye thing was a good decision.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Cosmo's master is the director of a osteopathic clinic that the teacher frequents. But in danberu he's a she??? Might be a translation thing

https://mangadex.org/chapter/7723/1

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I hope it becomes a running gag that people want to fight Ryuki when they first meet and he has no idea why.

Also, I bet Kazuo’s eldest son is going to join Purgatory.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
If you combine the two MCs you basically get Ohma. Koga has Ohma's seeker "I must be the strongest" attitude while Gaoh has the Niko style + he looks like Ohma. I wonder how its going to go down, will Koga pick up some Niko style from Gaoh or will Gaoh gain some passion from Koga? Cause at the moment he seems like another emotionless Agito type character.

This chapter makes Gaoh similar to Setsuna, chill and normal dude unless you mention Ohma Worm which turns him into a murder man. That might be why Kaede and Kazuo don't seem to trust him, his motivations are unclear, he's no straightforward Koga or Ohma.

Can't wait till next week

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

AtomikKrab posted:

He's gonna Get GUD (tm)

what if he's the new kazuo sideline character

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
It’s going to end up better looking than Kengan if it isn’t using that terrible 3D stuff

Edit: watched the clip, it uses 3D but it looks better then what I saw of the Netflix preview for Kengan

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Betcha eating massive amounts of food will be the most difficult part of Koga’s wrestling training.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
There's definitely going to be some kind of mix up with the Kengan lineup to keep things from becoming too predictable and to introduce more characters. With 13 slots, one of the old Kengan Asura fighters will probably be substituted at the last moment by some hot new wildcard fighter (that's not Koga or Ryuki)

Probably not Gaolong since he was the winner of the fan poll in Kengan Asura but I could see Waka or Seki, if he's even participating, being replaced

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
My guess for his two flaws:

His body doesn't match pro wrestling style. Jose mentions that he's pretty thin and asked him if he's been eating right. Seki mentions that Koga hasn't actually gotten any stronger, just that he has adapted to it. IRL you can't really gain any noticible improvements in strength in a mere 2 weeks but this is the Kengan Asura universe so who knows. Ryuki notices how much bulkier and denser Jose's muscles are. Kengan Asura and Danberu always talk about how bulking and eating is the most important and hardest part of pro wrestling training. The eating scene post-training this chapter couldn't have been a coincidence, especially since Koga neglected it to train more instead.

Second flaw I have no idea. Maybe it's because he's missing a special move or trump card. If he's just copying other people, he can't do anything an experienced fighter won't expect

yum fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 25, 2019

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

No Wave posted:

I think he's never had a near death experience or whatever. He doesnt have that grim seriousness the good fighters activate in this series.

Yeah, rereading this chapter again you're probably right. His motivation is pretty vague (catch up to Ohma/Ryuki...?) and he's lacking that "killing intent" stuff that's in every fighting manga.

Making crazy murder faces isn't a substitute I suppose.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

from the prologue

Unless the translation is off, looks like Koga wants to survive a fight to the death, not win one.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Poltergrift posted:

Isn't surviving a fight to the death winning a fight to the death, by definition? You either win or you die.

Oh. Yes it is.

I should get more sleep seeing as I'm having trouble interpreting dialogue from a translated fightman comic

Mindblast posted:

The way it is written it looks less like a goal, and more like an example of what it would be useful for.

sounds a lot like Julius' philosophy

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Is Ryuki teaching Koga flame kata?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Diggin how Koga is willing to learn anything from anyone while Ryuki is pretty shut off and single minded. That's gonna bite him in the rear end in the future

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Jose posted:

Koga has been getting owned in fights constantly though

For now!!!

Just wait till they have a skate off to decide the finals my boy Kogas got this

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Is this guy Hatsumi's cousin? Kinda giving similar vibes

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

His face may be modelled after a leaner and eyebrow-less Andre the Giant:

Andre with his scary face on (the third ones a statue but you get the point).

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
tag team of Ryuki + Koga next chapter?? That worm dude watching the TV requested backup for his (now dead) student. Or maybe the dude will arrive late since he didn’t seem that motivated to come from the phone conversation. It’d help clear up Koga’s misunderstandings and provide some more backstory about the Worm and Ryuki’s past. Anything to protect their beautiful friendship.

Also my bet is on Akoya. I’ve always wanted to see how Ohma would’ve fared against Akoya. How do you handle a guy who’s the same size as Seki, has super human reaction time which would make it super difficult to use redirection/indestructible katas, and is a fanatical murderer without being the King of Bullshit Cosmo?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Akoya can react to a kick that's in mid swing while off balance

what the hell how did cosmo even beat him

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Brought To You By posted:

Same reason Ohma beat Raian, incredibly flimsy writing. Two of the worst fights in the series back to back.

Oh yeah that was bullshit as well. Raian was supposed to be physically superior to Wakatsuki, not even considering the Kure techniques that he refused to use.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
That comment about whether the worm dude had met Mr. Yamashita gave him away. Yamashita seems like the type to be close to his employees, there’s no way they’ve only met once

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Ytlaya posted:

Didn't Cosmo say something that triggered him? Like implied that his justice was bullshit or something. I remember Cosmo did something that made Akoya really mad.

He went for the nuts

Which was what Ryuki did too now that I think about it

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Agito will lose to the ex-Fang to show how powerful our boy Koga has become

unlikely

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I just don’t see Kokoro qualifying for the tournament after seeing how easily his face got caved in by Koga

I really like Toku² as a fighter name

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Caidin posted:

I mean to be fair Toku² is in and and he got completely destroyed in one page!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Koga is gonna dump on the chump who steals Ohmas face

Or he’s going to talk poo poo and get hit again

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
What the gently caress Jesus Christ

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

tweet my meat posted:

This is a twist so loving wild that I'd normally be worried they'd gently caress it up and make it stupid, but I trust the Kengan team enough that I'm 100% on board.

Yeah, ordinarily this is something that would make me drop a series but I’m actually really excited and curious how they’re going to handle this. Will there be three protagonists now?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I hope he beats all the goons then promptly drops dead cause it'll be hard for the Koga + Ryuki bro team to compete with the Raian + Ohma

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
52 chapters later, the REAL protagonist shows up as Koga is sidelined for the remainder of the series to recover from his injuries Himaro style

In all seriousness, was Ohma’s “death” just a clever way to introduce a new protagonist without the fan base complaining about more Ohma screen time? I wonder how the focus will be divided between Koga, Ryuki, Ohma, and Yamashita from now on

Also real cold of Yamashita to just ditch Koga like that

yum fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 27, 2020

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Ohma is going to job to the New Fang so Koga can beat his rear end

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Wonder if Ohma has developed a modified advance after learning some Kure secrets that won’t auto kill his heart. If he’s to be the new head of the Kure family it’d be odd if he didn’t have some kind of transformation gimmick

Also I bet Ryuki will want to murder Ohma on sight or something because he’ll think Ohma is associated with the Worm. Ryuki have to get in line behind Koga

Ohma definitely outclasses them both though

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

RatHat posted:

I'm guessing Ryuki is the original and Ohma was a clone from the start.

Ohma is 7 years older than Ryuki though

I think Ryuki is a clone that his grandfather adopted and trained after busting up a Worm facility. Maybe he ended up destroying all the other test tubes babies but couldn’t bring himself to murder a toddler Ryuki

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I guess this means Muteba declined the request... or the favour was for something else, maybe investigating the worm/Purgatory?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
#2 bottom left panel and the panel in #5 looks really convincing

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I feel like Ryuki is the one who is most out of place here. Dude is a complete new comer and fought in only 3 Kengan matches so far I think. I guess he has Yamashita’s blessing and he looks like Ohma so everyone’s cool with it.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I feel like another reason that Toyoda is nice to Kazzy and the Kengan Krew is because that he is super confident that he will win the tournament. If he become the boss, they're going to be working together in the future anyways.

Same reason why he helped the Kengan Association with the worm, once he becomes boss, they're going to be his problem as well. I suspect he purposely allowed the worm to infiltrate Purgatory as part of his plan to expose them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Kind of weird that Gaolong didn't consider rules and technicalities such as the possibility of a ringout when he's a) a a famous public fighter and b) he won his match against Saw Paing when he was a teenager through judges ruling in his favor