Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Golashes posted:

that TD in septuple coverage rules though

Yeah it was an amazing catch and so fitting that virtuosity at a sport would gently caress up Vince's plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Even this football story is unbelievable :psyduck:

Yet another thing that, if they'd just taken time, probably wouldn't have been an issue.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I 100% would buy that if Vince found out who forgot to put gas in the generator he would hire someone to kill them.

hire someone? he'd probably just book it to kill them in the ring live at wrestlemania.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

schweens posted:

Bubba the cameraman is a coward

I lay the leagues failure squarely at his feet

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

joshtothemaxx posted:

hire someone? he'd probably just book it to kill them in the ring live at wrestlemania.

I would have a morbid curiosity to see that

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I bet they have so much tape of ventura blaming the xfl's collapse on fluoridated water

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler as a PBP and color analyst on two separate broadcast teams.

No gas in the generator.

A great football game which was seen as bad because it encroached on a lovely late-night "comedy" show.

Young Rock.

This is amazing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Oh God Mike Adamle

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, Rodney Dangerfield.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rodney Dangerfield :psypop:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Benne posted:

Oh God Mike Adamle

My eye just twitched.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I do not remember this part of the XFL at all :stare:

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Dango Bango posted:

no one does. at all

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wish Vince would've choked out Costas, in retrospect.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Vince on Costas was always a disaster for Vince

Dango Bango posted:

like most people, you probably weren't watching

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

If bob costas would just apologize they would stop pushing roman reigns

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Vince actually admitting he got schooled in the Costas interview :psypop:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

Vince on Costas was always a disaster for Vince

The more I learn about Costas the more I think he is a gigantic raging rear end in a top hat though.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

"diminutive"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Costas was just straight trolling and Vince bit.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The more I learn about Costas the more I think he is a gigantic raging rear end in a top hat though.

Costas is a massively elitist tool who believes sports must be done the "right way" no matter what.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm surprised Vince didn't book Costas to get squashed by Kane

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

joshtothemaxx posted:

Costas is a massively elitist tool who believes sports must be done the "right way" no matter what.

Exactly.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

I'm surprised Vince didn't book Costas to get squashed by Kane

He probably tried for the next 7 years but Costas wouldn't bite

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bob Costas is a weenie for sure but between this and the one where Vince slaps the papers out of an interviewers hands and calls him a pussy for caring about wrestlers health he should avoid hostile interviews (or not because they rule)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm sure he is and become more sure every time I forget to mute SNF during halftime, but he was good at his job in an interview format. He's more likeable the less you know what he actually thinks.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

oatgan posted:

Bob Costas is a weenie for sure but between this and the one where Vince slaps the papers out of an interviewers hands and calls him a pussy for caring about wrestlers health he should avoid hostile interviews (or not because they rule)

Watching vince get owned rules. I hope when steph's book comes out she has a similar moment

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

100% for sure. The two aren't mutually exclusive, I just really hate Bob Costas after watching this whole thing.

Also this is :smith:: as gently caress.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

John Anderson was on SC in 2001? :psyduck:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

So the XFL became a one-year testbed for a bunch of ideas which were absorbed into the NFL anyway (cable cam, micing players, flashy intros). Wow.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Vince is such a sociopath.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is this the Table For 3 venue? :v:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

So the XFL became a one-year testbed for a bunch of ideas which were absorbed into the NFL anyway (cable cam, micing players, flashy intros). Wow.

I think this is the best part. Vince's crazy loving ideas were just ahead of their time and/or required the best players to make work. Their production value was A#1 (except for forgetting to put gasoline in the generator hahahaha).

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Holy poo poo are they teasing a new loving league with Vince-NBC-Jerry Jones?!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I honestly didn't know Vince and Ebersol were such close friends

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dick Ebersol invented football on Sunday night

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh get hosed Costas.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

joshtothemaxx posted:

Vince's crazy loving ideas were just ahead of their time and/or required the best players to make work.

I mean, yeah, but there's also the complete non-starter with the safety issues on some of those ideas today.

Holy poo poo smug rear end Costas at the end.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao god that closing actually makes me wish vince had smacked costas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

100% for sure. The two aren't mutually exclusive, I just really hate Bob Costas after watching this whole thing.

Also this is :smith:: as gently caress.

bob costas owns because he made vince look like an rear end in a top hat chump
not that vince needs much help

• Locked thread