Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He has burnouts fairly regularly but it was a fairly innocuous post in this thread ...

I don't get people who go to QCS to shitpost, let alone to defend a guy with a rapsheet like nooner, and in a thread where people have started getting huge probations. What did he think was going to happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Aphrodite posted:

Fury Road probably could also have done that stuff in CGI and nobody would have noticed.

Uh yeah, some folks would have. Because cgi cars are visibly different from real ones. Condolences for your malfunctioning eyes.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Aphrodite posted:

Fury Road already has plenty of computer inserted cars.

No poo poo. What's your point?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Elfface posted:

Imgur has stopped letting you upload from tablets, so pretend I posted that Family Circus.

The "request desktop version" option in your browser of choice will bring that upload button back.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jamesman posted:

Kroenen was an interesting enough character, but it's still kinda weird to see someone dressing up as a nazi for fun.

Agreed. A clockwork zombie Nazi ninja is still a Nazi.

Though it is a bitchin character design.

Sentient Data posted:

Nazis were terrible, but they had great fashion designers. That said, I would still be wary of wearing their symbols out in public, costume or not

Friendly reminder that SS unforms were designed by Hugo Boss, and various tank parts were made by Porsche. And then there's Bayer...

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 03:40 on Jan 4, 2018

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

3 was great right up until the ending. I just wish I'd stopped immediately before that.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Cleretic posted:

Hey, I was being kind, which I have to be because I'm the only person on the planet that thinks Mass Effect 1 was the best one.

Nah, I agree.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

John Murdoch posted:

Andromeda was like a dry run for how EA handled that canceled Star Wars game, except Andromeda actually came out.

Andromeda was one of those games where it would have been an ok game if only it hadn't been hitched to a superior IP. Not remarkable, but at least not worthy of ridicule.

Even as it was, I wish they'd release their plans for where they meant the story to go. I have some kind of brain disease that makes me finish series even when I can tell it's not going anywhere good.

On a mostly unrelated note, maybe it's the rum talking but I'd play the hell out of a krogan dating sim.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

HaB posted:

This. Andromeda's chief problem was: you went from a trilogy of games in which you were literally the savior of the Universe, to a game where you are basically a space Real Estate agent. That tends to dull the excitement a bit.

I meant that it caused the game to be judged in comparison to actual quality games, rather than on its own merits. It wasn't a great game, but it wasn't poo poo. It was just so much worse than any of the first three it was impossible not to be continually disappointed by the wildly varying quality of quests, lack of world reactivity, various technical issues, and lack of romancable krogan.

That last one is shared with the original trilogy, it was just more forgivable in better games.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Choco1980 posted:

The idea of a crown that turns a character into a Peach Hybrid is funny, and not so out there now that Cappy is a thing. The thing that gets me is how much all the fan art automatically goes the terrible route and has every single "-ette" have huge boobs and wearing skimpy, revealing costumes. Which is nothing at all like how Peach looks herself. Nerds ruin everything.

In Super Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl, if you hit pause and swiveled the camera you could see that Peach had texture mapped panties. Subsequent games gave her a black groinal abyss. This ridiculous censorship shows that we're moving backward as a socie- :suicide:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Mad Dragon posted:

I love it, but I am concerned - I discovered that having a spider icon on a desktop was enough to cause phobia triggers. Stay safe and if someone freaks out, maybe have something to cover the costume around? It was a nice monitor, but broken screens aren't tackled people.

In case it isn't clear, this is one of the replies. The follow-up:

quote:

@veronicalunalu I realize this may sound a little off, but no, literally, a six foot tall man smashed my monitor in a spider freakout. I would rather tell you about that and warn you, than have something like that happen to you in person.

I think it's safe to say the monitor puncher needs professional help.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Vietnamwees posted:

What is that even supposed to be a cosplay of, exactly!?

https://twitter.com/AcorazadoGX/status/1211506750630846464

DaemonXMachina, I think.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ultrafilter posted:

I've always heard it as tits on a boar. Must be a regional thing.

I've always said "tits on a fish" but that might just be me.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jedit posted:

I wish people would stop posting that low-cost cosplay guy. He started out fine, but it's become increasingly obvious that it's become his fetish rather than his hobby. He's getting half naked all the time now, even in cosplays like that Trump one where he's fully dressed.

Oh no, a fetish, my kryptonite

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It's both.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It's the nunchuck that connects to the wiimote

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Is it though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Vinylshadow posted:

I totally didn't ugly-laugh at Boun-tea Hunter

It's Boba Tea Fett. The dots resident the bubbles, I think.