Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Do the purple or tuft and needle mattresses have any latex? I'm allergic as all hell and looking for a new mattress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

Purple is suing one of the mattress review blogs. Not a good look for them.

https://www.honestmattressreviews.com/purple-sues-honest-reviews/

Yeah apparently there's a white powder that coats the inside that's a proprietary secret. I see "white powder coating" and I think of latex, but it's supposed to be some form of plastic.

This is what their website says:

Here are the details about the inert non-toxic plastic powder that we invented to solve our packaging conundrum:

It is NOT a talc powder. Talc is a mineral and our plastic powder contains no talc whatsoever, or any mineral for that matter.
It is chemically inactive, AKA an inert substance.
It is a food-contact-grade material, meaning that this family of plastic materials can be used for eating utensils, children’s toys, etc.
It is 100% non-toxic and is completely harmless.
You can think of it being as safe as eating with a plastic fork, so you can rest easy on our bed! In fact, it may be even safer—no Purple product ever stabbed anyone in the lip!

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 26, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pilsner posted:

His father slept with his rear end on that uncomfortable hunk of mattress for two years.

Two long years, he slept with his rear end on that mattress. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the mattress. I slept on that uncomfortable hunk of mattress, on my rear end, for two years. Then, after four years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give this mattress to you.