Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Discotek announced yesterday that they'll be rereleasing the first Nanoha series, dub and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice, hope they get the rest of the series eventually

Off the subject but in terms of western magical girl shows how’s W.I.T.C.H. out of curiosity? The theme song rocks but I’ve never really seen anything regarding the show itself

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Pretty good but its a Wiseman joint so don't go expecting things to wrap up nicely.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Pretty good but its a Wiseman joint so don't go expecting things to wrap up nicely.

I’ve heard there’s a comic as well that’s a bit better in that regard

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ironically I'm not sure of it's status publishing wise. Yen Plus was publishing it and a bunch of other Disney comics -including Wizards of Mickey and even as far as being on Comixology-, but after Amazon shanked comixology and desecrated the still-breathing corpse, the Mouse's suits smelt blood and an excuse to be awful and pulled their comics from Amazon's E-Comic Store.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 19, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Ironically I'm not sure of it's status publishing wise. Yen Plus was publishing it and a bunch of other Disney comics -including Wizards of Mickey and even as far as being on Comixology-, but after Amazon shanked comixology and desecrated the still-breathing corpse, the Mouse's suits smelt blood and an excuse to be awful and pulled their comics from Amazon's E-Comic Store.

I’ve found a source for it at least, apparently it ran for a decent 139 issues

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Otona 3: This week we see Karen dealing with a particularly stubborn patient who reminds her of her old self, get some shipping fuel with her and Milk (whose fairy form hasn’t changed at all just like Syrup and Nuts), the two of them regain their powers during a Shadow attack on the hospital (still with stock transformation footage unfortunately), and Saki and Mai have finally entered the picture and appear to be the focus of next week’s episode.

Also a time flower didn’t bloom for Kurumi so it’s possible she just never lost her powers to begin with

Based on the preview it seems Bunbee finally shows up next week as well and yes, the Splash Star and Yes 5 girls do in fact know each other

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 21, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's fitting that Karen was the second to transform here but was last in the original series. But not S funny as Kurumi getting so hammered she transforms back into a fairy

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Meanwhile back in Hirogaru, this week we get a Tsubasa episode where the gang travel to a floating island in Skyland and meet a tribe of dino-dragons that separated from the mainland because the people feared them (Skearhead seems to be aware of them as well, which might lead credence to Undergu being a former Skylandian). Decent fight too involving giant leaves

Next Time: Halloween (which will likely either be either the last/next to last standalone episode or perhaps the start of the series endgame as the preview was kind of barebones)

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2023-10-26/sailor-moon-naoko-takeuchi-illustrates-single-cover-art-for-blackpink-jennie/.203829

The art looks nice.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It seems the all male Precure stage show Dancing Stars will be getting a home release in April (which might increase the likelihood of someone actually subbing it eventually)

https://twitter.com/precure_stage/status/1718070822529892470?t=3JlbgxiEP-zPYu3dOzTLGA&s=19

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As for Otona, this week we check in with the Splash Star girls as well as Bunbee (seems the latter’s company went under and he now works in maintenance, meanwhile Mai is now a graphic designer while Saki’s taken over the family business). We even get a new eyecatch exclusive to them

It seems that Saki is in fact engaged but thankfully not to Mai’s brother, Mai was also in a relationship it seems but got dumped. They’re attacked by Shadows but Bunbee helps them out (seems he can still turn into his monster form)

No Precure action this week sadly (though Bloom and Egret appear in the eyecatch so it’s possible Saki and Mai will get their chance later) but the pair do join the Yes 5 crew at least

Next Time: Coco and Nuts

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 28, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Halloween Episode was amazing. Cure Pumpkin !

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Halloween Episode was amazing. Cure Pumpkin !

Ironically Battamonda still got a better transformation sequence than Mashiro

Also reminder that we’re only getting an Otona episode next week due to the annual relay race

Since we appear to be coming down to the wire now I’ll be curious to see if Hirogaru gets a Christmas episode (if so it’ll most likely be like Suite’s where everything goes to hell for our heroes)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 29, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Otona 5: This week Coco and Nuts return, Nozomi and Milk transform again (also we learn that the time flowers that have been popping up might not necessarily be a good thing), Bell confronts Nozomi directly and we learn a little more about her motivations and the Kiryuu sisters finally get some lines (based on that one shot of their bodies I guess they can age after all)

Next time it’s Rin’s turn to join the fight

Also reminder that due to the annual race this is the only Precure we’re getting today

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cut to the fairies and we have a kingdom that's having a water crisis due to deforestation sure is a mood

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 11, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Otona 6: This week Rin is having troubles with work and doesn’t think she has what it takes to be a Precure again after prioritizing a competition over her mission, the girls are finally told about the Time Flowers but Nozomi decides to push ahead anyway, we finally see a new type of Shadow and get more Michiru and Kaoru content (who seem to be able to predict where Shadows are going to appear though it’s still weird Saki doesn’t recognize them), and Rin ultimately becomes Cure Rouge again (interestingly unlike the others we actually see her start the transformation in adult form before switching over to a kid like the others, I think she gets a new morph sequence as well)

Also either the two towns are neighbors or the Yes 5 crew live in Yuunagi now (Rin and Karen visit Saki’s family shop in this episode as well as the Sky Tree)

Next week it’s Urara’s turn (also human Syrup)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also apparently the entire Star Twinkle manga got fully fan translated last year

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

So I haven't seen the new episode of Hirogaru, but "Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken" is trending alongside #Precure and #Majesty on Japanese Twitter so I'm suddenly super excited to learn more.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

So I haven't seen the new episode of Hirogaru, but "Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken" is trending alongside #Precure and #Majesty on Japanese Twitter so I'm suddenly super excited to learn more.

It’s not as bad/interesting as some fans have been making it out to be: Elle misunderstands what weddings are because she’s a baby (she basically just thinks it’s a “friends forever” thing), the gang hold a mock wedding between her and Tsubasa to make her happy, she gets upset with him the next day because he won’t play with her, they make up and everything goes back to normal (Wing and Majesty do perform a double Rider Kick souped up by Ageha on the MOTW that’s kind of cool though and also what the hashtag was referring to)

Next week seems to be more interesting though as the plot returns with a vengeance (the preview shows Battamonda being directly confronted by Skearhead and based on summaries the latter apparently tells Sora a lie that’s big enough to still be affecting her in the following episode)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 12, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good Urara episode this week and we (sort of) finally see the Kiryuus in person. Also we have an unexpected guest star next time:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UKQ-5WnEErw

Surprised she’s still alive honestly, wonder if that means we might get a Nagisa and/or Honoka appearance before the series is over

Apparently Hikari was shown in Rin’s contact list last week as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 18, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Meanwhile in Hirogaru, the plot returns this time around as Mashiro enters another contest but comes down with a case of writers block, meanwhile Battamonda is getting tired of his lot in life and wants to get back into the Empire (also we learn Kabaton has started running his own potato stand and is apparently pretty popular with the kids and we even get a Minoton cameo to boot as well as a look into Monda’s past)

Monda tries to discourage Mashiro again this time by recounting his own personal experience but she winds up striking a nerve and causing him to run off, bringing him face to face with Skearhead.

Mashiro foils an assassination attempt by the latter and after the monster fight Sora for once tries engaging Skearhead directly but gets smacked down (we do get a fun little Gorenger Storm bit during the fight though) and in the end Monda seems to have been inspired a bit by Mashiro’s words

Next time Shalala comes to earth as we follow up a bit from the end of this, the captain’s looking a little suspicious in one part of the preview as well but we’ll see how that goes

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 19, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Otona 8: This week the Yes 5 crew is complete as Komachi discovers that the Shadow incidents are only occurring in and around their town and decides to do some investigating. Following a tip from an acquaintance of hers she meets with Honoka’s grandmother Sanae who says the town had been devastated after WW2 and that Bell is the name of an angel that was once revered by it.

Following Sanae’s story she investigates the clock tower with Coco and Nozomi and winds up involved in a Shadow attack where Komachi regains her powers. At the end the time flower starts to glow and Nozomi briefly collapses (implying there might be a downside to their powers)

Next time (maybe) it’s finally Saki and Mai’s turn

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The trademark is finally out, the 21st season will be called Wonderful Precure

https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/1729879582587965648

From the logo it looks like this one will be animal themed

Edit: Seems like it’s specifically dog themed, translating the title literally you get “Wanderful Precure” (“wan” being Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound a dog makes)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 29, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i kinda feel like we're recycling themes at this point

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

i kinda feel like we're recycling themes at this point

Not really, KiraKira did animals but they weren’t the main focus (though Healin Good sort of did that too). Similarly, Delicious Party was about food in general while KiraKira was exclusively about sweets

That said, the longer the show goes on for the more likely they are to reuse a theme or two (look at Super Sentai for example)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eagerly awaiting a Youtuber precure in 5 years when current kids trends finally reaches the bosses of Toei

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
A whole season of just dogs after KiraKira had all different animals sounds a bit too specific.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Eagerly awaiting a Youtuber precure in 5 years when current kids trends finally reaches the bosses of Toei

We had a blogger Precure just last season so that’s not even out of the realm of possibility

Justin_Brett posted:

A whole season of just dogs after KiraKira had all different animals sounds a bit too specific.

It’s possible the theme is still animals in general and it’s only the title that’s a dog pun

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the website for the new series is up, the tagline at the top is “Good Luck Everyone! Wandaful!” but the rest is the same stock preview text as every other series

https://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/wonderful_precure

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Smh at Toei cashing in on the popularity of GOTY Nominee Super Mario Bros. Wonder. :argh:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Julias posted:

Smh at Toei cashing in on the popularity of GOTY Nominee Super Mario Bros. Wonder. :argh:

I’ll give them credit for the dog pun at least

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Symphogear XDU is shutting down in January and maybe we get details on the new project around than

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Symphogear XDU is shutting down in January and maybe we get details on the new project around than

I’m still hoping for an anime revival (even if it’s just an adaption of some of the mobile game stories)

Back to Precure, hopefully Crunchyroll doesn’t wait until the last minute to announce the new season again and that Toei doesn’t cut the baton pass out of the subbed Hirogaru finale like they have in the past few seasons (but it wouldn’t surprise me if they do)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also some new titles are out:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1730258039557734493

Unless the final arc is two episodes long I’m guessing this series is going to be more than 48 episodes.

44 and 45 intrigue me though (curious if we’re getting a last minute crossover or if this is a legendary Cure exclusive to Hirogaru) and the only girl we know of in the Empire is the Empress herself unless they pull the trigger on Shalala like was strongly hinted at last week or something else happens

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A Symphogear movie has been announced along with a new music project:

https://twitter.com/YameteTomete/status/1730512854745325733

Edit: Also the Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card manga finally finished today

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 2, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Splash Star made a return in this weeks Otona (along with the Kiryuu sisters finally revealing themselves and joining the team) and in Hirogaru the Big Bad has arrived

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ny7NU88C70w

Looks like we’re finally meeting Empress Undergu in the flesh next week (her design is kind of giving me a Queen of Hearts vibe)

Nice to know Teen Elle isn’t just an in between state she uses to transform either (though we did see her for a bit when Majesty first appeared as well)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems like we’ve already got a potential leak for Wonderful Precure:

The names are apparently:

Pink: Cure Wonderful

Purple: Cure Friendy

Green: Cure Lillian

Blue: Cure Nyammy (this one in particular sounds corny enough to make me think this is real)

Not bad if they turn out to be legit but I’m not really seeing the animal theme presented in the title/logo either. Guess we’ll have to wait and see

That said, it is nice to see a green(ish) Cure again for the first time since Star Twinkle

Edit: And now we’ve got a full body picture, either this is real or someone put a lot of effort into this fake:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 3, 2023