Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

The English in it is like playing Wild Arms 2
I can't believe someone beat me to posting this. I can't believe anyone besides me played it. My memories of that game are like a fever dream. I guess the main character was kind of a magic girl, though?

Sailor Moon may not be the original magical girl series, but it holds up way better than just about anything that precedes it, and defined what we think of as the standard template for the genre these days. Was there anything that beat it to the 'sentai but they're all magic princesses instead' forumla?

lets hang out posted:

Please recommend more cool shows to me that are not the ones in the op or symphogear or wixoss or yuyuyu or symphogear thank you
Princess Tutu, the only show good enough to make me admit I watched a show called Princess Tutu in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Utena is good, and the curry episode showcases its absurdist sense of humor to great effect. But the show was never meant for a younger audience, and it can get pretty dark. Not like Madoka, either. It's more... sinister in how it goes about things.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Tamba posted:

A magical girls thread?
I've started playing Blue Reflection, which is pretty much "Magical Girls - the RPG"
https://my.mixtape.moe/fqxkfz.webm

There are english trophies, which usually is a sign that a translation is going to happen.
A magical girl JRPG sounds like it could be a good time, but man that art style is not working for me at all.