Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busydelicious
Jan 5, 2009

they call it chivalry
never pull a punch for free
I watched Symphogear and I liked the first episode, but then (imo) it just got continually worse and predictable the more it went on. It was the small stuff that added up. Like the chick in the anime saying 'if this were an anime', the whole thing with how there's a government facility within the school that couldn't influence Hibiki's grades, obvious bad guy, climax song only being legit the first episode in, creepy fetishsizing, etc.

If all of these things hadn't been done to death in other shows, it probably would have been ok... Tbh, I was impressed at how much I ended up being frustrated with it.

Although, it was totally the first time I really was rooting for the bad guy to win. Major 'The Tick' flashbacks towards the end there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU