Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

A magical girls thread?
I've started playing Blue Reflection, which is pretty much "Magical Girls - the RPG"
https://my.mixtape.moe/fqxkfz.webm

There are english trophies, which usually is a sign that a translation is going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Can't really say yet, that video was the first boss, and the story so far was mostly the main character being sad about no longer being able to dance ballet due to a knee injury.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I'm now halfway through the game (going by chapter numbers) and so far it has been 90% High School life. The RPG parts are really irrelevant so far, so you probably shouldn't get it if you're expecting anything on that front. They've introduced almost all the side characters now, maybe something will happen eventually.

The language isn't difficult since isn't mostly daily life stuff, but only the main story is voiced. All the side-character content (think S-Links in Persona games) doesn't get voice acting, and there is a LOT of that, so if you're relying on voice acting to understand things, you're going to have a hard time.
also

Sakurazuka posted:

Literally everything Gust and Koei Tecmo do nowadays gets an English translation so I'd wait and see if your Japanese isn't decent.

e: videos in the next post

Tamba fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 23, 2017

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Here's a video that's mostly talking.

The video immediately follows the previous one, with a transformation scene and some battles.

And here's another boss battle with more dubstep and a cool cutscene-finisher. (Battle starts at 5:20, everything before that is mostly messing around with the menus)

Tamba fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 23, 2017

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Alligator Pie posted:

I really appreciate the videos, though, that did help me get a handle on the language level. Fully voice acted games, which this seems to be, are great for me because I can hear the pronunciation of and look up words I'm not sure about. Also helps that the battle menu is in katakana. In the past I've bought both the Japanese and English releases of stuff, so I might do that if localization is going to take a while. It's good practice!

There's probably more unvoiced than voiced text in the game. It's just the main story that's fully voiced.