Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Symphogear, it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

why wouldn't we talk about the deconstruction of the madoka genre

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

🤔

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I heard the car ad show (Pleiades) was decent

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I didn't realize that aspect was a turnoff for people, I just thought it was funny since it wasn't something I picked up on at first glance. same with lagrange's mechs being designed by a car manufacturer.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kirika's clothes are good-dess

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

And there are plenty of series where women buy tons of merch, even when they're not the majority fanbase. The Tales Of series is majority male when it comes to all game buyers, but merch and more hardcore fan stuff is offically acknowledged as being overwhelmingly consumed by women.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Part of it might be these cartoons generally being just one project of many for giant media companies, so something like this is merely reallocating resources to something that could better optimize profit per whatever overall plan they have, versus a smaller company only having a few products/IPs and therefore much greater benefit from accommodating secondary or unexpected customers.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

what's the issue with happiness charge

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

why does it feel like every japanese kids' show fanbase is stuck a decade behind wrt translation discourse

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

[Over-Time] star twinkle is out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's extremely cheap and probably not that fun to play, but on the other hand a bunch of love interests from other shows crush on hibiki from symphogear in one scene

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbh it's so scattered that I dunno if I'd even call it a "Magical Girl" game except in the most literal sense.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I wouldn't put it beyond Shaft to get around to making something else, but atm the next slated thing is an anime for the mobile game, magireco.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, if anyone’s looking for an alternative to the Anon subs for Star Twinkle (as it’s looking like Overtime may have dropped the series entirely at this point), a new group called AnonimOT has started working on the series from where they left off and have currently released episodes 33-36 (they also release full episodes rather than just sub files).

They have, yeah.

https://twitter.com/overtimesubs/status/1198065036729749505?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

you heavenrended my eotena

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Aoki Ume's art owns.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It makes hiring actors a lot easier since it reduces the requirements for an actor to "fits in the suit", especially since the dialogue is prerecorded. These things are more like attractions than big events and happen all over the place, malls, theme parks, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They're all gag extras but they're fun ones.