Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

MassRafTer posted:

Buying a DVD of Time Chasers to see what wasn't in the episode and finding the racist cabbie and an extended bike chase really stands out in my mind.

Rifftrax did a live riff of it that kept those scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

May I tempt you with some desert? :smugdog:

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1760780251171303781

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Curses, foiled again!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's Bridget and Mary Jo riff, Crime of Passion, is basically "Untreated Bi-polar Disorder: THE MOTION PICTURE"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

muscles like this! posted:

This week's Bridget and Mary Jo riff, Crime of Passion, is basically "Untreated Bi-polar Disorder: THE MOTION PICTURE"

in

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Yeah that main character is sure something. It's definitely one of the riffs where the original movie unintentionally has the funniest line of the night.

Barbara: Happy marriage, Bill.
Bill: Happy marriage darling.
Bill: It wasn't much of a wedding was it?
Barbara: The best I ever had.
<they kiss>
Barbara: Who are you? Who are you? I know your name, your age, where you work and what you do, but I don't know you.

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 25, 2024

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's riff, For Life or Death stars Mark Pellegrino as a drunken hobo who is possessed by the soul of a ninja to fight against an evil group led by Richard Norton. (Also Kato Kaelin is in it)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1764743109441728796

Interesting choice?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I think it's not a good one to riff, the movie is plenty ridiculous as it is and would not gain much.
just my opinion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird to see they're not doing it at the Belcourt this year and also it is going to be pre-recorded live.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My unrealistic hope is that they already have Keanu signed up to guest riff and they didn't want fans mobbing the stage

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

By popular demand posted:

I think it's not a good one to riff, the movie is plenty ridiculous as it is and would not gain much.
just my opinion.

Their Road House riff was very good so I'm confident they can do it again.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Kind of weird to see they're not doing it at the Belcourt this year and also it is going to be pre-recorded live.

Oh, they're recording it in Minneapolis! I might drive up for that. Anybody here been in the live audience for one of these? How much were tickets?

e: looks like last year at Belcourt was about $70

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
I'm impressed they got the digital rights for this! Good for them. I haven't been able to partake in the live events for the last few years but maybe this summer I'll make some time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Just funded.

Also picked up For Life or Death which looks delightful.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm watching The Last Shark and Mike just had a great line:

"Are they listening to Steely Dan? They're like the smell of a dentist's office in music form"

Sometimes, these guys still get a belly laugh out of me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's riff, Hangman, has some really weird overwrought deaths. Like the henchwoman who takes a lot of bullets to die. Also it is Sandra Bullock's first movie.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Waiting for that dude who always complains about editing stuff out.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

"You can't remove the pointless walking-in-forest scenes from The Alien Factor!! whatever happened to integrity!"

E: this random screenshot I ran into perfectly encapsulated that film

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 10, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This week's riff, Hangman, has some really weird overwrought deaths. Like the henchwoman who takes a lot of bullets to die. Also it is Sandra Bullock's first movie.

That reminds me the guys should do The Net at some point.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

"You can't remove the pointless walking-in-forest scenes from The Alien Factor!! whatever happened to integrity!"

You cats should probably leave the roasting to the professionals.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Canned Panda posted:

Waiting for that dude who always complains about editing stuff out.

Hi.

E: this random screenshot I ran into perfectly encapsulated that film

A lot of times in films like this half the fun is the insane pointless crap like this.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Dawgstar posted:

That reminds me the guys should do The Net at some point.

It shows up as part of the 90s Cyberthrillers Special along with Hackers and the Lawnmower Man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t57qtp6Vpb8

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Heavy Metal posted:

You cats should probably leave the roasting to the professionals.

Is there a repetitive JoCo song telling me this? Because otherwise, no dice.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

:tipshat: ok you folks win, truce on the riff war. I wonder if they've riffed anything with Paul Giamatti.

I'm rooting for him at the Oscars tonight. He was funny in that FMV game Ripper with Christopher Walken.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

for a riffing of said game look no further than our very own Retsuprae!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Heavy Metal posted:

I wonder if they've riffed anything with Paul Giamatti.

If Just the Jokes was more popular, I'm sure we would have had one for Amazing Spider-Man 2 by now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gavok posted:

If Just the Jokes was more popular, I'm sure we would have had one for Amazing Spider-Man 2 by now.

Surprised they never did the 2001 Planet of the Apes

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I told me kid we could do anything she wanted for her birthday.

She wants to go see Madame Web.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Good thing I like bad movies, right? Right?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Maybe you can find one of those Baby Safe Haven spots on the ride over.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It was fun to see RT and the Mads together last night.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

You know that thing Rifftrax does where an actor will flub a line read and Bill will pretend he's the director and yell "KEEP ROLLING!"

Well, I wanted to yell KEEP ROLLING! several times during Madame Web.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Another Bill posted:

Good thing I like bad movies, right? Right?

It's a really bizarre movie, have fun!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

MassRafTer posted:

It's a really bizarre movie, have fun!

Overdubbing all the villain's dialogue instead of reshooting was certainly a choice!

Apparently the original plot involved the villain trying to kill Peter Parker in the womb, but they changed it to the villain trying to kill three future superheroes (none of whom are the titular Madame Web) after they had finished a lot of the shooting so they re-edited it and re-recorded it into the mess it is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the stretch goals for the kickstarter is doing a re-riff of Over the Top with Mike, Kevin and Bill (since the original was a Mike solo.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One of the stretch goals for the kickstarter is doing a re-riff of Over the Top with Mike, Kevin and Bill (since the original was a Mike solo.)

That needs to happen. Road House with Mike solo was fine but the other two added so much to it, beyond the obvious.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's funny how much they reference it despite not having a three riffer edition yet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Over the Top is a delight for any who hasn't seen it. It's Stallone at his most understated but in a goofy kind of way. Road House gave us famous bouncers, Over the Top gave us famous arm wrestlers. Also count how many times they decide his last name is either 'Hawk' or 'Hawks.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Also count how many times they decide his last name is either 'Hawk' or 'Hawks.'

It's a double elimination name.