Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Over The Top owns. It's so funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Over The Top owns. It's so funny.

The kid is a rollercoaster of emotions.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Laser Mission expectation: Cheesy sci-fi film with lots of schlocky laser gun battles
Reality: An unlikeable guy chasing Ernest Borgnine through the desert somewhere in...Africa? Spain? The Soviet Union?

The plot was pretty incomprehensible but I laughed really hard at the ridiculous villain death at the end. Don't want to spoil it but that was more over the top than a Moore-era Bond film.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

So. Next riff is "Creating Rem Lezar". Yep.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I saw two seconds of footage and it's an immediate buy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Check out Found Footage Festival. They were the ones who 'discovered' Rem Lezar several years ago. Since then they've interviewed him, had him on their show, and even helped get the movie a re-release for its 35th anniversary.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I saw their most recent tour and it was a lot of fun especially if you're a fan of weird media.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qNDSy2nqmc

ccubed fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 23, 2024

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gavok posted:

I saw two seconds of footage and it's an immediate buy.

This was absolutely the best Rifftrax I have ever watched high. Sweet Jesus.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Laser Mission expectation: Cheesy sci-fi film with lots of schlocky laser gun battles
Reality: An unlikeable guy chasing Ernest Borgnine through the desert somewhere in...Africa? Spain? The Soviet Union?

The plot was pretty incomprehensible but I laughed really hard at the ridiculous villain death at the end. Don't want to spoil it but that was more over the top than a Moore-era Bond film.

Laser Mission on DVD was still 4:3 so the title screen was cut off to read ASER MISSION which still comes up with a friend to this day. They are in Africa, I believe the Skeleton Coast of Namibia.

Creating Rem Lezar is something I remember hearing about on the early forums and never watched so I should change that.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Tourist Trap is on the twitch channel now. I actually like this movie. Chuck Connors is having a great time and the score is both madcap and eerie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Days later and I really can't get over Creating Rem Lezar. I had never heard of it before (I don't follow RLM or the other places where it got big), but it's just that perfect riff target. It's a lot like Miami Connection in how it's stupid and ridiculous, but in a positive way, made out of good intentions.

Also, there was this familiar feeling to Rem's actor that I couldn't quite figure out. Then I looked at his wiki page and realized where I knew that voice from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RtYGwiOgro

...the world.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Finally got around to watching Rad. Some very funny and surprisingly dark riffs. "Okay, that's enough from the Letourneau twins."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/tdcpresents/status/1773160918475555173

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Honestly, kudos to Breen for not going with AI.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Those fight scene look psychotic

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

That movie was, of course, terrible... my friends and I were in stiches right from the start and in utter confusion through the whole thing. We've watched all his previous films and this one did feel like he's finally leaning into the bad-on-purpose zone. I'm not sure, because he's been so terrible in everything he does and has seemed quite earnest in 'telling important truths that the people just don't get' sort of way. but this one was over the top bad.

Also the only way my friend was able to buy it was through Breen's website and he got a burned DVD with a hand written title on it. There are no DVD menus and certainly no subtitles, which made some scenes really hard to understand.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Antiquated Pants posted:

That movie was, of course, terrible... my friends and I were in stiches right from the start and in utter confusion through the whole thing. We've watched all his previous films and this one did feel like he's finally leaning into the bad-on-purpose zone. I'm not sure, because he's been so terrible in everything he does and has seemed quite earnest in 'telling important truths that the people just don't get' sort of way. but this one was over the top bad.

It's always a crap shoot if the guy decides he's in on the joke, judging by James Nguyen.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Judging by his website for the movie, he is definitely leaning into it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This time the Kickstarter is teaming up with Trace and Frank with Mads VOD rewards with a "Best of" shorts and a recording of the recent livestream "The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

This time the Kickstarter is teaming up with Trace and Frank with Mads VOD rewards with a "Best of" shorts and a recording of the recent livestream "The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues"

How is the Mads' stuff? I really haven't watched any of it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Dawgstar posted:

How is the Mads' stuff? I really haven't watched any of it.

Can be hit-or-miss. Not as riff-dense as MST3K/Rifftrax.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is also a lot more "blue" as Trace and Frank have no issues swearing. Also Frank has strong political opinions and isn't afraid to say them. I would say the biggest flaw is that they have more technical issues since their production company (Dumb Industries) is literally one dude and they sometimes have really terrible quality on their videos.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Yeah what he said.

That said, one of my all-time favorite riffs is from Frank. In that short where all the kids turn into ears and the teacher is just a mouth, they're going through the zoo talking about animal sounds. Cuts to a giraffe, Frank with just perfect delivery: "Who the gently caress knows what a giraffe sounds like!"

I prefer their shorts to their feather films.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I was hoping for some of that super casual charm you get from Bridget and MJ when they've been together for ages but it sounds like it's worth it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

One really cool thing about The Mads: if you don't have money for the livestream, you're invited to email Chris and get a free ticket.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dawgstar posted:

I was hoping for some of that super casual charm you get from Bridget and MJ when they've been together for ages but it sounds like it's worth it.

It is. Join us at the next Mads Are Back livestream.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Trace and Frank are so funny. Maybe my favorite of all the old guard.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

I've seen that before (well, bacon, but same concept.) It's... an odd approach.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I watched the Golden Corral video. I think the weirdest thing I noticed in the video, which they didn't comment on, is that the clam chowder contains PORK. What in the actual gently caress.

this is from a few pages back but salt pork is absolutely a common and traditional ingredient in new england clam chowder, though these days its often replaced by bacon since its much more commonly available.

also is the buffalo rider riff available on streaming anywhere? that movie is so goddamn nuts and I really would like to watch it again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I was looking through the Friends catalog and noticed that some time in the past they got a VOD option for Mike's riff of Red Dawn which guest starred Joel McHale.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So I was looking through the Friends catalog and noticed that some time in the past they got a VOD option for Mike's riff of Red Dawn which guest starred Joel McHale.

Yeah, I've only ever heard clips of it when they'd do those teasers but it's neat Joel's a fan. Weird Al and NPH are the other big guests I can recall.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I watched Red Dawn again on Friends recently after not seeing it for ~20 years and gosh what a bleak movie. Stacy Keach owns it, as always.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I've only ever heard clips of it when they'd do those teasers but it's neat Joel's a fan. Weird Al and NPH are the other big guests I can recall.

The Soup wouldn’t exist without mystery science theater.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I buy weird poo poo thanks to RiffTrax.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can't believe you actually bought Radical Jack.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I commend the Cobra/Tango & Cash two pack.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I found it at a secondhand store for $.25 and couldn't pass it up.

I'm broken.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

I commend the Cobra/Tango & Cash two pack.

Only if it still has the director commentary for Cobra.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hobgoblins, Hobgoblins, what do you do with those Hobgoblins? they are over here -they are over there these darn Hobgoblins are everywhere. LIVE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_sShY2KFuM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Only if it still has the director commentary for Cobra.

Is that a good one?