Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
My favorite is the giant ASK.COM building where ASK.COM makes most of its revenue by renting out to other, potentially successful tech start ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Josh Lyman posted:

I remember when people were using altavista in middle school and you had to use Boolean search strings

Personally, I was a hotbot guy.

I remember when you still had to use Boolean searches on google

Also, knew people who used Ask Jeeves and would always type in their search in the form of a question, like they were on Jeopardy

Caros
May 14, 2008

scuz posted:

Dogpile was the poo poo.

Can you believe that https://excite.com still exists? I sure can't!

Judging by the fact that it doesn't load when I click on it, I'm guessing having more than three people trying at once is crashing the good old boy they used back in 1992.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GOOCHY posted:

McCain had to get in there and be "very troubled" about something on the big stage today. He's never met a camera he didn't love.

Ordinarily he would've, but he wasn't very concerned. He wasn't anything but a semi conscious old man in a chair with only a vague idea where he was.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Caros posted:

Judging by the fact that it doesn't load when I click on it, I'm guessing having more than three people trying at once is crashing the good old boy they used back in 1992.
The forums are auto-adding the httpS, try this instead.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Josh Lyman posted:

It's like a college student being hinting at a better grade in exchange for sex. You don't want to explicitly address the issue because you can't believe they would even bring it up because they should know better.

It's exactly what you do when somebody does something beyond the pale inappropriate. Like the time that I gave a woman a lift home after a party and she invited very-happily-married me up her apartment - my reaction wasn't to go "No you idiot I'm not cheating on my wife!" immediately - it was to say "no thanks" and drive home,think about what to do, and verify that what I thought had happened was what had happened. (and later tell her that needed to never happen again)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a video available of mccain stroking out?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Caros posted:

gently caress, I dealt with this yesterday. My girlfriend (who is a decade my junior) was joking about how we lived without google, and it occurred to me that she was like... nine when google became the defacto search engine for the entire world. She never really lived in the dark time of altavista, webcrawler and netscape navigator.

It's a really weird feeling to be one of the people who can remember a time before broadband, before the Internet in general even. When I first used a computer, it had Windows 3.1 and IBM's OS/2 (my dad worked for IBM at the time). I'm old enough to remember a time where you had to use DOS to trick your computer into giving you more memory access just to run certain programs. When I first connected to the Internet it was through Prodigy and its glorified BBS system. AOL wasn't even a thing then. It's so stunning to think about how fast that all changed, comparatively, especially when I have friends who are maybe 5 years younger than me but don't remember a time without the Internet.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

Is there a video available of mccain stroking out?
it's not really worth it, it's just really boring and comey does a decent job at hiding his utter confusion

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

GOOCHY posted:

McCain had to get in there and be "very troubled" about something on the big stage today. He's never met a camera he didn't love.

"My friends, I was informed there were cupcakes in here. I'm very troubled at the lack of cupcakes."

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:
Missed it because I was working.

How many points did Trump win by?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Broccoli Cat posted:

Missed it because I was working.

How many points did Trump win by?

Negative a thousand

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Trump lawyer statement imminent.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I feel like I am in the election thread all over again, when people were crowing about Clinton's "victory lap" and actively making fun of anyone who brought up the fact that the election wasn't in the bag.

Nothing happened today, and in this environment nothing is going to happen. This is a huge null tell, and after hyping up this Comey things for weeks, when people realize nothing happened they're gonna check out. The worst part is it's not even a conspiracy, it's just boring and America is broken about boring things. Not enough people with influence or motivation care. Trump will be voted out of office in 2020 in a standard election.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Negative a thousand

WOW!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You see, Comey didn't rip open Trump's head and pull out his soul so therefore

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Kammat posted:

Trump lawyer statement imminent.

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/872877320431955969

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Negative a thousand

does it even matter? people in the white house and the GOP will still protect his bumbling rear end and call foul and loving everything. I feel like unless we have the Piss Tape nothing will come of this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Samfucius posted:

I feel like I am in the election thread all over again, when people were crowing about Clinton's "victory lap" and actively making fun of anyone who brought up the fact that the election wasn't in the bag.

Nothing happened today, and in this environment nothing is going to happen. This is a huge null tell, and after hyping up this Comey things for weeks, when people realize nothing happened they're gonna check out. The worst part is it's not even a conspiracy, it's just boring and America is broken about boring things. Not enough people with influence or motivation care. Trump will be voted out of office in 2020 in a standard election.

I really hope you're right. Because people keep saying "WELP, HE'S DONE" and then general stupidity wades in.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDNe9A0QfI

Trumps lawyer responds.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Trump presidency close quote

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

lol

https://twitter.com/erikdbwestlund/status/872878598943846402

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
What a bullshit statement. PLAY YOUR TAPES you cheeto stained Becket hater.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/juliehdavis/status/872880038202486792

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Star Man posted:

You see, Comey didn't rip open Trump's head and pull out his soul so therefore

You're trying to be snarky but you are 100% right. The only thing that matters is spectacle, to every single person.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Samfucius posted:

The euphoria does smack very much of the 2016 election sentiment to me. The most I think we can hope for given the GOP control of most statehouses and the dynamics that come from Congressional races is: (1) an erosion of the GOP Congressional majority; (2) enough gridlock that no massively harmful legislation gets passed; and (3) enough disillusionment among conservative leaning people that the Democrats can propel whoever in their ranks isn't laden with enormous amounts of baggage into the White House in 2020.

Even then, I bet the Democrats will nominate some Black Hole of Charisma and bungle it anyway.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Wait, so is Trump l-l-l-lying?!?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
:stare:

He's claiming executive privilege on the conversation itself?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Can anyone explain to me why talking to the President is privileged information?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
LoL at that statement from Trump's lawyer

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

farraday posted:

Can anyone explain to me why talking to the President is privileged information?

It is when the president doesn't understand what the president does.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

farraday posted:

I assume for classified info type reasons

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Comey was employed as Trumps doctor.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Volkerball posted:

Comey was employed as Trumps doctor.

Compromised by the Harkonnens, clearly.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I assume for classified info type reasons

Except Comey specifically stated the memo was written unclassified and without other official secrecy levels on it

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
I like that they were going "He asked for loyalty to the country!" But now he didn't ask for loyalty. Also he's entitled to expect loyalty.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Here is an even sadder press statement, from John McCain

https://twitter.com/jeremyherb/status/872885908529393666

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Is this the lawyer who was hired after all those other firms turned Trump down? Or is this a different lawyer. Because things make a lot of sense if the former.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Cabbit posted:

Even money says Trump is currently asking somebody if they can arrest him or Comey for leaking.

Like fuckin' clockwork.

Edit:

The Glumslinger posted:

It's probably the last time they're going to be good in his lifetime, I don't blame him. Plus he might actually be outside of MLB's asinine blackout restrictions for Diamondbacks games on MLB.tv.. maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

The Glumslinger posted:

i'm not senile! i'm not senile! i screamed as a slowly transformed into a corncob

• Locked thread