Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
A current events thread pay aborted for obvious reasons:

I think you guys know more about what's wrong with San Diego than I do. I'm very confused by it. I think it's the most urban city I could be stationed in, but it has the same quantity and of quality of music venues than the town I went to college in which had 1/20th the population, only way more spread out. Everybody lives really far and hates that parking costs so much so they don't do anything. The people in it seem incredibly distant. Restaurant and bar staff are regularly incompetent, but the food and beer are fantastic.

There's nothing super wrong with it. There's bad infrastructure, but not Atlanta bad. Mass transit is weirdly inefficient and uses cops instead of turnstiles, but nowhere in the real parts of town is more than 1 hour away from anywhere else (but only homeless people take the bus). Nobody seems to make anything for a living. Somehow in the town where's Comicon happens, comic book shops don't survive.

I think the problem with this town is that I'm 30 and the beach is loving boring. Please tell me why you think your town or San Diego sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

My main impression of San Diego was a sweltering parking lot.

The cheap parking when you show up late to six flags during busy season

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

CommieGIR posted:

Here's to you Pine Cone Jones' dad. gently caress cancer.