Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
And sometimes that single step is on someone's throat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

We will never know what the deal with orange piccolo was but if it's any consolation I doubt Akira Toriyama did either

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Orange Piccolo is the next step to Piccolo's Final Form: Purple Piccolo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
of course piccolo turned orange what other color would he turn into

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kakarot screwed up the scene where Tien keeps Cell pinned down. This just showed him hitting Cell with it a few times, while IIRC Cell originally kept getting slammed down and got really mad and frustrated.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Kakarot screwed up the scene where Tien keeps Cell pinned down. This just showed him hitting Cell with it a few times, while IIRC Cell originally kept getting slammed down and got really mad and frustrated.

it was a whole day until the next episode aired

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah like it wasn't powerful enough to actually damage Cell but it was enough to knock him around and probably wasn't a very comfortable experience for him either

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it was a whole day until the next episode aired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9dEvaBLfOA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least they bothered showing the tribeam. in the gba legacy of goku 2 tien just hit cell with basic ki blasts.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Probably one of the funnier episodes of the saga, an entire episode where Cell just goes "Huhhh, ughhh ughhhh" and bellows angrily.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

We will never know what the deal with orange piccolo was but if it's any consolation I doubt Akira Toriyama did either

I know what the deal with Orange Piccolo was.

he fukkin rules

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I saw a video that posits that the orange is specifically dragonball-coloring since the dragonballs are revered as sacred objects by Namekians, which makes as much sense as anything else.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Orange dick is better than green dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9RPJ02xXA

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Orange Piccolo should forcefully absorb Omega Shenron somehow

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Mr.Acula posted:

Orange Piccolo should forcefully absorb Omega Shenron somehow

Stop spoiling Sparking Zero "what-if" stories.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The greatest DBZ video of all time

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Rudoku posted:

Stop spoiling Sparking Zero "what-if" stories.

What if Broly beat the z-fighters and then Cell went to fight Broly in space after no one showed up to his party

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Orange Piccolo is just Super Namek God Piccolo but the red ki is filtered by his Namekian chlorophyll and chi-shifts it to orange duh.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
what if goku used a gun and shot vegeta

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Orange Piccolo is just Super Namek God Piccolo but the red ki is filtered by his Namekian chlorophyll and chi-shifts it to orange duh.

Well, considering Trunks and Goten specifically say they can't sense Piccolo's Ki after he goes Orange, and God Ki isn't possible to sense for those who can't access it...

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Man Super Hero was a great time.

I wish it was animated properly instead of the video game cgi they used, but it's a small nitpick

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kurui Reiten posted:

Well, considering Trunks and Goten specifically say they can't sense Piccolo's Ki after he goes Orange, and God Ki isn't possible to sense for those who can't access it...

Maybe Orange is Kami potential unlocked. He had god ki right?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what if goku used a gun and shot vegeta

well vegeta used a gun and shot goku and it didnt work

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
A Freeza force dude shot Goku with a gun and it worked that one time.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The very first thing anyone does when Raditz lands on earth is shoot at him.

It doesn't work out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A gun only gives you a power level of 5.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

A Freeza force dude shot Goku with a gun and it worked that one time.

that was a laser ring

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
They should have used whatever they used in that laser ring in the goofy blaster guns they gave to the Freeza grunts, really.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darth TNT posted:

Maybe Orange is Kami potential unlocked. He had god ki right?

We never get a confirmation about Kami specifically, but we know Dende does since Piccolo asks him if they succeeded in turning Goku into a Super Saiyan God as no one else could sense his Ki in that state. It stands to reason that it comes with God territory so Kami should have had God Ki too but Piccolo doesn't since he's just a regular Namekian, not even of the mystical Dragon Clan.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
A transformation that was nothing more than a speedbump for the villain. Pathetic.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kanos posted:

They should have used whatever they used in that laser ring in the goofy blaster guns they gave to the Freeza grunts, really.

From my recollection the arm blasters we see some Frieza goons use are powered by the wearer's Ki, basically a workaround for those unable to make a Ki blast on their own since they're all weird mutants rather than having the martial arts/mysticism traditions that Earth and Namek have

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Namekians from Namek transform like this... But Namekians from Earth, you know they transform like this....

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://x.com/catsuka/status/1771908039345393792?s=20

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
one of the great things about his art is that its so iconic and you can spot it, but its also so easy for fans to emulate as well and make their own fanart.

like the features are so simple, but you see it and go yep that's Toriyama.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

:unsmith:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
latin america is the super saiyan of dragon ball fandoms

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Alan_Shore posted:

Man Super Hero was a great time.

I wish it was animated properly instead of the video game cgi they used, but it's a small nitpick

Yup. Seeing fan posts of WHAT IF THEY ANIMATED LIKE DBZ AT ITS BEST does make me a bit sad. Everyone seems less imposing in Super compared to Z.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

broly movie aesthetic was flawless

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

gay devil posted:

broly movie aesthetic was flawless

thats right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009