Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Stopped watching after RoF. Where the gently caress is Mr. Satan to fight for the continual existence of the universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I liked how every anime latin american dub rerecorded the original japanese opening/ending with spanish lyrics and they were fantastic without fail

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Goku becoming best friends with a previous horrible enemy through sheer force of personality is straight up the oldest trick in his book

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I always thought that as long as they kept fighting saiyans would straight up live forever
Like no one knows what an old saiyan looks like because saiyans either die in combat or are still in their prime fighting and winning

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I was happy when super saiyan god seemed to slim Goku down but then super saiyan god super saiyan made him roid out again

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Jiren has such a boring, awful design I can't believe people have survived it for so long now

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wonder if Goku was meant to be an alien from a race that gets stronger every time it gets its rear end kicked from the very beginning

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I totally forgot what a clusterfuck the Buu saga was what with Babidi and Dabura and evil Vegeta and Mr Satan talking down Buu and the kais and Gotenks and the Z sword and Mystic Gohan and Buu absorbing everyone completely negating all the time spent doing the stupid dance ritual and then kid Buu and it's just a bloated mess

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm mad Toriyama didn't make Gohan the new protagonist of Dragonball and have him surpass Goku after the Cell saga.

Wasn't this the original intent but then nerds rebelled

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

So Toriyama basically looked at the character and thought 'it'd be better if he looked exactly like Goku'.

And with pants

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Yinlock posted:

she also called him a monster when he went super saiyan

we all rag on how lovely a father goku is but his wife is no shining star of a parent either

it's a wonder gohan turned out so well-adjusted besides his love of goofy poses

Piccolo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Even for a kids cartoon I'd have thought a new form would be the sort of "oh poo poo" moment that'd be better as a surprise.

I remember knowing about Super Saiyan form like a really long time before the show got there in Mexico and it was still an oh poo poo moment that was the talk of the playground the next day when it finally happened

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Momomo posted:

I loved the hell out of this amazing, terrible game. It was so cool to see all these characters we wouldn't have any context for until like five years in the future.

I played the SNES fighting game first, I forget its title but it had Broly and Goku as unlockable characters if during the little intro video you input Up X Down B L Y R A and I remember that entirely from muscle memory
It also had this weird story mode that I guess was the Cell Games saga but there was multiple choice and you could somehow fight Broly I think if you made the right choices?

Also I just discovered I don’t even have to make like a crunchyroll account to watch it on the PS4 and am now watching DBSuper like a normal human being. Kinda distracting when they use italicized japanese honorifics in the subs

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Watching RoF arc now, cracks me up how Frieza’s entire catastrophically powerful upgrade hinges on push ups, sit ups, and plenty of juice

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So I don’t know if future arcs answer this but so Jaco is a space cop right, so who is his boss or how’d he get the job

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I know 18 is pretty important in ToP but man so far these people want to pretend women don’t exist in Dragon Ball huh

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Were did this come from.

I mean Videl’s just there to hold Pan and 18 was just there to hold Marron and shave Krillin. Yes I might intentionally have forgotten Bulma who is a lifelong friend of what the third most powerful mortal, wife of the fourth most powerful mortal and in good terms with an angel and thus has some huge pull

EDIT: Also has huge balls of steel

Also man Gohan looks like such a dweeb

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Squallege posted:

Then why even mention the ToP

Because I understand the ToP does have women actually fighting and doing cool stuff but currently as far as I’m watching in RoF Videl was there holding a baby and wishing Gohan luck and 18 was there holding a toddler, shaving Krilling and wishing Krillin luck
And yeah at least Bulma’s calling Frieza out and trying to catch Whis’s attention so that’s nice at least

I do appreciate how the arc reminded you that Krillin is straight up the strongest pure human in the show when he chumped most of Frieza’s army with one ki blast

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I just like how Frieza is endlessly patient and understanding for his special boy Ginyu

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Did Piccolo get depowered between Z and Super, because dude shouldn’t have gotten chumped by Tagoma that easily considering he’s three people in one

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The animation in this rof fight is really really bad, wow

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Kild posted:

are you watching the blurays or the original airings?

Cruchyroll so probably original airings?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wonder how the foley artists created the neck popping sound effect

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So near the end of rof was the implication that Beerus blew up Goku when he sneezed and Whis used his rewind to save him?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So three episodes after the new arc starts there's a clipshow recap of the last three episodes huh

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I didn't know the anime was ahead of the manga and it wasn't doing a filler arc to stall. How often did that happen in old db

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Kinda wanted Frost to legit be good Frieza but oh well
Also man is it a running joke how many times Piccolo gets a hole in his chest

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So they forgot about regular red ssg and went with blue for ssgss for both ease of illustrating it on paper and also because blue and orange is like one of the most pleasing color combinations right

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
First time seeing the super dragon balls Shenron, dude straight up looks like a yugioh card

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also was Piccolo always meant to sound so old and normal in Japanese? He sounds so different from the latam/english dubs it’s kinda jarring since for the other non-Son characters the voice actors sound super accurate

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

I just saw someone point this out on Reddit, but no one seems to get really injured in Super. I know it's likely just restrictions of the timeslot, but in DBZ people were getting their arms and legs snapped all the time.

Vegeta only bled the once when fighting Hit, otherwise it’s been nothing but bruises and squiggly or angular lines meant to represent dirt

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why is Trunks' hair blue now, I assume this is a different time line future Trunks?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ah, he's a delinquent

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

His hair was always blue in the manga and Toriyama decided that his hair will be blue in the anime now too, so it is blue.

The other Trunks still has purple hair because consistency is hard.

I figures it was just a retcon plus a handy way to tell the two Trunkses apart if three feet extra wasn't enough
I do like how after being more of a background character through most of dbz Bulma is front and center now
And I just saw that Trunks prevented Majin Buu's return because he didn't gently caress around with Dabura and Babidi and that's cool

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Bulma's barely been in the last two arcs.

Up to Goku Black right now

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ewwww don’t get weird with Mai and Trunks dragon ball ewwwwww

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hey yeah isn’t Mai like in her fifties

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hahah yeah Trunks wouldn’t know Krillin married the genocidal cyber ultra human he specifically went back in time to destroy

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Star Man posted:

Blue and orange are complimentary colors. They are opposite of each other on the color wheel. Red/green and yellow/violet are the other two complimentary pairs. You see them used all the time like that in media and things like sports team colors.

Yeah, yeah while orange and slightly redder orange along with fairly tanned skin just looks weird

Man the translators really messed up when they translated ningen into humans instead of the more obvious and logical mortals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
As long as humans exist

*glares at gigantic turtle dinosaur cavemonsters beating the poo poo out of each other*

The universe will never know peace