Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

that is exactly what I wanted. thank you toei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there's gonna be a Netflix Saint Seiya? that's wild

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

loving told you

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the beginning of this arc began with an explanation by Whis that power isn't just physical strength the way Goku has interpreted it his whole life, but this tournament is just that. I'm waiting to see where they take that

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I did NOT cry

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

So the orbs sense body heat, and the sniper goes after targets based on that.

So why did the sniper shoot that random rock that Piccolo threw

the smaller orbs on the ground did the heat sensing

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

considering super saiyan 2 was originally just treated like an improved super saiyan, maybe the thought was that it obviated the mastered form stuff

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Enourmo posted:

Yeah, cause that's how abbreviations work! Native American should be abbreviated NAN, so you know the "-n" is in there.

a lot of Native Americans use NDN

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dias posted:

Goku just wants to have fun fights. He's been taking a breather while he fucks around with the Gay Saiyans, but he's trying to match them otherwise. He even popped into SSJ3.

Super Gaiyans

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just watched the Fortuneteller Baba arc again and it's just so nice that Goku gets to see his grandpa again and do the thing they like most

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

triggered the libs by making jokes that weren't funny

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why does Ultra Instinct give you a power increase

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

but there was a whole part of the episode with Goku and Kefla competing in power!

Whis implied Goku's attacks weren't working because he couldn't maintain the focus UI requires when attacking

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

okay but why does putting your body on autopilot mean it's also stronger

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

imagine: a whole year's meditation in a day

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I feel like Frieza is probably stronger than Dyspo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

goku is a goddamn thief

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

"What is a god... TO A NON-BELIEVER?!"

Super Saiyan Yeezus

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

is the super manga for the top... good?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

we're getting back into multiverse, boys

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The Bee posted:

What's even happening in Multiverse, anyway?

poo poo has gone wild as Babidi placed a poo poo ton of lower power fighters (in comparison to the heavy hitters) under his spell, giving them a power boost

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

who the heck were those dudes Frieza put together and are any of them stronger than Master Roshi or Tien

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

we get it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Bendis is changing the reason for Krypton's destruction. Now it was the work of a space tyrant who wanted to eradicate Kryptonians off the Universe. Jor-El is the only one who was aware of this and this is why he sent Kal-El away.

that kinda sucks. Krypton being annihilated by its own hubris and Superman rising above that because of his Earth heritage is the best part of his origin

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm glad the character we identified with as children is a happy adult

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Beamed posted:

Man you'd think when only one person in this thread ever defends GT as Unironically Good people would get the hint.

no. let's spend hours on this ordeal

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 12, 2018

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

17 getting as strong as he did is absolutely insane but I'm cool with it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm pretty sure a big ki blast would blow a Logia away

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

TheLoneStar posted:

I mean, can you blast smoke? Like, genuinely. Would that work?

worked against Cell and Buu!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm doing this

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

in any other series, the mysterious brother of the main protagonist would be such a big deal and it's just not in Dragon Ball and it's so funny

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I do think it's funny for the ToP to be a thing after Multiverse has been playing in a very similar space for a long time but that's probably more because it's natural step, especially metanarratively with people having fun with all the what-ifs Dragon Ball gets

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Super heroes become gods regularly as well.

One of its most iconic things is the Phoenix force which is a literal God the heroes manifest sometimes. Sometimes poorly but mostly with good results.

there was another arc after that I think where everybody got divine weapons like Mjolnir from Asgard, right? that kind of stuff happens all the time

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

There has been six Thors, one was a frog.

Beta Ray Bill is a horse with Thor's powers, isn't he

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I don't understand what it means for Goku to be close to becoming a god

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah. Power levels primarily exist so a villain can go "But... THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" before exploding, but there's this weird section of the fanbase that takes them as holy writ, and feels that every fight should, ultimately, boil down to who has bigger numbers.

Super moving further into "Yeah, power levels are bullshit" to the point where Android 17 ranging the HELL out of some parks made him THE STRONGEST IN THE MULTIVERSE seems to have infuriated some of them, which, won't lie, amused me to no end.

within fiction, it's pretty wild that 17 can match up with Super Saiyan Blue. like, does that mean that as of when Beerus first showed up, 17 would have given him a better run for his money? he would have beaten Golden Frieza?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

world's strongest has good animation and good fights, it's a 7 out of 7 dragon balls, baybee

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's Piccolo Riiiick!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

apparently the ox king was stronger than king piccolo, kami, and master roshi put together so I highly doubt it

what, when did that happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Vegeta's gotta be at least passively interested in Gohan because he's a proof of concept for the continuation of the Saiyan race