Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caros
May 14, 2008

How can you gently caress up cell that badly. The clear emote is :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Dr. Gero built machines way better than anything from the robot universe in a cave in the middle of nowhere.

He also built that fat clown thing, so it all evens out.

Caros
May 14, 2008

HGH posted:

I'd like to see the Spirit Bomb job one last time, however unlikely that is. Like a multigalaxy one to one up the previous one from GT except Zeno or someone just pops it.

I never realized the Sun had a kill score of 2. Well maybe Cooler doesn't really count.
Honestly I kinda remember these movies pretty poorly. Did the aforementioned punch launch Broly into space or did it really bloodily mess up his chest long enough for the planet they're on to explode? Cause I remember blood at least.

He punched him in the stab wound King Vegeta gave him, which wounded him severely enough that Goku and co could get off planet before a meteor took it out.

Somehow Broly fell into a pod and ended up on earth.

Caros
May 14, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

It's kinda amazing to which degree Toyotaro needs to dump on Vegeta. Having him paralyzed with fear and having Shin of all people save his bacon is just sad.

Yes, because Vegeta never stares dumbfounded in shock after his ultimate attack gets no sold by the current villain. Other than Recoome, Majin Buu and literally crying against Freeza.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kild posted:

Yeah but its Shin who is in dumbfounded shock just looking at the villain, and then in dumbfounded shock as they fight, and in dumbfounded shock as the ultimate attack is charged up, and...

Shin is actually pretty good at running away. The one decent thing he did in all of Z was teleport in at the last second to save Goku and co from kid buu before he blew up the planet.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

goku looks like bardock and goten looks like goku. goku and goten are both second sons. ergo, all second sons in goku's family will inevitably look like goku. this means that bardock had an older brother. an unbroken chain of goku's going back to the beginning of time

does caulifla look exactly like her mom???

It actually gets even weirder when you realize that Vegeta looks more or less identical to his dad, and Vegeta's second child, Bra, looks almost identical to her mother. And that Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr. exist. It does suggest that Vegeta is actually the middle child though. Wonder if it is an older brother or a sister?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Hahaha, Kale's Ultra Super Brolly power comes from upper thigh tingles.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Is there anything stopping Goku from instant transmissioning back to the living world when he is dead? He can go the other way around, and dead people seem to exist fine in the living world with their halos.

I suppose its more a matter of Goku hating his friends and family. He abandoned his family to train Uub, when he could very easily just teleport (or heck even fly!) back home for the night.

In Z, the only thing stopping him was Shin. King Kai made a comment in the bojack movie about how that wasn't allowed and could bring repercussions from up the chain. Once we learn that Shin is a chump it really loses its weight. In super it becomes a little more scary, because that is presumably part of what Beerus is supposed to handle.

Caros
May 14, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Looks like 2 more powerups for Piccolo to have by absorbing them

Turns out Namek fusion is entirely involuntary and it becomes a game of cat and mouse to see which one can put their hand on the others chest.

Hopefully we get more chanting out of it.

Caros
May 14, 2008

:five:

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

RoF is absolutely closer but at least introduces a For Real New Super Saiyan Form that ends up continuing to be a thing compared to the other films which just have people relearning the stuff they knew already except maybe Vegeta and Goku doing the fusion dance.

It also fits in continuity, which is only really true for movie 9 and kinda-sorta movie 5.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Wuxi posted:

Congratulations, you achieved an even more boring gimmick than sassassin

I guess you could call it sassassin 2.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

Careless time travel causes splinter timelines. In the box of time rings there were additional rings for each alternate timeline that had been created through irresponsible time travel. Gowasu stressed that it was meddling that caused fractured timelines, and a responsible kai could travel through time without causing problems.

Zamasu, as Black, used one of the alternate timeline rings to travel to the Future Trunks timeline to meet his parallel self, as the alternate Universe 10 had basically progressed exactly the same way except the Zamasu there had never met Goku since he was super dead at the time. Both of them had still arrived to the conclusion that filthy ningen must be destroyed, though.

(Black's possession of the alternate time ring is also why he hadn't ceased to be after Beerus nuked his past self.)

There's no reason to believe that Gowasu taking a brief jaunt to the future would create an entirely new timeline, especially after the whole "this doesn't create a new timeline" speech he gave immediately before doing it. Nor does Zamasu blowing up a future guy create a new timeline. That's the future, not the past. The events have not been written until they happen.

So the future Universe 10 we saw was, yes, technically a future where the tournament didn't happen. But it was also a future where it was going to be erased without the tournament happening, not in 10,000 years time but in whatever time frame Zen-O decided. Because, again, the erasure of the universe is not an event that happens within the universe itself. When you delete a file, even a copy of a file, you can't fast-forward to the point in the file where it's deleted.

Don't make me draw a Zybourne Clock diagram of how this works.

Imagine four dragonballs on the edge of a cliff.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Burkion posted:

You saw how poo poo his students were right?

You can't tech a dog how to play basketball. Either they can or they can't.

Gohan taught a high school girl how to fly in an afternoon.

Caros
May 14, 2008

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Tien was trying to teach people how to control their ki using silly things like "meditation" and "proper form." Gohan, like Cabba, figured out the real way to do this poo poo. Just focus on a body part, get a tingling sensation, and relax your muscles. Done

It really would be amazing if super saiyan had nothing to do with being a saiyan at all. Kale explains back tingles to yamcha and we get Super Yamcha.

I mean, it wouldn't help him, but it'd be funny.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Well that chapter at least made the pecking order in the manga clear. Even with mastered Blue, Beerus just completely bodies Vegeta the moment he gets serious.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

That may be less pecking order and more it being someone who isn't Goku.

The chapter very explicitly points out that Vegeta is on par with Goku before Beerus wrecks his poo poo.

Black August posted:

Your insistence that Beerus cannot be surpassed when he's shown constant panic over Goku's ever growing power (and had Whis outright say "There is an example of a mortal stronger than Destroyers HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT oh is that parfait") is equally as strange, especially in a show where even the opening title talks about 'breaking walls' and limits while on the cosmic stage

Goku is stronger or going to be stronger than Beerus and to me that is an entirely foregone conclusion and the point of this whole dumb goddamn punchshow

The newest chapter has Whis hammering home the "You need to move your body without thinking" thing that they've been talking about since RoF, and points out that it is something even Beerus hasn't mastered. Presumably the Z crew will surpass Beerus when one of them (probably Goku tbh) eventually figures out how to do this.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kild posted:

http://imgur.com/a/x9rsB

the chapter btw

Tho its hard to say he's on par when Goku still has Kaioken at least doubles his power even if for some reason times ten doesn't actually mean times ten.

In the manga he hasn't used the Kaio-Ken. Which sucks.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

kale with broly support

Broly with Bio-Broly.

Caros
May 14, 2008

An amusing shot from a one off jump celebration booklet.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

I mean, it looked like Mai would have cracked Black's potara when he and Zamasu were at their love cabin. too bad she missed

she did have a great showing in that arc though

This really would have been a cool story beat if they'd played off it. Having the mutated purple zamasu the result of Mai clipping one of the Potara would have played well into the 'earthlings saving themselves' angle that culminates in the spirit sword.

Caros
May 14, 2008

HitTheTargets posted:

I liked the one based on Season Zero with green haired Kaiba. You need to know YGOA pretty well for the main gag to land, but also vanilla Season Zero is buckwild. Yugi sets a dude on fire without giving a single gently caress.

That's my post. Thank you.

I always liked the rules for yugi's bullshit mindcrush games.

Like, it seems he can make the rules to be whatever he wants.

:) - I am thinking of a number between one and six trillion.

:confused: - Uh... Seven?

:) - Mind Crush!

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Tbh this tournament would be so much better as 10v10 bouts between universes in a tournament format

e; a buddy sent me this link and today I learned there is a figure line called Dragonball Gals and uh..yikes. kinda nws?

https://i.redd.it/wht2aukglpkz.jpg

Lol if you think that is bad. My local comic shop has these and there is one that, I kid you not, is called "Chi Chi childhood ver"

I felt like I should be on a list just for going near the loving thing.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Stallion Cabana posted:

Oda (The creator and artist) is pretty bad about constantly increasing the bust and hip size of his female characters over time, as the women characters have gone from realistically sort of proportioned to insanely stylized sex pieces with giant tits, wrist thin waists and thick hips.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Black August posted:

instantaneous #1 most used/popular emoticon for the entire game's lifespan, preview now to heat death

I cant get over how silly the animation for Trunks looks in this picture. Like they just took his standing sprite, turned it sideways and called it a day.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The monkey's paw curls a digit as

"Android 21 is described as a busty scientist with glasses and long bushy hair"

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/16/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-new-original-female-character-android-21-plus-tien-shinhan-yamcha/

e:
scans have been put up

I hope vegeta makes fun of trunks for missing a ninth goddamn Android. Then she bodies him and breaks his arm.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TenCentFang posted:

I'm really annoyed she has such a soft girly voice.

Also lol at "I told her to stay indoors, if only she listened..."

Do you know anything about this, woman with android colored eyes and a red ribbon army labcoat?

Oh Goku.

Caros
May 14, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah but just the word "Goku" alone gives it all the context anyone needs, everyone knows Goku

Because it is most often used in discussing the specific form where you need to specify whether it is base, one, two etc.

The choice of SSJ over SS is half weeaboo and half Nazi awkwardness.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Daizenshuu I believe outright states that Vegeta became a Super Saiyan 2 after heavy training in the pre-Buu timeskip.

We've known for ages, people are just poo poo at actually accepting what the series and its material state.

It also makes way more sense in context to the typical themes. Monkey see, monkey do. If you show them a new form that is more powerful, a Saiyan will eventually pick up on it or go further beyond.

The only exception to the rule seems to be the mastered form Goku picked up for the cell games. Which always struck me as more of a Vegeta saying 'nuh uh, I'm not going to copy that even though it works' because Goku.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TheHan posted:

Is the thing about there being different classes of Namekian real or fan-made? Cause I would like it if in Uniferse 6 Namekians are all warrior type instead of the dragonball type like it is in 7.

In reality they'll probably just get really big.

Real. It is why they had to go get Dende for new Dragon balls.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I like how this transformation actually seemed to change how Goku fundamentally moved around. The way his arms just sort were hanging around at the start was real good.

The way he looked at his limbs was interesting.

:ssj: - o...kay. So how do my arms work no- oh. They work like that. Cool.

Caros
May 14, 2008

multijoe posted:

Also TFS: 'This guy is really tough ... well, better use that thing that always works!'

It was really weird to have Krillin talking about how the spirit bomb was an amazing, fight ending move when it failed 2/3 times.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Burkion posted:

Hell, by that point in the manga, series AND MOVIES, the Spirit Bomb had never once worked.

I was actually talking about last night's episode. The TFS quote is a joke specifically about the fact that the spirit bomb hadn't worked.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Did none of you people play a Mario RPG

You go from Super to Ultra

Maximum Oversaiyan.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

Yeeah, nobody points out that she was going to try to interrupt someones special attack (despite the fact everyone got together to watch in awe of her gang's special transformation), and Vegeta was the only one covering Goku.

So you know what? Vegeta is good, and even though he's not a team player, he's actually looking at everything in the long run, which is cool and good

Special attack yes, transformation no. People constantly take shots at Goku when he tries to form the spirit bomb, but the only one to ever attack a transforming opponent in DBZ was Trunks, and everyone knows he lacks any sort of class.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Her re-doing her henshin because #17 interrupted her was some good poo poo by the way.

TN: Henshin means transformation.

Caros
May 14, 2008

bobjr posted:

Piccolo and Gohan are going to blow off the other Namekian's limbs, but then they find out U6 Namekians can't regrow them.

Then piccolo explains arm tingles and the entire U6 race of amputee Nameks begin their rise to power.

Caros
May 14, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

No. Anything but this.

I mean Bleach's cancelation was a foregone conclusion after the 1st half of the Quincy Invasion, but the reveal that Juha Bach's power was to rewrite the plot as he wanted was the final nail in the coffin that made the Shonen executives go "No. This is stupid. gently caress you, you are fired" to Kubo.

Just being able to see the future is a pretty OP power by itself unless limited by some sort of "what is meant to happen will happen" bail out, but being able to actually pick the future that you benefit most from is just plain bad and lazy writing since, as Bleach proved, the only way to defeat such a villain is to either have a cheat code that turns the villain's power off or have the villain become brain dead and not use his power constantly.

The problems with the last arc of bleach had way more to do with the fact that the author was constantly I'll for the last five years of its run, which on the bullshit insanity that is a mangaka schedule, makes producing quality work more or less impossible.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kild posted:

Didn't we see piccolo drive in Super? At the very least we saw them drive in the manga

We saw them playing a version of Mario kart in the manga. Complete with vegeta screaming about he will beat Goku, followed by failing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

He keeps kicking me in the dick. Why? Why does he keep kicking me in the dick?

Apparently Toppo rings him out in the exhibition by kicking him in the dragonballs. Also, Goku wins every fight in the manga I guess.