Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Raxivace posted:

He cannot, as the Black arc shows.

Well Vegeta did ok for a bit at the end.

Bye old thread

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Man I wanna see the finale of the DBZA Cell saga

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Out of context it looks like they're both going to betray the other first chance they get

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm thinking Liam O'Brien.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

People are surprised that in an arc that's going to feature a new powerup, the old powerup is shown as obsolete.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

What exactly makes Cabba anything like Vegeta? I mean, even as foil/mirror I don't think any personality traits really stick or match up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Momomo posted:

The most baffling thing about this episode is that people are complaining it makes Super Saiyan Blue less impressive. Have these people ever watched this series ever?

You don't understand, Goku was holding back!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

ive concluded the dragon ball super manga is 100% good

The part where Future Mai actually gets to meet Pilaf and co. again was nice too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also it was Gohan who deflected the bullet into Beerus.

And into his wife's leg.

Just to confirm that he is in fact a giant screwup.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

RBX posted:

Why was it so hard for them to grasp "Evil Goku voice"

Because a large part of Black's character is not that he's 'Goku but Evil', it's how he acts absolutely nothing like Goku. (Except for the evergrowing battle-lust)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well, my opinion is this: 'I want senpai to notice me' is indeed better motivation than 'Baby next to me cried. A lot. For like, three hours', but not really much better.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hit being Purple Pikkon is basically just saying Hit is Purple Piccolo with Serial Numbers Filed Off so I'm not sure that's really a bad thing to be.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

"goku and his friends killed all of my friends and my own father! he even killed his own brother!"

Goku pauses mid-battle and stares at Freeza, shocked.

"... I have a brother? "

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I mean, the question can boil down to 'would Zenou be interested in seeing this cool new trick' and if the answer is yes then it's allowed.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The names are Saonel and Pirina going by a direct katakana translation. I dunno what kind of pun its supposed to make.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I would totally hug you if that was something I did!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Gohan succeeding at something?

DBSuper has totally jumped the shark.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Probably got knocked out without anyone noticing or caring.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I can only speak for myself but yeah, I got way less interested in the actual ToP once it became clear that Universe 7 is going to spend most of the runtime clowning on the other universes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Does 'pure spirits' mean that the people's spirits are pure, or that most of them are disembodied ghosts?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

if anything it's another hosed up/funny aspect of dragon ball cosmology

the entire divine bureaucracy apparatus exists only to keep a nebulously defined "quality" of mortals up to an arbitrary standard to appease...well, no one because Zeno doesn't really seem to care so it must just be The Way Things Are.

I hope/believe that before the end of the series we're going to be introduced to Zeno's doting mom.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Wukong's rampage against the heavens ended with Buddha slapping his poo poo, lest we forget.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

"No, no, don't step on-ARGH"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yes it is indeed totally out of character for Bulma to flirt with people she thinks are hot.

Uh-huh.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

... Uh outside of that one moment with Shin Kikoho (admittedly a great moment), Tien has literally never been useful in a fight.

Edit: Oh wait I forgot he beat Tao Pai Pai but he was framed as a complete scrub at that point so I don't count it as an achievement.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

eat my rear end

it's not my fault Tien has always sucked.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

My interest has waned a bit ever since the Tournament of Power actually started. Hope the finale is more interesting at least.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nappa was great and remains great.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I mean I know they brought Freeza back with the intention of having him do something big but right now he's pretty much there to take up screentime every once in a while so I'm just waiting for the payoff.

Also Frost is hardly Freeza-lite. Freeza's greatest defining trait is utter arrogance to the point of self-sabotage, which Frost doesn't display very much at all. (except at the start of his fight with Vegeta? that was a weird moment.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Is that even the case when basically every Dragon Ball villain since Radditz overpowered the protagonists and was only ever beaten by a bullshit powerup, a desperation attack, or both?

I think it was the DBZAbridged guys who first said this, but Nappa's fight is basically Broly's fight except better. He's completely superior to the main team in a straight fight, he inflicts actual losses on them, but at the same time they get hits in and fight back properly in what is clearly a losing struggle.

Also it doesn't go on loving forever (at least in the manga. I dunno about the show)

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 21, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Burkion posted:

Gohan, for whatever reason, really does not want to fight right now.

He is 100% dedicated to just conserving his power and doing as little as possible.

If it pays off with him as the last man standing, I guess we'll know why

The reason is that they wanted U7 to be capable of stomping all over 99% of the competition but also wanting to draw out the narrative tension somehow.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

tbp posted:

i want goku and jiren to be the last two, and to have an epic fight where goku reveals a new form he has worked on which gives him just enough strength to win

The new form granting the protagonist a win hasn't been a thing since the Cell saga.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Post special spoiler:

Goku loses to Jiren. As soon as the special ends, Jiren and Hit go at it

Isn't that the part people are disappointed about?

Goku loses and then everyone immediately jumps in with a transparent attempt to pad/buy time so he gets his second wind and gets the 'real' fight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

That doesn't even make any sense. Champa is there too and the manga established early on that they're pretty much blow-for-blow equal during a fight sequence.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

The only thing good about the manga is the violence is more impactful which hardly makes up for the rest.

Nah. They have some good scenes that aren't the manga like the family playing Super Dragon Kart and Future Mai meeting up with Pilaf and co.

The actual fight parts are way worse than the anime unfortunately.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah, they're having lots of fun with making a dub full of jokes and irreverence.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

is there a competitive game where there aren't tiers and everything is viable?

I'm not limiting this to fighting games

Rock Paper Scissors

Edit: I was gonna go for 'chess' as the snarky response but then I rememebered white statistically wins more often due to first mover advantage and most pros playing the black side tend to be more focused on ensuring draws instead of wins.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dota2 is very good at giving all Heroes a niche but you're kidding yourself if you don't think there are tiers for each major patch.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is it lame? I don't know. It'd be really weird if that kind of massive power was normal.

I don't have much beef with your analysis of the issue in particular, but I'd just like to refer to this and point out that this is the series where a scientist working off a defunct criminal organization's resources created at least 5 androids/cyborgs that could have easily shitstomped the galactic emperor who ruled through fear of his ability to personally crush everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I hope 17 gets to do more cool stuff soon.