Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Why did no one bother learning Kaioken besides Goku? Seems pretty useful. I would think at least Tien and maybe Krillen could handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Piccolo - Too proud to learn someone else's techniques, prefers making his own.
Tien - Refused to learn techniques from Roshi, same thing.
Yamcha - Too stupid.
Chiatzu - Follows Tien.
Krillen - Didn't go to Kai's, never asked Goku.
Gohan - Never had a chance to learn from Goku until he was already going SSJ, maybe? I don't remember the timeline of the Android Saga.
Vegeta - Would never be taught anything by a lowborn.

There I made my own canon reasons.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What does Beerus want to keep his order to destroy the Saiyans a secret anyway, I doubt he was afraid of an enraged Vegeta, or even him and Goku together. I guess he figures he won't be able to get all that delicious food if he kills them and everyone else on the planet.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nessus posted:

Did the Beerus we know and are hanging around with confirm that yes, he personally remembers telling Freeza to do that?

I vaguely recall it from either the movie or YouTube clips of Super, as I haven't really watched anything but the episodes of Goku using UI.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is it a thing in Japan to never ever replace voice actors even in death? Didn't King Kai's VA die? Just... hire someone else to do Goku, his voice isn't the big draw (but it is cool).

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I always hated the dub but both recent movies were really good. Sean Schemmel is a lot better as Goku than he used to be.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Zedd posted:

It seems to me he always seemed to embrace the parts where he got to be goofy Goku, but now the script are (more) in line with the tone of the japanese script and it really makes him shine.

The fighting yells and screams were always bad but I was pretty impressed with them in the movies. Seemed to be more emotional instead of just screaming to scream.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Who's fault was Rock The Dragon?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What's to stop the Androids from just refilling Goku to max, since they have unlimited energy? C'mon Toei.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Vegeta really gets me.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What time do the episodes air on VRV?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wasn't Zeno going to erase all those universes anyway, just now one of them had a chance to survive?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

This reminds me of the episode where Champa gets erased; Beerus whispers "Say something" because Champa disappeared with a taunt instead of anything earnest. People in this thread were confused as they thought Beerus was breaking the 4th wall and telling the narrator to start talking so we wouldn't have to look at his morose face.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Aren't there two different teams that alternate on making the episodes, based on a singular outline? Would explain some inconsistencies like Gohan being made team leader as he's "smart" while 17 has been the only smart one this whole time. Like the two teams didn't talk to each other.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gohan is also half Saiyan, I'd be surprised if they don't get jacked by that age.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Icarus, probably.

I wonder if Icarus is full grown by now.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

Goku (and Mr. Satan and Krillin) are born in age 736.

Bulma (and Vegeta) are 16 when Dragon Ball starts, Goku is 13 (age 749)

Gohan is born in age 757, Goku is 21 or so.

Goku is physically 25 when he goes super saiyan, 26 chronologically due to being dead a year.

Goku is chronologically 42 when he first meets Beerus (age 778, making Bulma 45), but subtract 8 years of being dead, but add back a year spent in the time room and he’s physically 35.

Numbers!!

Didn't he spend another year with Vegeta in the Time Chamber?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Goku flashing in and out of SSJ on his last ditch effort to take Jiren out was really cool. I don't think they've ever done that, and it really drove home how drained Goku was that he couldn't maintain the simplest of forms while fully conscious.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Goku and Vegeta undoubtedly overpower Beerus at this point. Frieza might too, but I wouldn't bet on it

What gives you that idea? Vegeta had to expend all his remaining energy to take out a GoD candidate who couldn't even properly use his power like it came naturally. I guess if Goku went full UI again and didn't waste any time he could take out Beerus in a fight but I can't imagine Beerus wouldn't just hakai him when Goku isn't looking, if he wanted to kill Goku and not just fight.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm re-watching Battle of Gods and came across this:

I always thought the 3D models in that part were a weird choice. I guess animating some of it was too much of a pain.

Or Toei was just lazy.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It still amuses me that almost no one on Earth has any idea about the Z-Fighters. A few times a year, someone is spotted flying, some cities or uninhabited areas are completely decimated, and there are large explosions in the sky.

Then a few days to a year later, everything is suddenly restored back to normal.

Now that I think about it, didn't they once wish for everyone on Earth to forget about what happened after a major arc?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

I wonder what tonight's epi-

oh, right :smith:

Watch episode 1 and pretend they started over while waiting for the new arc to be dubbed.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Goku's been listening to Mike Cernovich and assumed Saiyan semen was just as good as gorilla cum.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 1, 2018

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Why is Domon a super Saiyan?
Why draw a naked lady if you can't show the naked bits?
Why is that Trunks clip so lovely?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Incorrect

Jiren lost to Goku Blanco, a gag Latin America form, albeit stolen from Gohan.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

They only good version of SSJ3 will be Caulifla's eventual mastery of the form. Wanna see that hair.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Cabba was incapable of making someone angry enough to go Super, he's no Vegeta. He did seem kinda smart, smart enough to realize how his body reacted to the form and to explain it to Caulifla.

Seems a decent enough explanation for DBS.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

pictured: a good dad

Krillin, what is wrong with the back of your head?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Uh .. Are you ok there, Kefla?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I remember once making my entire family wait before going to dinner, while I finished watching DBZ because I thought Gohan was finally going to go Super Saiyan 2.

He didn't.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

so are you watching the original or the remastered version of dbz? remastered is different than kai

here's an example of all 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3BEzLXpMyM

Kai is easily the best here but Vegeta's "... shut up" in the second clip is great.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Was there a reason given in Z as to why Shenron couldn't turn them human? It's been a long while and I don't remember.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Broly spoiler: When did Goku learn to hold someone in place with ki? Is that a SSG thing, did he learn it from Hit, or did they just make it up for the movie?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I like the stylistic choice of Goku going green a little while transforming from God to Blue.

Vegeta did it while just going regular Super Saiyan but who cares.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Onmi posted:

That wasn't green it was a brief flash of ui, silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDhUg0Q6z_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvEZh3LkTPI

Unless these Youtube videos are just messed up and I'm mis-remembering.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Momomo posted:

Yeah and from what I remember, we don't even really see Vegeta for a while after Goku tags in, he just kinda disappears. I thought that was weird too.

We see him briefly helping steady Bulma when the ground goes all shaky. I don't think it's unusual for Vegeta to allow Goku to fight since they didn't know exactly how strong Broly could get yet. It is weird that Vegeta didn't say anything at all though.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wonder if the Ape transformation is similar to the zenkai. Zenkai, I think I heard at some point, only applies to a Saiyan's base power, which doesn't give much extra to Super Saiyan. Great Ape might still be 10x your power but only base form. Broly's Full Power probably surpassed that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

:allears: god drat do i want to see some tail-based martial arts. freeza doesn't do anything with his tail except the neck choke which never works.

Much like many lizards, it detaches immediately when sensing danger, to distract any predators.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TheHan posted:

I got ya.

Thanks, I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That doesn't stop them from billing every new villain/adversary as being stronger (or possibly stronger) than him.

When has that ever been stated?