Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Augus posted:

The biggest issue I have with his characterization in the Super anime is that Toei often seems to forget that Goku is a genius when it comes to fighting and training. they have him being baffled by stuff like image training 25+ years into his martial arts career.
Goku's characterization tends to be much better in the movies.

Goku doesn't seem to understand the point of meditation when Vegeta is doing it in Super Hero. You know, one of the most important lessons Roshi taught him in youth and reminded him about like, two months previous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

In '99 or so we went to a big flea market place in Tennessee, they used some fairgrounds or a 4-H center or something, place was massive. Found a booth selling subbed anime and got four of the DBZ movies. Was pretty cool, even if it was just Cooler and Broly.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

On the one hand I can't believe they kept the name "Special Beam Cannon" but on the other hand Piccolo called his new form "Orange Piccolo" so retroactively it fits that he can't name things

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Everyone in this thread made up their own hand gestures for their own special attack while they were teenagers, no lying, this is a safe space

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I want an arc where Goku and Vegeta have to actually use all the tricks they've learned (surely Vegeta has at least picked some of them up from witnessing and fusing with Goku) because whoever they're fighting can't be defeated by overwhelming power, you have to trick them or do something unconventional.

Y'know, kinda like Buu but without ever increasing power levels that immediately get overpowered.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Anime is for losers I only watch Dragon Ball stuff.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lunatic Sledge posted:

he's a child now, we shouldn't be asking these kinds of questions

He has a Power Pole so obviously a top.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm guessing Vegeta didn't get a lot of training until he met the Z-fighters. Dude still relied on a Scouter and seemingly didn't know people could hide their power rating/ki? His only real trump card was going Ozaru which would've been enough if not for the power of friendship and swords.

Presumably he could've left at any time if he wanted and it was only his pride at not fully defeating Goku that kept him fighting.

Vegeta relied on his naturally high base power with no idea what a dedicated fighter could accomplish until he met a Saiyan that spent most of his life seeking out training and peers to learn from while fighting for his life and the lives of his friends. I doubt Vegeta was ever in a situation where he could've died or been beaten to that point.

I bet King Vegeta would be very disappointed in his son for not taking over Freeza's army.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 22, 2023

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I want Cooler and Janemba to be canon like Broly is. They can skip the Hitler reference this time.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did Bulma explain how she knew what the dragon balls are and what they do?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

According to the Perfect Power Level List wiki, SSJ4 Gogeta has a power level of 32 quintillion but SSJB Gogeta has a power level of 12 septillion

I think it's clear who is stronger

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Zedd posted:

Arale.

I dunno, Beerus might've been able to destroy her and I bet Gogeta Blue would have a good shot at Beerus.

We'll never know.

Kanos posted:

The protagonists also don't behave as if things don't have consequences either - Goku's response to Krillin getting blown up wasn't "dang dude now I gotta wish him back", it was blinding fury that someone killed his buddy.

Didn't he not know that Krillin could be brought back since it was his second time dying or am I misremembering the order of things?

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 26, 2023

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, Beerus would end up owned in the end because it's a lot funnier when Beerus ends up owned.

Having to race back to his home to take a poo poo, admitting as much in front of everyone, seems pretty owned

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kanos posted:

I don't think it's that selective, given that the primary reason people point out for Goku multiplying his power tenfold by doing pull-ups in high gravity was "he was killing himself doing so and repeatedly zenkai'd over and over".

He was also hitting himself with his own Kamehameha that he circled around the ship by trying to stop it with his hands, I think, which seems pretty stupid and dangerous but that's Goku for you.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drh9T74RpBc

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bumper Stickup posted:

Don't forget in the double fight between Goku/Tien vs Gohan/Piccolo Tien almost immediately gets spiked into the ground like a railroad spike. He then proceeded to do nothing in that fight either.

Piccolo has been like, third strongest of the Serious About Fighting Crew since the Namek saga; not sure what anyone, in universe or out, thought Tien was gonna accomplish in that spar lol

He's not strong enough to hang and isn't clever like Krillin. Should've used the Potara for Goten and Trunks, would love to see Trunten.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

bowmore posted:

Get's knocked out by Tien by accident

Gets knocked out trying to save Tien.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gruckles posted:

Frieza can almost certainly live with his heart having exploded from evil blood pressure.

I'm not convinced he even has organs.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

DBZ, Pokemon. Basically the exact same thing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/dSb2buT.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cslCuaOBVLo

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

They also reused Vegito's costume for Gogeta, shamefully lazy.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Actually that kind of has me wondering, we don't really see the Saiyan characters do serious fighting in their base forms much once Super Saiyan becomes a thing, so makes one wonder just how much growth in power their base forms have gotten over the years?

Base Goku held his own against Wrath State Broly for a while, who was bodying God Vegeta.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Neito posted:

It's the part that gave us the stupidest Goku line, "I'm not interested in your saggy boobies", which I'm still angry about.

This is a worse opinion than saying GT was good.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1DoTSHTyj0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KMiNIU3mCo

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is fat Gotenks new? I don't think we've ever seen it before.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It was in the series and in Super Hero

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Fat Gotenks was the first failure resut Trunks and Goten got when practicing the dance in the Buu Saga.

No this definitely looks brand new I've never seen him before

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

At least Goten and Trunks have actually kept up their training, even if they're no match for anyone but the humans at this point.

Hell let them actually practice and refine the fusion dance to reduce mistakes and last as long as they need, the Great Saiyaman equivalent of calling in the zords to fight their monster of the week.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhKneD53kUQ

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtfDEuZF48Q

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Zonekeeper posted:

Hell, Captain Ginyu was the single most elite fighter in his entire army, leader of his special forces unit, and he only achieved that role through his body change technique. He doesn't even really show any exceptional aptitude at fighting, so we're left to assume he just brute forced his way to the top of the pile by stealing the bodies of anyone more powerful than himself.

He just assumed Goku was a mutant like him and all his power was just out in the open. Apparently had no idea that Goku actually trained and could control his power to a degree that very few people could even fathom, which was his downfall. All that overwhelming power is useless if you can't access it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mr.Acula posted:

No but screwing Goku over that one time by throwing away that stone they were looking for so Goku couldn't eat that night could be considered a worse action than attempting murder, in Goku's case.

Even if it did turn out to be for the best because the rest of them got food poisoning (can Goku even get food poisoning?)

If Beerus can, I'm sure Goku can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Vegeta would never sell out like this, this is character assassination